GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: WHICH INSTALL HAVE YOU DONE? NOT SURE WHICH 1 TO DO..I HAVE 80GB IPOD OR XM VARIETY
VAISTECH IPOD integration SLI or SL2I
72.97%
VAISTECH XM RADIO integration SLX OR SL2X
6.76%
SHARKFIN INSTALL integration
8.11%
Other
12.16%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Vaistech Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-07, 07:46 PM
atc1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a SLI in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
Old 07-31-07, 08:56 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by beachfront
I have the IPOD and OEM Sirius.

1. I installed the OEM sirius myself and it took all of 1 hour...very easy
2. Vaistech IPOD I had installed and ran it into the glove box so when IPOD is hooked up it is out of site.

Both work great and are both controlled off of the steering wheel or nav screen.

I would not buy the IPOD again because you can only play playlists...no search etc...

The OEM Satellite is great because it is installed in the trunk by adding jumpers to your amp so there is now removing head unit, etc..just carpet and trunk liners....The way to go IMO..
both huh?? have many people done both?
I believe I will order the XM device from Sewell Lexus instead of Vaistech and install in the trunk (I guess that would still leave me the option to instal the ipod vaistech at a later date)....the install directions looked pretty complicated but I guess intially it is
Old 10-02-07, 03:06 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

install instructions for the trunk OEM kit from Sewell only look complicated. It's super easy - did mine in under 1.5 hrs. Don't forget the CL discount of CL911M to get 10% off

Search the forum for some other threads on tips and how to re-initialize the windows when you're done.
Old 10-02-07, 06:05 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BurgBoxstr
install instructions for the trunk OEM kit from Sewell only look complicated. It's super easy - did mine in under 1.5 hrs. Don't forget the CL discount of CL911M to get 10% off

Search the forum for some other threads on tips and how to re-initialize the windows when you're done.
Ok, the install is done as of last night...I did order from Sewell for XM and a buddy helped me install it...it was very easy. The only problem i had was that Sewell sent me the wrong kit as their new beta website did not have my exact specification of my XM kit for my car (I think they overlooked the 06 GS owners that had ML but no shark fin like 07's so they sent me the standard audio cable which does not work with ML) so I had to have them ship the proper kit from a different dealer since it was discontinued...frustrating but got it correct 3 days later. It works fine although I was hoping the song/artist would flash across the screen and it does not...have to hit text button to find out song/artist. no biggie i guess.

also, anyway to have the nav screen stay on the audio screen vs after 5 seconds automatically flashing back to the map????

I am waiting to install vaistech ipod adaptor...maybe movies will come across nav screen with new unit.. anyway happy with xm and easy OEM install for $270 after CL discount
Old 10-02-07, 08:50 PM
momisamira
Driver School Candidate

to make a long story short........i decided to do all the mods at the same time and pay the $700. Just wanted to get everyones opinions on the issue. its basically a done deal! Tuesday the 31st.

I think its a good deal IMHO, it all depends on where you live (i.e. competition amongst those who can provide the service) and if you are comfortable doing it yourself and putting it back it back together to make it look like it the dash was never opened.
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-03-07, 05:22 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyt01nc
also, anyway to have the nav screen stay on the audio screen vs after 5 seconds automatically flashing back to the map????
yes there is a way. Don't remember if it's under menu or info or set up, but in one of those there is a setting you can change so the screen stays on the one you current select as opposed to reverting back to map after 5 seconds. Poke around, you'll find it.
Old 10-08-07, 08:11 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Default Vaistech and the new iPods?

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (my searches were unsuccessful), but can anyone confirm that the Vaistech iPod kit works with the new iPod "Classic" that was released a couple of weeks ago?

I have a 2007 GSh with the iPod adapter. Since I am a serious gadget nut, I'm interested in updating my iPod. But since I listen to it so often in the car, if the Vaistech doesn't work with the new iPods, I'll just have to stick with what I've got...

Thanks!
Old 02-23-08, 05:48 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

vais has a model that is compatible with xm and maintains control through the steering wheel and stereo head. it's not that hard to install yourself. instructions on various threads. sl2i
Old 02-24-08, 10:36 AM
speed28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jokie
Does anyone know when the video ipod adaptor from vaistech is coming out?
Check their site. There is one out now for 2007-2008 GS without factory DVD. SL2Vi is the model number.
Old 02-24-08, 11:30 AM
atc1
Driver

Default Updating the Firmware

VaisTech issued a firmware update within the last couple of months. I discovered that you have a few options in order to receive the update.

1. If your unit is still under warranty, send them the unit for a free update. You pay for shipping to them.
2. If your unit is out of warranty, you can update the firmware yourself if you purchase a required adapter ($50.00 on their website) or ship the unit (at your expense) to them for the update, a $30.00 charge.

I was advised that the new firmware will allow >99 playlist. Folks that have Generation 5 head units will be able to take advantage of additional functionalities planned in future firmware updates. Their website has a forum where you can obtain additional information.
Old 03-10-08, 10:28 PM
sickntired
Intermediate

be sure to put the vaistech unit in an area that is easy to get to again so that it can accessed to be programmed. You don't want to have to take everything out just to do a simple reprogram (takes only a couple of minutes once everything is hooked up using their programmer that you can buy).
Old 06-25-08, 05:52 AM
tmv22
Driver

can someone confirm it for me??
does the ipod kit from Sewell allows song selection by artist? and more than 99 songs/playlist?
the vaistech with vid i got couldnt show all the songs in a playlist and can only choose songs by playlist.
thanks!