GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Good deal on an 07 GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-07, 11:35 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deal on an 07 GS350?

Hey all, I have the option of getting a 07 GS350 with Nav and ML for about 5,700 dollars off sticker. Is it a good deal? What do we all think?
Old 07-27-07, 12:50 AM
composite
Driver School Candidate

Default It's a good deal

I got the same car for $6100 off MSRP. A couple of other people got theirs $7,000 and $7,500 off MSRP I think.
Old 07-27-07, 05:09 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad deal.
Old 07-27-07, 09:48 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

No, you can try to cut at least another 1-2k below the invoice (7k-8k off the MSRP).

Because when I special ordered mine back in September 2006 for 2007 GS350, I already got 5.5k off the MSRP!!!
Old 07-28-07, 06:56 AM
StevenC56
Driver

Question 1-2K Below Invoice?

Originally Posted by slk_dds
No, you can try to cut at least another 1-2k below the invoice (7k-8k off the MSRP).

Because when I special ordered mine back in September 2006 for 2007 GS350, I already got 5.5k off the MSRP!!!
Sounds like you got an exceptionally good deal early in the model year to me.
Old 07-28-07, 08:02 AM
lisalisa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StevenC56
Sounds like you got an exceptionally good deal early in the model year to me.
i just got a call from my dealer yesterday from the finance director and they said they had made a mistake in the MF so the have to send me a new contract lowering the cap cost another $450 and up the MF to match the payment and keep it the same as my original contract...
Old 07-28-07, 11:37 AM
StevenC56
Driver

Question Leasing

Originally Posted by lisalisa
i just got a call from my dealer yesterday from the finance director and they said they had made a mistake in the MF so the have to send me a new contract lowering the cap cost another $450 and up the MF to match the payment and keep it the same as my original contract...
I have to admit that I don't understand the whole leasing thing. We have always bought. We just work at getting a fair price on the new car purchase and we don't go for any extras or add-ons the dealers offer. The leasing thing seems like after you settle on a price you then restart negotiations over the lease factors. Sounds too complicated, at least for me. We always take very good care of our vehicles and then we sell them ourselves. We are never in a huge hurry and we get top dollar. On the sales of our 2003 BMW we had 9K equity that we used for a down on the GS. That was after putting "0" down when we bought it 4 years ago. Our credit union always has decent interest rates. It feels like we may very well keep this car after it is paid off. We haven't done that for quite some time. We really like everything about it.
Old 07-28-07, 12:37 PM
fuenfer
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone get similar ($6k+) discounts in the Northeast? The dealers around here don't seem to be negotiating as much. Perhaps a trip to CA is in order ...
Old 07-28-07, 04:35 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
Anyone get similar ($6k+) discounts in the Northeast? The dealers around here don't seem to be negotiating as much. Perhaps a trip to CA is in order ...

if you can justify the cost for plane tix and shipping cost......
Old 07-28-07, 05:02 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StevenC56
I have to admit that I don't understand the whole leasing thing. We have always bought. We just work at getting a fair price on the new car purchase and we don't go for any extras or add-ons the dealers offer. The leasing thing seems like after you settle on a price you then restart negotiations over the lease factors. Sounds too complicated, at least for me. We always take very good care of our vehicles and then we sell them ourselves. We are never in a huge hurry and we get top dollar. On the sales of our 2003 BMW we had 9K equity that we used for a down on the GS. That was after putting "0" down when we bought it 4 years ago. Our credit union always has decent interest rates. It feels like we may very well keep this car after it is paid off. We haven't done that for quite some time. We really like everything about it.

With leasing, you first negotiate the price of the car (as if your intention is to buy the car). One shouldn't reveal his/her hand of the intention to lease until the "selling" price of the car is settled. Once the term of your lease (i.e.: 3 years) expires, you have the option of purchasing the car at the selling price you negotiated (3 years earlier).

Contrary to what people may say, the MF and residual are NOT negotiable as they are set by the bank/financial services of the dealership (i.e. Lexus Financial). Thankfully, the Internet makes getting the MF and residual of the car simple as can be. Sites such as Edmunds, Leaseguide and Roadfly will give you these numbers. Yes, stories are told of dealerships adding a point here and there on top of the MF. But in this car category, that is extremely rare. As long as you have Tier 1 credit (over a 730 FICO) and have ascertained the true MF and residuals from sites I just mentioned (i.e.: doing your homework), walking into a dealership you should know within a couple dollars what a fair selling price and/or lease cost will be.

If you read something that's too good to be true (and there are examples of such here in this forum),... fill in the blank.

Old 07-28-07, 05:57 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Glad you dont live in Hawaii. only one Lexus dealer. you're lucky to get it $2k below msrp
Old 07-28-07, 06:06 PM
fuenfer
Rookie

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if you can justify the cost for plane tix and shipping cost......
I'll be using airline miles, and I can stay with some friends out there (if I really want to be cheap -- probably will get a hotel, though!) And as far as shipping costs go, I think I'd prefer to drive the car back. It's a nice highway cruiser.

But in any case, if I can find $6k+ off, I'll be in CA.
Old 07-28-07, 06:19 PM
fuenfer
Rookie

Originally Posted by starstreak
Glad you dont live in Hawaii. only one Lexus dealer. you're lucky to get it $2k below msrp

You guys pay more than we do, but your cars last much longer, too! Whenever I go back to the islands, I always notice how much older cars are in such great shape. The snow and salt around here really takes a toll on the cars ...

Having said that, I remember as a kid that a lot of people seemed to buy cars in Oregon (no sales tax) and had them shipped to Hawai'i. I don't remember much of this going on by the time I was in high school -- I'm guessing they closed that loophole?
Old 07-28-07, 07:52 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

I have no idea about that Oregon trick.
Old 07-29-07, 12:26 AM
Eiso
Driver

In Houston, $51k OTD (Drive Out) for GS350 RWD + LUX/NAV/ML

I scored a deal $48k OTD for GS350 RWD + LUX/NAV...pics will be up soon!

Quick Reply: Good deal on an 07 GS350?