GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My car is going back to the dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 08:52 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is going back to the dealership!

The dealership put PS2s on my car and I picked it up last week. Since they washed it for me I haven't had to wash it. I took it to the car wash today and what do I see? All 4 of my rims are scratched!!!! The edges of the wheels where they touch the tire sidewall have various scratches and gouges. The face of each wheel has a circular gouge running halfway around the wheel about 1/4" from the edge. I'm sure they will take care of it but talk about a PITA. How is this even possible? It takes a special kind of idiot to do something like this esp at a Lexus dealership.
Old 08-25-07, 10:10 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I bet the runflats you had were hard to get off the rim and hence the damage!! still no excuse. any pics robert ??

Last edited by EyeKutr; 08-25-07 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-25-07, 11:52 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Didn't have runflats.... Here are some quickies.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 08-26-07 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-25-07, 11:55 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Aren't they real purdee? The service manager has been really good to me so like I said, I am not pissed off or worried about them doing the right thing, it's just a PITA to have to take it back in. I was thinking about having a little fun with it and going in there all pissed off and then telling him I was not really upset but we'll see how punchy I feel on Mon morning. Look at the bright side, at least they didn't scratch the lug nut holes with a wrench.
Old 08-26-07, 04:50 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Make him upgrade you to a set of 18" G-Spiders ;-) LOL..... j/k..... not fun having to deal with hassles like this... but, as you said, they will make it right for you.... my dealer is re-installing my HID fogs at n/c since they forgot to put a drip loop in the wiring harness leading into the relays when they first put them in.... I have been pleased with Lexus service I must say... if they f* it up, they will fix it and make it right....
Old 08-26-07, 08:23 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oi that sucks... good luck!
Old 08-26-07, 09:58 AM
AlterZgo
Driver

Robert,

Those scratches seem pretty noticeable. Did you notice them before you had the car washed? If not, and the carwash you went to is an automated carwash, the machine they use may have damaged the rims.
Old 08-26-07, 11:04 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

when i read the title, i thought you were selling your car back to the dealership via Buyback.
Old 08-26-07, 11:19 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow - you must have been in a rush to pick up the car. hope it gets sorted out w/o issue.
Old 08-26-07, 02:27 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Ouch, all 4? Man am I glad I'm not you. I think my dealer doesnt even want to see me anymore.

And why is it human nature not to cause a confrontation? I mean, I bought my car, I should deserve everything done right, yet because of how I was treated and how many times I've gone back to them, I don't want to disscuss other things like tire noise (when mine starts to get louder, and maybe it reading here, but I can hear road noise pretty loud. As loud as my sienna. I think I need to test drive a new GS350 to see if its quiter)
Old 08-26-07, 07:19 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing that the scrathes are so close to the outer edge, I would say they were damaged when the old tires were being removed. Those pneumatic tire removers are nitorious for scratching rims if the bar is not placed right. This doesn't look like automatick car wash damage as those rail damage usually end up scratching further from the edge (about 1-2" away). Definitely go back to the dealer and get this resolved.
Old 08-27-07, 12:33 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Oh I'm certain it's not car wash damage. My GS usually gets washed once a week and I use the same car wash everytime. Have never had problems. My usual routine is to get to the car wash, spray down the wheels with wheel cleaner (which I don't have to do anymore because of the low dusting pads but I do anyways as a creature of habit), and then I have it run through. This time, I went to the car wash and just when I was going to spray the wheels, I saw the damage. The pics will show dirty wheels with 600 miles of driving on them (dirty because of overspray from the tire dressing they applied attracting brake dust). When I saw the scratches, I didn't run the car through, I just took the car home. Like I said, I'm not worried about the dealership taking care of the wheels, I am more pissed that I have to waste my time taking it in tomorrow.
Old 08-27-07, 02:28 PM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Newbie question, but doe sthat mean the dealer will replace them with a new set of rims or is there a way to fix scratches on rims?

I have two small scratches on my rims, probably half an inch or so. Are there shops or technicians that can "fix" rim scratches? Are they pretty expensive?
Old 08-27-07, 02:30 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I am more pissed that I have to waste my time taking it in tomorrow.
Yep, because time is money. More patient seen is more money earned!
Old 08-27-07, 03:17 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm whats funny is when I mentioned about all the issues requiring me to go back to the dealership over 4 times to get the same things fixed, I was yelled at for asking that they should at leave give me a free oil change or to fix another issue w/tires. But that would get too long to explain here and it'll be OT.

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Yep, because time is money. More patient seen is more money earned!

Quick Reply: My car is going back to the dealership!