GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 09:47 PM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?

Lots of information and smart people here so I was hoping someone could help me out. Ok long story short. May of 05 drove from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga to buy a 06 GS($10,000 cheaper). October of 05 car damaged by hurricane Wilma. Car sat in driveway from October until Feb. when insurance adjuster finally got to see the car. So i call Lexus dealerships from Miami to Daytona and no one can take the car before April. Cars already been sitting for four months so I call Savannah pay out of my own pocket and have it shipped myself. Car is repaired and painted. They had to repaint 90% of the car so its painted from the front bumper all the way to the trunk where the stopped. So now the rear bumper is a different color then rest of the car. Go to pick the car up and they cant back it out of the bodyshop cause the tranny is jerking and they cant fig. out why. They end up keeping the car 4 more days to repair it. Now fast forward 2yrs. Car keeps filling up with water and the windows are so steamed up during the day I have to let the car run at least 10 min to clear the windows. Theres so much steam in the car that water runs down the windows and puddle in the inside door handles. I myself actually measured 1 1/2 inchs of water in the floor boards. So Im thinking they didnt repair something or the sunroof is leaking. So I take the car back to Lexus and show them the water. The first thing I was told is that if leaves are blocking the a/c vent just below the windsheild that its considered poor upkeep and Lexus does not cover that. Then I reminded him that I live in Miami and where the hell would I get leaves caught in my a/c vent. So I leave the car and Im thinking theyll be calling to tell me the sunroof or something. WRONG!!! Come to find out that the car has a factory crack behind the firewall thats been letting the a/c drain directly into the car for the last two years! So what do they do? Pull the dash cheack and grease the wiring and replace the carpet and under padding. Now my compass doesnt work half the time and things are starting to rust. The dash isnt back on straight and they broke the middle a/c vent. Anyone have any idea on what I should do. The car is a lease and I have 2 yrs left. Any thoughts are appreciated. Im attaching pics also.
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-after-hurricane.jpg  
Old 09-17-07, 09:49 PM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default More pics

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-after-hurricane4.jpg  
Old 09-17-07, 09:54 PM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default 1 more

Forgot to mention what was replaced. All glass,both headlights,hood,trunk,two doors,roof,passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-after-hurricane5.jpg  
Old 09-17-07, 09:56 PM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

another one
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-after-hurricane7.jpg  
Old 09-17-07, 09:58 PM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default water

mirror damage
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-after-hurricane9.jpg  
Old 09-17-07, 10:35 PM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default Water pics

Cant get water pics upload. Ill get my computer literate girlfriend to do it later today.
Old 09-17-07, 11:51 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if all that stuff want broken when you dropped it off, i would drop it off again and make sure it was in the same condition that you lefted it minus the issue with the water.
Old 09-17-07, 11:57 PM
LexFather

Insurance company maybe should have totaled it due to the hurricane. After 2 years and b/c of damage in that time, Lexus won't just admit it is their fault.

I would complain to the insurance company that the car never was repaired like new.
Old 09-18-07, 12:49 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

AGREE, insurance company should of totaled the vehicle in the first place. They should of known better... water and moisture are the enemy!!!
Old 09-18-07, 01:50 AM
Shon.nv
Rookie

Ouch, made me sad looking at the GS like that. I hope you get a car soon bro, goodluck with the insurance a-holes.
Old 09-18-07, 03:39 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shon.nv
Ouch, made me sad looking at the GS like that. I hope you get a car soon bro, goodluck with the insurance a-holes.
A member of my family has worked for a national insurance company for over 20 years and, if you were fortunate enough to meet her, I'm sure you would agree that she does not fit that description. So, please consider toning-down the rhetoric. That said, I agree with the others who have advised "Shawn38" to revisit this event with his insurance company. There would appear to be a strong case that the car be considered a total loss on account of water damage either as a result of the storm or a "hidden" manufacturer defect. Either way, there appears to be information regarding a then-existing condition that the insurer may not have been aware of at the time of the loss.

Good luck!
Old 09-18-07, 11:56 AM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default water pics

back seat water
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-dscf0071-3.jpg  
Old 09-18-07, 11:58 AM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default water

drivers side
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-dscf0069-5.jpg  
Old 09-18-07, 11:59 AM
shawn38
Driver School Candidate

Default water

back seat drivers side
Attached Thumbnails Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?-dscf0070-3.jpg  
Old 09-18-07, 12:01 PM
NexVision
Rookie

Insurance company all the way.

Quick Reply: Why wont Lexus give me a New Car?