GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Oil Changes?? how much do u pay and where do you do it??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 07:19 AM
feysulex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Changes?? how much do u pay and where do you do it??

I am curious where people get their oil changes done. The dealer in the chicago area wants anywhere from 50 bucks to 40. I found out a dealer in beverly hills wants 100.00!!!! do you believe that.

Should i go to the dealer or pay 20 bucks, suppply the toyota filter, i believe that its a good one, and then have a good local shop do it?
Old 06-15-07, 08:03 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

i prefer a local shop over dealer since i usually have the option of watching them perform service to my car but you would have to research for a good shop in your area for your lexus...

i paid 60 for a full synthetic oil change (7 quarts)...not bad i thought
Old 06-15-07, 10:31 AM
chocaholic
Pole Position

$7 for a filter, $10 for oil. Suck it out with an extractor, swap filter, refill. 10 minutes, and it's done right.
Old 06-15-07, 11:15 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my first 5k for free, but I believe our dealership charges between $40-$50 as well. Oil change at Toyota is close to $30. Personally, I would not trust any of the JiffyLube or other fast places here in Jersey, too much bad experience you hear about everyday. So, for $10-$15 more (in comparison to Toyota dealership), you will get a white glove service while they also check your tire pressure, than you get a free car wash while you enjoy a huge selection of sandwiches, salads, cookies and drinks from a local deli being served at our dealership (Ray Catena). You can't beat that!!!
Old 06-15-07, 11:45 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twister
you get a free car wash while you enjoy a huge selection of sandwiches, salads, cookies and drinks from a local deli being served at our dealership (Ray Catena). You can't beat that!!!
What, we don't have sandwiches or salads here >_<

They have snack finger food type thing, nuts and crackers, etc.

I'm jealous...
Old 06-15-07, 12:03 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

$50-60 at my dealership and worth every penny.
Old 06-15-07, 12:16 PM
chocaholic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chocaholic
$7 for a filter, $10 for oil. Suck it out with an extractor, swap filter, refill. 10 minutes, and it's done right.
I guess I should qualify that statement....the nearest dealership is about 60 miles away. Would rather do it myself than spend half a day on the road. If it was nearby, it would be a different story...

Just a thought regarding Toyota dealerships. When I did my first oil change at home, I noticed the old filter was about 1" shorter than the new one I got at the Lexus dealer. Checked into it, and it seems the Toyota dealership that did the previous oil change just used an Avalon filter, because it's what they stock. Clearly the shorter filter was being bypassed since it didn't fill the chamber.

Time after time, the old addage proves itself to be true....if you want something done right...well, you know the rest.
Old 06-15-07, 12:17 PM
lossimo
Driver

I just paid $75 @Exact for Mobil1.I don't wanna know what the dealer would charge for a synthetic oil change!!
I used to do all my own,but with this car,I just don't feel comfortable with DIY.
Old 06-15-07, 01:04 PM
beachfront
Pole Position

$ 13.75 (yes that says thirteen) with OEM filter, tax included ...

Tire Pro's/Solo Tires
Orange, CA
At Chapman and Tustin

Friends and I have been using them for years...

Its a loss leader and they still have the best prices on tires in the OC.
Old 06-15-07, 02:42 PM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yang1815
What, we don't have sandwiches or salads here >_<

They have snack finger food type thing, nuts and crackers, etc.

I'm jealous...
My dealer doesn't even have nuts and crackers. Well, there are couple of nuts...but they're not of the snack food variety.
Old 06-15-07, 05:03 PM
minnister
Driver

Default Tustin - Lexus

I've gotten mine done at the dealer.

Tried to do it myself once, but couldn't get under the car and didn't know where to buy the oil filter.

Tustin charges around $65. They don't have sandwiches, but they have water, coffee, tea, and soft-drinks. I guess this is how the price breaks down:

Oil + Filter: $15.00
Labor: $40
Tax: $5.00
Drinks: $5.00 (still charged whether you take a bottle of water or not)
Old 06-16-07, 02:29 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Throw in multiple plasmas, landline phones, fish for entertainment, magazines/papers, and WIRELESS INTERNET at my dealership!
Old 06-16-07, 10:23 AM
kenatl06gs
Rookie

one time i got tire plus to do the brakes(got oem) and somehow they did it upside down
Old 06-16-07, 02:04 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kenatl06gs
one time i got tire plus to do the brakes(got oem) and somehow they did it upside down
It fits upside-down?!
Old 06-17-07, 09:15 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

are you guys running full synthetics with the prices listed from each one of you?

just curious...if you guys are that's pretty cheap even for a home job...7 qyarts of synthetic might be more than 20 on average...i know sometimes there's sales on synthetics....

about the dealership extras...JM had a lounge with free drinks and snacks...also internet (lan and wireless) for free....but ever since i moved out here to socal i havent used a dealership yet...and no one from the forums really concur on a "good" one...

about the free carwash from the dealer...hell the %$&*& NO...i detail all my toys on a regular basis and the way you wash your car and the soap used makes a huge difference on the long term look of the paint...nothing put Pinnacle products touch my cars...i also use grit guard and mulitple buckets to reduce the swirling. that might be **** but my cars' paint is well taken care of...=P

Quick Reply: Oil Changes?? how much do u pay and where do you do it??