GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

garage door

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 10:57 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Exactly how I've programmed many cars before. Mine and others.
Old 06-28-07, 10:05 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
That doesn't sound right at all. I have had Homelink on all of my cars since 1997+ and I have always programmed with the following method.

1. Hold down the Homelink button that you want to program until it flashes at a slow rate.

2. Once it starts to flash, do not let go of the button and now hold down the button you wish to program on your handheld remote control unit. Use caution because the button will activate whatever it normally activates so make sure there is nothing under the garage door or anything. While holding both buttons, the homelink light will flash rapidly indicating that in-car programming is complete.

3. Go to the garage door opener motor housing and press the learn button briefly and the LED will start flashing indicating that it is in learning mode.

4. Go to the car and press the in-car Homelink button that you previously programmed. The light on the garage door opener should flash indicating that programming is completed.

Distance is not an issue at all so the car does not need to be in the garage to do this. The only reason for wanting the car close that I can think of is that you get a certain amount of time after pressing the learn button so if your car is way down the driveway, you might have to run to press the in-car homelink button.

I am on vacation right now so I can't tell you what the manual says but forget all of that and use the instructions above.

Thx, I'll try it tonight!
Old 07-20-07, 11:56 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

OK. Finally got the opener programmed. I gave up and tried the 3rd button on the rear view mirror and it took it the first time. Unbelievable. No tricks, no learn button...
Old 10-01-08, 06:07 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
That doesn't sound right at all. I have had Homelink on all of my cars since 1997+ and I have always programmed with the following method.

1. Hold down the Homelink button that you want to program until it flashes at a slow rate.

2. Once it starts to flash, do not let go of the button and now hold down the button you wish to program on your handheld remote control unit. Use caution because the button will activate whatever it normally activates so make sure there is nothing under the garage door or anything. While holding both buttons, the homelink light will flash rapidly indicating that in-car programming is complete.

3. Go to the garage door opener motor housing and press the learn button briefly and the LED will start flashing indicating that it is in learning mode.

4. Go to the car and press the in-car Homelink button that you previously programmed. The light on the garage door opener should flash indicating that programming is completed.

Distance is not an issue at all so the car does not need to be in the garage to do this. The only reason for wanting the car close that I can think of is that you get a certain amount of time after pressing the learn button so if your car is way down the driveway, you might have to run to press the in-car homelink button.

I am on vacation right now so I can't tell you what the manual says but forget all of that and use the instructions above.
Yep, this is how i got it to work!! ^^^^^^^^

Finally got my P.O.S. Homelink to program correctly!! i gave up when i first got my car but i think there may have been something wrong with my mirror. i just got it replaced cuz the compass was messed up and couldnt be calibrated.

tried to program it again.....and it worked.
Old 10-09-08, 08:30 PM
rigs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my homelink to work i had to go to the instructions for my garage door opener. Each maker may vary but, for mine it said to push the train button and a light next to the train button would come on for 30 seconds. Within that time frame it said to push the button on the device i wanted to add whether a new remote or homelink system.

Before I read the owners manual for the garage door opener nothing worked from the Lexus owners manual.
Old 05-19-09, 01:42 PM
tunedis95
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for those of us that are lazy....ha ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tDP-296jE
Old 10-04-09, 02:52 PM
bigvicgs
Driver School Candidate

im having the same issues, i cannot get it to work, but on my ls 400 and second gen gs300 it works fine????
Old 10-05-09, 10:14 AM
lv99
Driver School Candidate

i just pressed the garage, community's gate remote button and one of the IR button on lexus at the same time for 30 secs or a minute.

the lexus will intercept the IR signal send from the remote and learn the code. no need to park the car close to whatever system it wants to learn.