GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New OEM ipod integration - Scosche

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-07, 10:43 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yon
Well, after 90 minutes getting the dash all apart, removing the Vaistech unit I have in there (was going to move that to IS300), I find out that I'm SOL.

The instructions they give in the pamphlet are all but useless. For starters, there are two harnesses, one to use with the radio, the other with an XM unit. They don't tell you which is which.

But the punch line is that if you have ML, then this thing won't work at all with the GS. Even though they make no mention of on the web site or on the back of the box. The more I spoke with the tech guy, the less confident I became with this company.

Bottom line: steer clear.
Not sure if that is the same product, but definitely sure about the brand, it will work. I recently had my VAIS installed and was also given the Scosche as an option on my GSh w/ ML. If it didn't work, I don't think the guy would have offered it. I just chose the VAIS because he didn't have the Scosche in stock.

And, also, the video ipod connection has supposedly already been released.
Old 10-16-07, 09:54 AM
yon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tod071
Not sure if that is the same product, but definitely sure about the brand, it will work. I recently had my VAIS installed and was also given the Scosche as an option on my GSh w/ ML. If it didn't work, I don't think the guy would have offered it. I just chose the VAIS because he didn't have the Scosche in stock.

And, also, the video ipod connection has supposedly already been released.
I have the VAIS in my GS300 now, works just fine. Was pulling the VIAS to move to my wife's IS300, because I liked how the Scosche interface worked (no more monkeying around with playlists).

But, sorry folks, THE SCOSCHE DOESN'T WORK. I hooked it up properly, was getting the expected flashes from the green status light on ignition, but the head unit simply doesn't see the Scosche device. I did all this on the phone with a Scosche tech support guy, and it's the Scosche tech support guy who told me that it doesn't support GS's with ML. Straight from the horse's mouth (or other body part).

I'm just pissed because of all the time invested only to have to send the damned thing back. They make no mention of the ML incompatibility on their web site, so the only way to find out that you are SOL is the hard way.
Old 10-16-07, 05:30 PM
brownz
Driver

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Which posts are you referring to?

And yes I am sure.

If you'd like to read the post on VAIS GB in the Vendor forum, they have stated that they are releasing the video iPod adaptor next month and will offer an upgrade for the current SL2i owners.

Im gonna be testing the sl2vi soon, unit should be shipped out to me tommorrow.
Old 11-05-07, 11:39 AM
dopeey
Driver School Candidate

Default Dont Buy This Product

Hey Folks,

I got a good deal on the Scoshce adapter and installed it my 06 without ML and it didn't work....I actaully started getting brake light check warnings. I sent it back to the place I purchased it and can only get a replacement and not a refund....I'm gonna try to sell it on Ebay and get some money back!! SHOULD OF JUST GONE WITH THE VAIS! LESSON LEARNED....Hey the only good thing out this experience was I learned to take the Head Unit out...pretty easy thanks to the instructions on this site!
Old 11-05-07, 02:01 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Just wondering.... why would you guys even bother with Scosche when the Vaistech is available? Is it cheaper? My Vaistech SLS has been flawless, it has full Sirius nav screen integration AND an aux input for my iPod.
Old 11-05-07, 09:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

i was at the dealer today for service and he seemed suprised that my 07 gs 350 did not have an ipod adapter. the 08 es350 had one. im irritated bec the new g35 that i was going to buy had one. its surprising to me that lexus for a 50k price tag doesnt give you an ipod adapter. the service guy said it would be 500 buvks for installation. i am assuming that is without the 200 dollars for the unit itself. the hell with it, ive got money.what i dont have is a ipod connection thgat displays the info on my dash screen. that is going to be a must for me
Old 11-06-07, 06:54 PM
yon
Driver

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Just wondering.... why would you guys even bother with Scosche when the Vaistech is available? Is it cheaper? My Vaistech SLS has been flawless, it has full Sirius nav screen integration AND an aux input for my iPod.
Seriously cheaper (less than half the price) and also emulates a Satellite receiver rather than a CD changer. That means you can access the iPod menus directly rather than having the playlist hack that the Vaistech does.

Those were my two reasons anyway.
Old 11-06-07, 08:15 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
i was at the dealer today for service and he seemed suprised that my 07 gs 350 did not have an ipod adapter. the 08 es350 had one. im irritated bec the new g35 that i was going to buy had one. its surprising to me that lexus for a 50k price tag doesnt give you an ipod adapter. the service guy said it would be 500 buvks for installation. i am assuming that is without the 200 dollars for the unit itself. the hell with it, ive got money.what i dont have is a ipod connection thgat displays the info on my dash screen. that is going to be a must for me
If he seemed surprised that means he didn't know much about the vehicles he's selling.

50k price tag doesn't necessarily get you an iPod adapter. Heck, some much more expensive cars don't have bluetooth either.

500 dollars is way too expensive for installation. Check with any radio shop or there are many well-written instructions on how to DIY.
Old 11-07-07, 04:39 AM
dopeey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yon
Seriously cheaper (less than half the price) and also emulates a Satellite receiver rather than a CD changer. That means you can access the iPod menus directly rather than having the playlist hack that the Vaistech does.

Those were my two reasons anyway.
^^^
Those were my reasons for going with the Scosche as well...Already ordered the Vais so dont anticipate any issues once it gets here and I get it installed.
Old 12-01-07, 07:23 AM
dopeey
Driver School Candidate

Well folks I take back every negative comment I made about the Scosche interface....While I was waiting for the Vaistech interface to get here I decided to contact Scosche just to vent my frustration with their product that claims to work on 2006 GS Models. After talking to the Scosche techs we determined the interface I recieved was bad and got a new one sent out to me immediately (They were nice enough to take back the one I bought from a reseller so I did not have to go through the hassle of going through the reseller). Well long story short, it works like a champ!! I returned the Vaistech for a full refund once it got here and did not have to eat the cost of the Scosche.
Old 12-02-07, 05:00 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dopeey
Well folks I take back every negative comment I made about the Scosche interface....While I was waiting for the Vaistech interface to get here I decided to contact Scosche just to vent my frustration with their product that claims to work on 2006 GS Models. After talking to the Scosche techs we determined the interface I recieved was bad and got a new one sent out to me immediately (They were nice enough to take back the one I bought from a reseller so I did not have to go through the hassle of going through the reseller). Well long story short, it works like a champ!! I returned the Vaistech for a full refund once it got here and did not have to eat the cost of the Scosche.

Is it the integration kit AXIPTA that you got to work? From browsing their website it looks like the most likely candidate but the product pdf on their website doesn't mention GS models at all that I saw. Only lexus reference was for ES. The link in the first message of this thread doesn't work anymore so I went to their site and started clicking around. AXIPTA?

Last edited by ecount00; 12-02-07 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-02-07, 07:29 AM
dopeey
Driver School Candidate

ecount00 - Message Sent....Incase anyone else has the same question:

That website sucks and confuses the **** out of me as well....here is the exact product I bought...keep in mind I dont have the Mark Levinson system so not 100% sure it works with that as some people had some issues, but I suggest emailing Scosche as I did as they are quick to reply and extremely helpful. Let me know if anyone needs help with the install I'll take pics.