GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HID FOG Lights??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-07, 12:05 PM
safricags
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what were you thinking lol
Old 10-26-07, 12:42 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

hehehehe glad to hear you guys are happy with the product. I sincerely appreciate you guys taking the time to post your experience with our products/company.

Happy Friday,

Steve
Old 10-27-07, 10:31 AM
LexiGS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=aas080;3013269]It has been about 4 months now since I installed the Xenon Depot kit..and man even to this day, when I stop at a red light all the eyes are on my car...one girl (man she was HOT!!) said that I have a sexy car and she would love to take a RIDE!!!! My reply to her was ...."you know my wife says that to me everyday" what an IDIOT I AM!![/QUOT

WHAT?!?!..
Old 10-27-07, 12:22 PM
**FL Lex**
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve, got the kit, and having it installed Mon!! Having it installed at Lexus, anything I should inform them about before they get started?
Old 10-27-07, 02:09 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by **FL Lex**
Hey Steve, got the kit, and having it installed Mon!! Having it installed at Lexus, anything I should inform them about before they get started?
Make sure they mount the ballast very high, and tell them to put a drip loop in the wires so water does not run down into the relays if you go thru deep puddles etc.
Old 10-28-07, 02:08 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sounds Great! I would actually suggest mounting the relays with the wires coming out of the bottom. Aside from that, the Xtreme ballasts are epoxy sealed.

Let us know how you make out!

Steve
Old 10-28-07, 09:32 PM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slk_dds
1) Take out the 3 screws from the front wheel fender, and gently push the wheel well cover aside to remove the OEM bulb and look for open area for ballast;
2) Clean the HID bulbs with rubbing alcohol (80-100%) and the area for the ballast (ensure no oil or resides on the bulb);
3) Connect all of the wires and test run make sure the bulbs lights up before sticking the ballast to the bumper;
4) After all bulbs are light up, turn them off and start the vehicle and turn the new HID fog on and let it burn in for 15-20 minutes to stablize the HID bulb.

Hope this helps,
Slk dds,

I just bought a HID converter kit for my fogs on e-bay, but I have a few questions about your installation.

1) The three screws you are talking about, are two of them the ones located in the fender housing and the third the one underneath the car near the front tire?

2) After you removed the two clips and the three screws, did you just bend the liner out of the way? It doesn't look like it can be removed readily.

3) The two-wire cable that goes from the ballast to the car harness has no polarity markings on it. Does it matter which way the wires connect to the car harness connector?

4) Did you have any problem finding a suitable location next to the fog light to mount the ballast? Is it high enough to avoid future water immersion problems.

Chomping at the bit to do the install, but the instructions I received with the kit were non-existent (par for the course).
Old 10-28-07, 09:51 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HotShotEng
Slk dds,

I just bought a HID converter kit for my fogs on e-bay, but I have a few questions about your installation.

1) The three screws you are talking about, are two of them the ones located in the fender housing and the third the one underneath the car near the front tire?
Yes
2) After you removed the two clips and the three screws, did you just bend the liner out of the way? It doesn't look like it can be removed readily.
You only need to bend it a little in order to get your hand in to remove the OEM bulb and later stick the ballast to the inside side of bumper
3) The two-wire cable that goes from the ballast to the car harness has no polarity markings on it. Does it matter which way the wires connect to the car harness connector?
Before you stick the ballast onto the bumper, make sure HID lights up. If it does not light up flip the wire and plug it in again, it should work then.
4) Did you have any problem finding a suitable location next to the fog light to mount the ballast? Is it high enough to avoid future water immersion problems.
First the ballast is waterproof, so water should not get into it. Second our GS' well covered, so water should not get in at all.
Chomping at the bit to do the install, but the instructions I received with the kit were non-existent (par for the course).
Click the following link for better step by step procedure, (thank you l4wr3nc3 for the images). https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=299375
Old 10-29-07, 01:06 PM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slk_dds
Before you stick the ballast onto the bumper, make sure HID lights up. If it does not light up flip the wire and plug it in again, it should work then.
Thanks for your reply. Actually I was concerned that if I installed the cable with the wrong polarity to begin with it might fry something in the car's electrical system when I tried to turn on the fog lights and then I would be SOL. Thanks again.

BTW - The kit that you bought on e-bay, was it Xentec?

Last edited by HotShotEng; 10-29-07 at 01:18 PM.