GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dealing with the Advan Tire Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 06:28 AM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Scratch that, M45 owners are complaining about noise and poor tire wear with the Pzero Neros. I guess the Contipro Contacts and the Bridgestone RE960AS look pretty good. I'm curious about the Michelin Primacy HP though any Primacy HP owners out there with at least 5k miles have an opinion?
The PZero's I had on my Porsche had poor wear and flattend easily.
Old 07-12-07, 07:16 AM
StevenC56
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Primacy vs Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S

Our 2003 BMW 530i came with Michelin Primacy's from the factory. They started making noise at around 7-8K and were terrible by 11K. We finally had enough and replaced them with Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S's at 18K. We just sold the car at 36K and they were still pretty quiet with over 50% wear left on them.
Old 07-12-07, 07:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I've had experiences with both the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S (Not to be confused with the regular P Zero Nero Summer only) and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Both are very comparable tires although the Michelins are alot more expensive. You definitely get what you pay for, the P-Zero Nero M&S start to howl after 15k miles depending on your driving style. Despite the tire rack ratings that are helpful but usually not accurate, the Pilot Sport A/S' are a good choice for quiet Ultra High Performance All Season tires.
Old 07-12-07, 10:15 AM
vandit23
Driver

I was thinking...Couldn't the crappy A10Bs be changed out under warranty? Just a thought. I am going to go to the dealer today for rattles which became worse after they supposedly insulated everything...I will let you guys know.
Old 07-12-07, 01:59 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Tires are not usually covered under warranty since they're "wear and tear" items.
Old 07-12-07, 02:16 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by noncom23
The PZero's I had on my Porsche had poor wear and flattend easily.
I had a similar experience with PZero Rossos on my old 996 cab. I got 8k miles out of the rears and about 15-16k miles out of the fronts. I am not so sure that flat spotting is limited to the Pirellis though, I get it with all of my low profile tires but they usually works themselves out after a few miles of driving.
Old 07-14-07, 07:32 AM
daudbros
Rookie

Default How about this..!!!!

Does any one know if its a good idea to fill Nitrogen gas in your tires rather than jus simple compressed air...?
Old 07-14-07, 07:36 AM
Izzone
Rookie

I was driving down I-75 at 110 mph yesterday and hit someting in the road. My front right Yoko with 11K is scrap. Instead of buying one new tire I am going to purchase new Michelin Pilots (the primacy is nowhere to be found around here). I will give an update when they are installed
Old 07-16-07, 12:16 AM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by Izzone
I was driving down I-75 at 110 mph yesterday and hit someting in the road. My front right Yoko with 11K is scrap. Instead of buying one new tire I am going to purchase new Michelin Pilots (the primacy is nowhere to be found around here). I will give an update when they are installed
Whoa...I hope you're alright...I wish I had an excuse to change out my tires...(sigh), but I don't think hitting something at 110mph would be the way I would want to...I guess I could just change out the crappy A10Bs, but it just seems a waste...I don't know, maybe I'll bite the bullet and change them out...I still want to read some solid reviews on the Versados...I can't find anything on them!!!
Old 07-16-07, 07:59 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vandit23
Whoa...I hope you're alright...I wish I had an excuse to change out my tires...(sigh), but I don't think hitting something at 110mph would be the way I would want to...I guess I could just change out the crappy A10Bs, but it just seems a waste...I don't know, maybe I'll bite the bullet and change them out...I still want to read some solid reviews on the Versados...I can't find anything on them!!!
i agree...not the ideal excuse to get new ones but hey I want to get rid of mine too. I have 14K on mine and will try to get another 10K and then maybe also get the pirelli pnerozero m&s and some new rims for my car...MMR's maybe?
Old 07-17-07, 02:18 PM
Izzone
Rookie

Just got my Michelin Pilot Sports installed. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My car was starting to ride like a rock with those pice os crap Yokos.
Old 07-17-07, 03:01 PM
StevenC56
Driver

Unhappy Yoko Advan Tires

Unfortunately most all of the recent production has come with these tires. They probably have a warehouse full they are trying to get rid of. The car we just bought Saturday had them as well as others with production in the last few months. I had the sales person at another dealer we were thinking about buying at and their unit had them as well. Looks like we will be changing them out at about 15K.
Old 07-17-07, 11:54 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Default 3,000 miles update on Michelin PS2

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
So how are the PS2s doing?
I have put about 3,000 miles on it after Sewell Lexus replaced my Yokohama A10B with Michelin PS2, free of charge.

This is what I have experienced so far:
1. So much QUIETER;
2. Rides smoother and softer not as bumpy;
3. Even after 3,000 mile, PS2 still have rubber hair on them;

The only trade off is that PS2 does not stick to the road as good as A10B, and cause VSC to kick in early and easily!

Overall, I am VERY HAPPY with the Michelin PS2!!!
Old 07-21-07, 12:48 PM
Bogieballs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slk_dds
I have put about 3,000 miles on it after Sewell Lexus replaced my Yokohama A10B with Michelin PS2, free of charge.

This is what I have experienced so far:
1. So much QUIETER;
2. Rides smoother and softer not as bumpy;
3. Even after 3,000 mile, PS2 still have rubber hair on them;

The only trade off is that PS2 does not stick to the road as good as A10B, and cause VSC to kick in early and easily!

Overall, I am VERY HAPPY with the Michelin PS2!!!

What did you say to them to replace it free? I went there and they said that they might ask for me to buy one tire and they will buy the other since i have about 10k on the tires.
Old 07-21-07, 12:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vandit23
You got that right...My car is surrently in for the 15k service, and quieting the interior rattles and noises...I mentioned that the tires sucked and were loud...The service rep agreed completely, and even mentioned that others have complained. I asked if he could do anything for me, and he just told me that he would check with his manager, and see what he could do...I am willing to prorate the tires and get new ones put on. He mentioned the Michelin Pilot A/S. Do you think I should go for these, or the Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Positions?? I am deciding between the two of these tires...Any experiences?

Also, can the dealer change the tires to whatever I want, or are they set on certain brands?
The 960's or PS2.

Quick Reply: Dealing with the Advan Tire Issue