GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Rattle Issue Escalated To Corporate

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 06:35 PM
hiendo85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks god theres no rattle to my car..absolutelii loving it...feels sorrie for you guys.. hope u get it fix
Old 06-22-07, 02:12 PM
Avid1
Rookie

I'm pleased to report that Keyes Lexus successfully took care of my rattle problem. As spoiled as this may sound, I hated driving their ES 350 loaner. The experience of driving an ES, especially a base model, does not come close to the GS 350.

In the end, it was worth the wait. I've addressed this same rattle issue TWICE to Lexus Santa Monica. They really don't put enough effort into resolving rattle issues. Fernando at Keyes Lexus assured me the issue would be resolved. They were very methodical in making sure that everything under the dash was insulated, and it worked. I'll probably be getting my car serviced at Keyes from now on.
Old 06-22-07, 03:37 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

I've got about 7,000 miles on my 2007 GS350 and it has no rattles at all. This of course is during the warm weather (temps > 40 degrees)

- I thought I might have heard some clicks and pops in temps below 20 degrees last winter. I'll have to wait until next winter to confirm.

But in warm weather I have not heard a rattle.
Old 06-22-07, 04:04 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

hmm only rattle I hear is stuff I heard from my old car a maxima. sounds like something rubbing. sounds like its either the middle speaker are or to the far right. not sure. doesnt always happen.
Old 06-22-07, 06:40 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

they should just felt the whole dashboard from the factory. the material is cheap. and no one would know because it probably wouldn't make a sound.
Old 06-22-07, 08:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Avid1
I'm pleased to report that Keyes Lexus successfully took care of my rattle problem. As spoiled as this may sound, I hated driving their ES 350 loaner. The experience of driving an ES, especially a base model, does not come close to the GS 350.

In the end, it was worth the wait. I've addressed this same rattle issue TWICE to Lexus Santa Monica. They really don't put enough effort into resolving rattle issues. Fernando at Keyes Lexus assured me the issue would be resolved. They were very methodical in making sure that everything under the dash was insulated, and it worked. I'll probably be getting my car serviced at Keyes from now on.
Glad to hear your issue was resolved. It's good to know that they at least offered you a loaner for the duration of the fix and not leave you empty handed saying they can't find or fix it.
Old 06-23-07, 05:18 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Avid1

Good fix!
Old 06-24-07, 05:56 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Woo whoo! There are hopes for rattles
Old 06-24-07, 11:43 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Default Sad News

I finally got the answer from the Lexus HQ, but was not the answer I was looking for.

First about the rattle noises, they told me that rattle noises are there and there is nothing they are going to do about it.

Second about the pulling issue, they have nothing to say about it. But Sewell said that they found the problem with one of the tire that causing the pull.

I told them, go ahead and do whatever they can to resolve these problems... But this is their final chance before I sign the agreement with my lawyer to file the Lemon lawsuit against Lexus!!!
Old 06-25-07, 02:41 PM
bdkinnh
Driver School Candidate

I'll post my own update as well: on Friday I got a call from the Lexus customer service center (three weeks after sending them my letter). They said they are looking into it, but it may take two weeks to 'research all the issues'.

A total of five weeks? Sheesh.... maybe a lot of GS owners are having problems.
Old 07-09-07, 01:36 PM
bdkinnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bdkinnh
I'll post my own update as well: on Friday I got a call from the Lexus customer service center (three weeks after sending them my letter). They said they are looking into it, but it may take two weeks to 'research all the issues'.
Finally heard from Lexus: even though my car has spent 7% of its entire life in service, they're not going to do anything about it.

Looks like I'll be forced to go through the Lemon Law process. That's really a shame - I had expected better customer service from Lexus.
Old 07-10-07, 12:35 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Good luck to you all!
Old 07-20-07, 12:48 AM
composite
Driver School Candidate

Man these stories really suck. Good luck to everyone. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-20-07, 09:05 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Lexus service does not suck, it is all relative. I am a local Toyota / Lexus guy and mine was purchased. The problems are exaggerated in a forum setting. There are 1000s out there with no complaints at all. Every car maker has issues, but Lexus goes above and beyond to deal with its customers in a professional and courteous manner. My brother in law has an 02 tahoe that cost around 40 grand (not much less than what my gs costs). He bought a 100k/5 year warranty. 5 yr warranty ran out last month, last week his transmission started to slip at 81k miles, guess what GM is doing for him. Nothing.
Old 07-20-07, 10:06 AM
bdkinnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
...but Lexus goes above and beyond to deal with its customers in a professional and courteous manner.
I don't think anyone has said that Lexus hasn't been 'professional and courteous'. They have been with me - they very nicely wrote back to me and said that they weren't going to do anything about the problems I've been having.

Not one word of profanity at all. Classy!

Quick Reply: Rattle Issue Escalated To Corporate