GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS for chicks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-07, 06:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by POBLACK
Also, does Toyota have a car that shares the same platform as the GS ?
GS shares platform with the Japanese/Asian markets Toyota Crown models.
Old 09-07-07, 06:53 PM
Ghostbusta
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mom drives a 06GS430[black]...but I know this "one" guy who drives a 07GS430[white]. When I see a GS with a woman driving it, its always RED. I think RED is the girl colour for Lexus. I see more women driving the ES350, but who cares the car was made for both males and females with money
Old 09-07-07, 07:17 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by link13
I nominate this as worst new thread of the day.
I second that.
Old 09-07-07, 07:24 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tonis-lex
I've seen equal. But please don't put the 20's on the Lexus, it makes them look ghetto.
Ignorant comments like these will get you flamed.
Old 09-07-07, 11:57 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Also, does Toyota have a car that shares the same platform as the GS? I know the Camry is the same as the Lexus ES.
The Toyota that is the closest to the GS is the Avalon Limited. NOT the XL,XLS, or Touring.........the Limited. Pretty close in interior size and has alot of the same features. NAV, Push-Button start,ventilated seats etc......but its a front wheel drive. Obviously many, many more differences but i think the Limited is the closest to the GS line.

And as for the Women GS drivers/owners..........who gives a ****???? its NOT a womans' car, its a luxury car. i would have to imagine women like comfortable luxury cars just as much as men.
Old 09-08-07, 05:24 AM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by link13
I nominate this as worst new thread of the day.
If not the worst, certainly the dumbest. Yeah, we chicks can actually afford to buy the GS. We also get to leave the kitchen once in a while too. Sorry. A lot has happened since the 1950's.
Old 09-08-07, 10:01 AM
POBLACK
Driver School Candidate

If not the worst, certainly the dumbest. Yeah, we chicks can actually afford to buy the GS. We also get to leave the kitchen once in a while too. Sorry. A lot has happened since the 1950's.
Wow, somebody most have just got done watching "Waiting to Exhale".

I'm not saying women can't afford or drive a GS. I'm not saying women need to be in the kitchen or whatever. I'm asking people if they notice more women driving the GS then men. I do.

I see a lot of women in Lexus RX, Jetta's, Bug's, X5's, and Mercedes CLK's which makes me conclude that women prefer these cars. I had a co-worker to got rid of his ES because he felt it wasn't masculine due to all the women he saw driving them. I think I convinced him of that when I told him my mom and cousin (female) had one.
Old 09-08-07, 10:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I guess it's a regional thing. I see more women driving the IS250/350 than the 3GS around my way.
Old 09-08-07, 11:09 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Wow, somebody most have just got done watching "Waiting to Exhale".

I'm not saying women can't afford or drive a GS. I'm not saying women need to be in the kitchen or whatever. I'm asking people if they notice more women driving the GS then men. I do.

I see a lot of women in Lexus RX, Jetta's, Bug's, X5's, and Mercedes CLK's which makes me conclude that women prefer these cars. I had a co-worker to got rid of his ES because he felt it wasn't masculine due to all the women he saw driving them. I think I convinced him of that when I told him my mom and cousin (female) had one.
Hard to imagine that someone would get rid of a car just for that reason. Was something else wrong with it?
Old 09-08-07, 11:48 AM
POBLACK
Driver School Candidate

Nothing was wrong with the car. I actually liked it. He ended up trading it in for a Mercedes E class.
Old 09-08-07, 12:08 PM
chocaholic
Pole Position

I think I'm giving up on this bulletin board. It's gone beyond lame and immature to, well, ridiculous.

BTW...I'm in GA too, and not a chick. So there's at least two. Sheesh.
Old 09-08-07, 01:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
The Toyota that is the closest to the GS is the Avalon Limited. NOT the XL,XLS, or Touring.........the Limited. Pretty close in interior size and has alot of the same features. NAV, Push-Button start,ventilated seats etc......but its a front wheel drive. Obviously many, many more differences but i think the Limited is the closest to the GS line.

And as for the Women GS drivers/owners..........who gives a ****???? its NOT a womans' car, its a luxury car. i would have to imagine women like comfortable luxury cars just as much as men.
Actually not true. The Camry is bigger than the GS and the Avalon is much biger than the GS and Camry. The GS and Avalon share almost nothing. The Avalon is based off the Camry platform.

As for women in the GS, I notice the opposite in Atlanta. I see more men than women in the 3GS.
Old 09-08-07, 01:41 PM
LexFather

Everyone please stop the commentary about the topic of the thread. Thanks.
Old 09-09-07, 01:42 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Actually not true. The Camry is bigger than the GS and the Avalon is much biger than the GS and Camry. The GS and Avalon share almost nothing. The Avalon is based off the Camry platform.

As for women in the GS, I notice the opposite in Atlanta. I see more men than women in the 3GS.
Well soooooooooorry!!! Shows how much i know!

I wouldnt say they share NOTHING. thats kinda harsh. i pointed out a few things.
Old 09-09-07, 06:44 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
Well soooooooooorry!!! Shows how much i know!

I wouldnt say they share NOTHING. thats kinda harsh. i pointed out a few things.
A lot of cars share a lot of the same features. We are focusing on exact PARTS here... Platform, engine, transmission, etc.

Quick Reply: GS for chicks?