GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-07, 05:31 PM
DaCajun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I am having problems with my Bluetooth. I have a 2006 GS 430 and I have a Treo Sprint phone. When I get in my car the car shows that the connection is succesful. When I make my first 2 phone calls the Bluetooth works perfectly. Than if I try and make another the Bluetooth does not work anymore. If I turn the car off and then turn it back on the Bluetooth will work again for 2 to 3 more calls and then it stops working. Anyone know how to fix or has anyone had similar problems?
Old 08-02-07, 05:42 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i sorda have a similar problem, however it's with the voice activation feature. I first command "Dial by Name," then i say the name, but when i press the talk feature to activate the call, it won't work. It was working before, but not anymore... perhaps these problems are both related somehow?
Old 08-04-07, 09:45 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

I got rid of my TREO for that exact reason, it's crap.

actually, the reason they aren't 100% compatible is because the Treo is Windows based and that's where the problem lies.

I tried the Treo p, wx, all of them and no luck...Went to almost every blackberry and finally ended up with the curve and it's perfect and so were all of them.

But Treo's are terrible with the car.

Throw it away.
Old 08-07-07, 07:30 AM
rozGS430
Rookie

Default Works as of 6/4/07

Actually, prior to June 4, 2007, the Palm Treo (any model/any wireless carrier) was not even compatible with the Toyota/Lexus Bluetooth systems (Manufactured under the Denso name). Palm's site said they weren't compatible and Lexus' site said they weren't compatible. So there should be no surprises there.

I have a Palm Treo 700p and Sprint is my wireless carrier. My car is an '07 GS430. I received a text message on July 31 from Sprint indicating that there was a firmware upgrade just released for the Treo. The text message contained a link (see below) and the upgrade specifically addresses issues with Bluetooth compatibility with Toyota/Lexus (Denso) and BMW and the Palm Treo.

They are now directly compatible and work well together. I find that the Palm Treo is a decent phone...at least in my opinion. I think it was just a compatibility issue between Palm and Denso.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ate/index.html
Old 08-07-07, 09:57 AM
RufRidn
Pole Position

I don't see a update for the 755p, I can't even get the phone to connect.
Old 08-07-07, 11:35 AM
rozGS430
Rookie

Actually since you have a newer phone than I, there is no update available as of this afternoon, but according to Palm, the 755p should already be compatible with Lexus. If you can't get it to work, may be time for a trip to the dealer. What year and model do you have?

See below:

Treo 755p (Sprint) compatibility with other Bluetooth devices
Solution ID : 44829
The Treo 755p smartphone is a Bluetooth Qualified product. This means it has passed the Bluetooth Special Interest Group's test plan, performed by an independent Bluetooth Qualification Board.

Because our device passed these tests, it will most likely work with other Bluetooth Qualified products. However, we cannot guarantee compatibility with every Bluetooth product on the market. Please come back to this page for updates.

Phone Car Kits
At the time of writing, automakers used the following car kits, which have been tested for compatibility. However, car kit models may change from year to year in a vehicle. Check with the automaker to learn which car kit is used in your particular vehicle.

Acura (JCI Handsfree Link)
Audi (Audi carkit)
BMW¹² (iDrive and IBUS)
Chrysler (JCI or Peiker UConnect)
Dodge (JCI or Peiker UConnect)
Ford (Pieker Mobile-Ease)
Honda (JCI Handsfree Link)
Jeep (JCI or Peiker UConnect)
Land Rover (Nokia)
Lexus (Denso)
Mitsubishi 2007 Models (JCI Handsfree System)
Toyota³ (Denso)

Car kits make use of the Handsfree Bluetooth profile. This profile has core and extended functionalities. Car kits may offer extended functions not available on all phones. Car kits are a relatively new area of technology and are evolving quickly.

1 - Screen on smartphone does not wake up if call is made from car kit when Treo is in sleep mode.
2 - Incoming caller ID showing as "********" for known and unknown calls.
3 - After making a Bluetooth connection, you may hear a squeaking sound for about 5-7 seconds after you dial a call, before the first ring tone. This only happens on the first call; subsequent calls will not exhibit this issue. It will appear again if you disconnect from the Bluetooth car kit and re-connect.
Old 08-07-07, 05:29 PM
DaCajun
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for the help. I currently

have a Treo™ 700wx by Palm. Does anyone know how compatible this phone is suppose to be?