GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dealing with the Advan Tire Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-07, 05:02 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bogieballs
What did you say to them to replace it free? I went there and they said that they might ask for me to buy one tire and they will buy the other since i have about 10k on the tires.
I think the A10B only last about 12,000-15,000 miles, maybe that is why they only offered you "buy one get one free" deal!

Next time ask for "Mason Kessner," he is the best service advisor in Sewell Lexus. He will try his best to solve your issues.

Best of luck!!!

Last edited by slk_dds; 07-21-07 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-21-07, 06:55 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
High performance tires are usually pretty noisy due to the large tread blocks whereas all season tires tend to have smaller tread blocks and increased siping for cold weather and rain. If I had to guess, any all season tire will be infinitely quieter than a high performance tire. Tire Rack reviews of the Pzero Nero seem pretty positive and the got a very high rating for noise so I am leaning towards these right now.
Two of my buddies used PZeros on their cars (Volvo 850R and an Mercedes S-Class). Basically they said it was a great tire, but don't expect them to last long at all. You go through these high performance tires pretty quickly

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
anyone ever try the Continental ContiExtremeContact tires?
I have a pair of these tires on my S-Class. The ride is a bit harsher than the Continentals that were on them before, however I can feel the better grip and these tires will definitely last longer. I guess that's the trade off between a "softer" ride vs grip & treadlife.
Old 07-25-07, 08:38 PM
vandit23
Driver

Great news...Lexus is offering to change out my tires no charge and align, as well. Man, it did take some work, though...

Today, I went in to complain about the atrocious tire howl, chronic rattles, and how their prices for the service prices was robbery...I *****ed for a good 25 minutes to the service director, and all he could do was spit out pre-fabbed BS answers, and I knew he knew it, too. He called in my service rep and Lexus tech in to confirm all of our conversations...Man, it felt like high school kids in with the principal...The service rep and tech were stuttering and nervous...It was hilarious...I almost busted out laughing at the situation...

Anyway, the service rep called back a few minutes ago, and told me that the thre tires would be covered for free, even though I have 14,500 miles on them. Man, I feel so much better....

They said I could change them out for whatever tire I wanted...So I need to decide which shoes to get...

For those of you who are trying to get the tires switched out, don't give up...Just keep at these crooks, and they will fold eventually...And go up the chain of command.
Old 07-31-07, 04:59 PM
vandit23
Driver

Ok...Dropped off the car at 1pm today so that the stealership can put on the FREE Pilot A/S's and align the car...Rep tells me it should take about 3 hours for the whole process...I didn't care how long it took...Just the fact that they were replacing my tires at no charge was fine with me...Anyway, around 4pm, rep calls me and tells me that they busted one of the tire sensors while mounting, and it should be in tomorrow...GEEZ...the suspense is killing me...I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to feeling the difference without the CRAPPY A10Bs...Oh well...I guess beggers can't be choosers...Will update the final results when I get these new shoes put on...
Old 07-31-07, 05:28 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

uhhh vandit, where in CA and what dealer!!! PM me if u dont want to post it.

My Advans are driving me nuts and they only have 500 miles!
Old 08-01-07, 03:58 PM
micnic
Driver School Candidate

I am getting new tires too after 6 weeks of arguing with corporate. They ordered me new Advans. I said whats the point and that I wanted Michelin PS2, but dealer said those weren't recommended for GS350 and the michelin A/S were, so that is what i am getting put on friday. I even get a loaner while they do the work. Not sure if there is a special approved tire listing for gs350 or not. any ideas?
Old 08-02-07, 12:58 AM
vandit23
Driver

Got the new Pilot Sport A/S's on today...What a Friggin difference!!! The tires are so much quieter, and they absord more bumps on the road. At highway speeds, the only annoying noise now is the wind noise that I never noticed with the howling of the A10Bs...On local roads, they are much smoother than the A10Bs, as well. I just hope they wear well over time, and the quietness doesn't fade.
Old 08-02-07, 05:23 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vandit23
Got the new Pilot Sport A/S's on today...What a Friggin difference!!! The tires are so much quieter, and they absord more bumps on the road. At highway speeds, the only annoying noise now is the wind noise that I never noticed with the howling of the A10Bs...On local roads, they are much smoother than the A10Bs, as well. I just hope they wear well over time, and the quietness doesn't fade.
I've had both AS and PS2. You'll get much longer tread life from the AS. PS2 are more quiet though.
Old 08-02-07, 06:58 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

I only have about 1200 *thats hundred not thousand* on my car and it will probably take eternity to even reach 5000 the way I drive. I dont notice anything and wonder if I ever will.
Old 08-02-07, 08:39 AM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vandit23
Ummmm again, what dealer????
Old 08-02-07, 04:41 PM
993c2s
Driver School Candidate

I had a similar problem with Dunlop tires. I was hearing and feeling a growl at very slow speed when steering was turned lock to lock, almost sounded like a bearing going south. Also, I was not happy with the way the tires would find a groove in the road then track in that groove until I pulled it back. Try this approach. Make sure you demo the locked wheel, low speed crawl, growl to the service adviser then tell him/her that the road noise is unacceptable for a $50K car. Oh, don't forget about the tracking issue, it's unsafe. Then after your demo ride with the SA request that a
mechanic/tech also take you and the car for a ride. When you have returned request a new set of tires at no cost to you. Worked for me, good luck..
Old 08-02-07, 05:49 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crap... i guess my tires are going to be a pain in the *** in a few thousand miles.

We all might as well get rims then!