GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Rattle Issue Escalated To Corporate

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-07, 01:14 PM
Avid1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle Issue Escalated To Corporate

Last Wednesday, I dropped off my GS 350 at the dealership to get a rattle issue resolved. My service advisor has been very helpful and genuinely concerned about repairing the problem. So far, it seems that my car won't be ready until Monday or Tuesday. My advisor said that the issue has been with corporate which is why they need the car longer.

Why would a rattle issue have to go to corporate? Is this the way a lot of rattles issues are handled? Could my dash rattle involve more than just insulating it?
Old 06-16-07, 04:14 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be patient. Wait it out. Some have TSB's and need to be worked out.
Old 06-16-07, 05:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

They actually elevate it to the next level which is the right thing to do, the area district rep. Kudos to your service department for taking the initiative.
Old 06-16-07, 06:25 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess they're taking the JD power survey seriously......
Old 06-16-07, 07:15 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Default Still Waiting

It has been 3 weeks, still waiting response from Lexus HQ. Due to pulling issues and the rattle noises (front windshield, dashboard, and back windshield), both issues have been worked on at least 6 times. Yet still unresolved, so I have requested either a new vehicle replacement or buy-back.
Old 06-16-07, 10:21 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slk_dds
It has been 3 weeks, still waiting response from Lexus HQ. Due to pulling issues and the rattle noises (front windshield, dashboard, and back windshield), both issues have been worked on at least 6 times. Yet still unresolved, so I have requested either a new vehicle replacement or buy-back.

did you ever get the TSB applied for the back glass?
Old 06-17-07, 10:20 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Woah, are we getting all of these issues in the 07 350s??? Did anything get fixed back in 06?
Old 06-17-07, 04:19 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Yap, TSIB had been applied to the back windshield. But rattle noise on back windshield still exist.
Old 06-17-07, 04:20 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Yap, TSIB had been applied to the back windshield. But rattle noise on back windshield still exist.
Old 06-18-07, 06:20 PM
bdkinnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slk_dds
I've requested the same for my 06 GS300. It has been two weeks and no response - I'm going to wait two more weeks and submit the Lemon Law paperwork. I was hoping to avoid that, but it looks like I'll be forced to do it.

Please keep us updated!
Old 06-19-07, 12:00 PM
GS2006
Lead Lap

It probably got elevated:
1) they do not know what is causing it and waiting to see if anyone else has a solution
2) They need to get approval to do the work so the tech can get paid. Most of those guys work on commission.

Did they fix anything from 06 to 07.. Ha, are you kidding me. Not a chance.
Old 06-19-07, 01:55 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by bdkinnh
I've requested the same for my 06 GS300. It has been two weeks and no response - I'm going to wait two more weeks and submit the Lemon Law paperwork. I was hoping to avoid that, but it looks like I'll be forced to do it.

Please keep us updated!

Does the lemon law apply to rattles, too? What exactly does the lemon law "cover?" Also, does it vary on what state you live in? Thanks.

I, too, have had the rattles worked on about 3 times, and it's great for a few days, but they come back...I've been waiting until they got worse and stayed that way, so it would be consistent...I think it's time to visit the dealer soon to have the rattles worked on again. What is a tactful way of asking them to "fix it or replace it?"

Thanks
Old 06-19-07, 02:23 PM
SXYLXS
Driver School Candidate

I have had our '06 GS300 in for the same dash rattle issue 4 or 5 times (lost count). The last time I dealt with corporate to get the issue resolved because my dealership was not helpful at all in "thinking outside of the box" to address my concern. The rattles were gone for about a month after they felt padded everything on the underside of the dash including the loose wires. Guess what? The rattles are back. I have another appointment for next Wednesday but I don't expect any resolution based on my previous experiences. I am going to pursue a "buyback" or new car replacment with my preference being the "buyback" as I have lost all faith in the fit and finish of new Lexus cars. After this car, I doubt I will buy another Lexus for quite a while. As I've said before, our '07 Silverado is extremely tight and quiet compared to our GS. I believe Lexus has sacrificed quality (fit & finish mostly) in order to keep up with demand. If it weren't for the rattles, I would love this car but the rattles make it sound like a piece of crap.
Old 06-19-07, 02:54 PM
bdkinnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vandit23
Does the lemon law apply to rattles, too? What exactly does the lemon law "cover?"
Thanks
I would tend to doubt it. My power steering has died three times, which is the bulk of my complaint. I doubt they would Lemon a car just because of rattles.

Each state is different. Your car should have come with a brochure containing the Lemon Law info for each state - try looking for that. If you don't have that, try Google or your state's DMV or Dept of Justice Web site.
Old 06-19-07, 02:54 PM
bdkinnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SXYLXS
I have had our '06 GS300 in for the same dash rattle issue 4 or 5 times (lost count). <snip>
Agreed on all points.

Quick Reply: Rattle Issue Escalated To Corporate