GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Huper Optik tint-heard of them?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-07, 10:44 PM
vandit23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got 40% all around, and 60% windshield...I think whatever tint you go with you gotta do the windshield...It is worth it. Also, the thiscker (darker) the tint, the more likely for ghosting. I was advised to go 40% and I don't regret it, at all. I like the 40% because it isn't too dark that cops will hassle me. I've made eye contact with a cop at a red light, and boy was I sweating. He just frove on his merry way, though...
60% on windshield isn't very noticeable. I think if I did it again, I would have even gone 50%, maybe.
Old 08-04-07, 11:22 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huper Optik has the worst customer service. They just refer you to their distributors who in turn refer you back to your dealer who put the tint on your car. It's a never ending cycle of BS. You can do some research on your own to find out the differences between Formula 1 and Huper.
Old 08-05-07, 12:20 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey pingu, just my opinion but even if I did have any problems with Huper Optik I wouldn't deal with them, I'd try to work with the dealer first. I think this goes with everything from cd's to cars. For example if my cd was scratched or skipped when I bought it, I'd just take it back to Circuit City or Best Buy. Same with my car and the warranty on my Lexus, I just go straight to back to my dealer and let them deal with it, I never have to go back to a manufacturer. So in this case my guy Al would make things right and never just send me off to the dealer. Just my advice of what to look for when searching for a tinting or any other retailer or service provider.
Old 08-05-07, 02:01 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Strangely enough thats what Al's sales/installer guy said. Although the warranty covers manufactures problems, Just bring the car back to them and they'll make it right. I hope I never have to use the warranty. Tint on back window would be a pain. You might as well buy new glass cuz the antenna would rip right off with the tint.
Old 08-05-07, 02:08 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

If the shop would cooperate, I wouldn't need to call Huper directly. I have already left a negative review and the thread is in the local chapter here on the board.
Old 08-09-07, 11:37 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

OK my car just went in. I'll take pictures and post it once I get it back. He showed me the heat lamp trick. Kinda neat. He showed normal/metallic/huper/v-cool tints. Pretty much in that order I felt less heat. I can bet it'll still get hot in the car, but it should help. It did cut the heat down by half. The v-cool was even cooler, BUT it has a bluish tint (my car is gold) and only a 5year warrenty. So he recommended I stay away. And price was $360 for the Huper vs $560 for the v-cool.
Old 08-09-07, 11:49 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Congrats on the new tint job. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I take it you didn't opt for the windshield 80%.
Old 08-09-07, 11:56 AM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

he offered to put normal 80% on the front. It would be 4in. $35 more. He said he wouldn't recomend it. Again, becuase my color is gold. It would stand out on the car.Hmm thinking about it, I should've told him to put a metallic tint there. oh well...
Old 08-09-07, 02:01 PM
Loxus
Rookie

Had my previos W220 S500 done with Hyperoptik.
Nice film, but honestly - nothing to be exciting about, well maybe besides the pricing on it (around $500 installed on 5 windows).

Now I've done one car in regular film (forgot the brand name) and my GS in Solarguard film (both films are scratch resistant, similar UV/Heat blocking specs and with lifetime warranty), both cars together cost me $100 less than one S500 in Hyperoptik.

To be honest - I don't see a single reason to pay extra $300 for the brand name of Hyperoptik....
Old 08-09-07, 02:03 PM
Loxus
Rookie

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pingu
If the shop would cooperate, I wouldn't need to call Huper directly. I have already left a negative review and the thread is in the local chapter here on the board.
Tried that.
Huper Optik does not discuss issues with customers - inly through dealer's network.
Old 08-09-07, 06:42 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Me and cars just don't get along I guess. Something always seem to happen.. Anyways, at this point, I'm too worn out to make a big deal about it. Let me explaine.

First off, the tint was done. Lots of water bubbles, but he told me not to worry. Thicker tint is gonna take a few weeks for it to go away. Ok fine. I know that to be true. Never saw as much as I did in my rear window before, but I never had thick tint on my car either. I'll attach pictures to show how it came out. Its 35%. Legal for Hawaii. I doubt you'll see the bubbles, but thats ok, the pics are for showing the tint.

What I found out is I forgot I had my sons Lego gifts in the trunk of the car. I got home and remembered to take them out. Needless to say I'm depressed. One box has so much water damage on it, the carboard pulled away from the glue on the lego box. Since its my son, I can live with that. I just wish they told me about it. I know someone knows. The box was in a Toy's r us bag. and it was dry. All the loose magazines I had tossed in my truck is warped too.. But the carpet in the trunk is dry. I didn't try to lift it. I figure I have enough on my mind now.

Two, I know they did this as I just set the radio, all the bass and trebble was cranked to the max on the dial. Everything works, but if they blew something I'm gonna be ticked.
Attached Thumbnails Huper Optik tint-heard of them?-rearwindow.jpg  
Old 08-09-07, 06:44 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

final picture to upload
Attached Thumbnails Huper Optik tint-heard of them?-side.jpg  
Old 08-09-07, 07:05 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, can someone tell me how I can post multiple pictures in one post? Instead of one per post?
Old 08-10-07, 11:29 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by starstreak
Hey, can someone tell me how I can post multiple pictures in one post? Instead of one per post?

upload them to http://imageshack.us

and it will give you the links to post here.

it allows you to upload full size, so no photo shrinking like the attachments here.
Old 08-10-07, 12:47 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

thanks!
Oh for those with Huper tint, did yours have alot of water bubbles? I know tint gets them and it take a while for it to go away, but there was alot of the rear window. enough that from the driver seat you can see them. They said its normal and not to worry. just checking with others.

Quick Reply: Huper Optik tint-heard of them?