GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New OEM ipod integration - Scosche

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-07, 12:18 AM
S. Pimpin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New OEM ipod integration - Scosche

Has anyone installed the quasi new Scosche AXIPTA ipod integration yet? I think it just came out about a month ago for our model and it allows touchscreen integration of your ipod. If you haven't heard anything about this yet, check out the website http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...&ItemID=AXIPTA. My lexus dealer wanted about $800 including installation. I love my ipod but $800 is kind of outrageous. As you can see, the part is $200 and even cheaper elsewhere if you search google. Apparently it is still usable with the factory XM radio installed. I was hoping someone already installed this and could shed some light on what was involved with installing this yourself. Looks like we are finally able to join the 21st century revolution!!!
Old 09-22-07, 10:28 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

"OEM" means "Original Equipment Manufacturer", i.e. "Lexus" in this case. This is clearly not OEM.
Old 09-22-07, 11:01 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally? The VAIS iPod adaptor for 3GS is already in the 2nd generation...
Old 09-22-07, 11:13 AM
S. Pimpin
Driver School Candidate

Default RE: OEM Comments

"(Original Equipment Manufacturer) An organization that sells products that are made by other companies. The term is confusing because the OEM is really not the "original" manufacturer, but the vendor of the equipment to the end user. However, the OEM is often the designer of the equipment, and "original equipment designer" or "original concept designer" would be more fitting terms."

Do you really think that all Lexus parts were made by Lexus??? This is the product that is sold in the lexus parts and accessories department. Frankly, I don't give a s&#t what you call it, just want to know how to install it and if anyone has used it yet.
Old 09-22-07, 08:08 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by S. Pimpin
"(Original Equipment Manufacturer) An organization that sells products that are made by other companies. The term is confusing because the OEM is really not the "original" manufacturer, but the vendor of the equipment to the end user. However, the OEM is often the designer of the equipment, and "original equipment designer" or "original concept designer" would be more fitting terms."

Do you really think that all Lexus parts were made by Lexus??? This is the product that is sold in the lexus parts and accessories department. Frankly, I don't give a s&#t what you call it, just want to know how to install it and if anyone has used it yet.
You should chill and tone down your attitude, son.
Old 09-24-07, 06:04 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

with that attitude good luck figuring it out yourself.
Old 09-24-07, 08:53 PM
S. Pimpin
Driver School Candidate

My sincere apologies to the easily offended. I'm not looking to split hairs about what OEM means and that was not the question my post posed. Pretty...pretty...pretty please, can someone let me know if they have any experience with the possibly non OEM ipod integration unit discussed in this thread? If my response has hurt you too much to answer, I understand.
Old 09-25-07, 07:26 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Don't recall anyone with this unit in particular. I believe most if not all here with an iPod adaptor have the VAIS unit which is releasing the video iPod integration next month.
Old 09-25-07, 12:14 PM
S. Pimpin
Driver School Candidate

Will the new VAIS unit have limitations to x number of playlists still?
Old 09-25-07, 02:58 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by S. Pimpin
Will the new VAIS unit have limitations to x number of playlists still?
That I have no clue. Hope not. I have to constantly delete as I add new ones just so I don't have 100+ playlists, it is kind of annoying.
Old 09-25-07, 07:53 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yang1815
Don't recall anyone with this unit in particular. I believe most if not all here with an iPod adaptor have the VAIS unit which is releasing the video iPod integration next month.
are you sure about that? just from other posts i've seen they are a lot slower in releasing new products than how they make it sound.
Old 09-26-07, 07:46 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bobbyt01nc
are you sure about that? just from other posts i've seen they are a lot slower in releasing new products than how they make it sound.
Which posts are you referring to?

And yes I am sure.

If you'd like to read the post on VAIS GB in the Vendor forum, they have stated that they are releasing the video iPod adaptor next month and will offer an upgrade for the current SL2i owners.
Old 10-12-07, 02:24 PM
yon
Driver

Thumbs down Don't waste your time if you have ML

Well, after 90 minutes getting the dash all apart, removing the Vaistech unit I have in there (was going to move that to IS300), I find out that I'm SOL.

The instructions they give in the pamphlet are all but useless. For starters, there are two harnesses, one to use with the radio, the other with an XM unit. They don't tell you which is which.

But the punch line is that if you have ML, then this thing won't work at all with the GS. Even though they make no mention of on the web site or on the back of the box. The more I spoke with the tech guy, the less confident I became with this company.

Bottom line: steer clear.
Old 10-15-07, 08:37 PM
momisamira
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yon
Well, after 90 minutes getting the dash all apart, removing the Vaistech unit I have in there (was going to move that to IS300), I find out that I'm SOL.

The instructions they give in the pamphlet are all but useless. For starters, there are two harnesses, one to use with the radio, the other with an XM unit. They don't tell you which is which.

But the punch line is that if you have ML, then this thing won't work at all with the GS. Even though they make no mention of on the web site or on the back of the box. The more I spoke with the tech guy, the less confident I became with this company.

Bottom line: steer clear.
which company, vaistech?
Old 10-15-07, 10:39 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by momisamira
which company, vaistech?
yeah, WTF??? i have a ML car and i have Vaistech installed. it works fine.

Quick Reply: New OEM ipod integration - Scosche