GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My recent dealer experience - another squeaky car

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 02:42 PM
dtrose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just traded in my '05 Acura RL for a '07 GS350 and didn't have any rattles with the RL.
Old 10-11-07, 05:00 PM
NavyDoc333
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dtrose
I just traded in my '05 Acura RL for a '07 GS350 and didn't have any rattles with the RL.
Well.. my Acura also burned 1.5 qts of oil every 5k mi's. So I traded to Lexus. How do you like your GS compared to your RL? Plus's....Minus's?
Old 10-12-07, 10:35 PM
LAMPRO
Driver School Candidate

im having serious dash rattle issues. 2 weeks ago I took it in and was told THE TOP TECH IN THE COUNTRY fixed the dash rattle, 'insulated' it says on the report. So, tonite, about 2 weeks later, after all quiet and nice, boom i hit a bump in the city and the noise is back again-- When its cold out, like the mornings and lately here during the day as well, it drops down and the rattle comes out. The more bumps I hit, the worse clackity it gets. it sounds like its coming from the driver visor- or the sensor behind the rearview mirror, or the center vents above the nav, the ws clips are already cut, the insulation is already done-- Should i even bring it in again? ewww.

Dig this- i brought it in a couple days ago because the sensor saying CHECK VSC was on, along with the engine light, etc- At first they said it was the gas tank cover, they twisted it off and on, reset the button/lights and sent me home, but later that day the lights went back on and I brought it back in- they gave me a loaner, fixed it after 2 days and told me im all good. they said the vaporizer box in the gas tank had a small crack in it and needed to be replaced. i get in the car today to pick it up and the passenger seat is marked up dirty as hell, and the floor mat is all scuffed up and dirty (grey leather int looks crazy if its not clean) so i brought it back in and they cleaned it up. Then i go back home and when i go back out to run an errand, the low tire pressure sensor goes on and i bring it back! Im like WTF!! They said maybe i hit a nail- they checkd it out and said all the tires were at 30 and should be at 36, and the sensor goes off, low pressure making the alignment silly etc. This happens right AFTER (within 3 hours) i pick it up from lexus service? --Once they filled the tires up - back to normal. BUT Then Im driving home from all this in one day- like I mentioned above- the dash rattle is back! its 55 degrees tonite in nyc and im buggin out about this big time@!!! what happend to my $50G of quality lexus!>!>!???

3rd time in for serious and upsetting service within the last month, regarding silly issues that I would not see if the quality of the car was proper- i got the car in july!! less then 3k on it right now!! erghhh. If i bring it in on monday, i know they are gonna get the TECH to take it apart again.. he already snippd the windsheild clips, he already insulated it, im like- what else can he do besides let the others mess something else up like these stories im hearing on CL. (fix one thing, break another, dont realize it, owner notices, back to the shop- its all warranty but my nerves arent!!!)

man, im super pistoff, im mega-upset about it, and im about to make a huge stink like a skunk in a small mall!!!

any advice or experience would help in a major way..
Old 10-18-07, 09:20 AM
MyPearlGs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LAMPRO
im having serious dash rattle issues. 2 weeks ago I took it in and was told THE TOP TECH IN THE COUNTRY fixed the dash rattle, 'insulated' it says on the report. So, tonite, about 2 weeks later, after all quiet and nice, boom i hit a bump in the city and the noise is back again-- When its cold out, like the mornings and lately here during the day as well, it drops down and the rattle comes out. The more bumps I hit, the worse clackity it gets. it sounds like its coming from the driver visor- or the sensor behind the rearview mirror, or the center vents above the nav, the ws clips are already cut, the insulation is already done-- Should i even bring it in again? ewww.

Dig this- i brought it in a couple days ago because the sensor saying CHECK VSC was on, along with the engine light, etc- At first they said it was the gas tank cover, they twisted it off and on, reset the button/lights and sent me home, but later that day the lights went back on and I brought it back in- they gave me a loaner, fixed it after 2 days and told me im all good. they said the vaporizer box in the gas tank had a small crack in it and needed to be replaced. i get in the car today to pick it up and the passenger seat is marked up dirty as hell, and the floor mat is all scuffed up and dirty (grey leather int looks crazy if its not clean) so i brought it back in and they cleaned it up. Then i go back home and when i go back out to run an errand, the low tire pressure sensor goes on and i bring it back! Im like WTF!! They said maybe i hit a nail- they checkd it out and said all the tires were at 30 and should be at 36, and the sensor goes off, low pressure making the alignment silly etc. This happens right AFTER (within 3 hours) i pick it up from lexus service? --Once they filled the tires up - back to normal. BUT Then Im driving home from all this in one day- like I mentioned above- the dash rattle is back! its 55 degrees tonite in nyc and im buggin out about this big time@!!! what happend to my $50G of quality lexus!>!>!???

3rd time in for serious and upsetting service within the last month, regarding silly issues that I would not see if the quality of the car was proper- i got the car in july!! less then 3k on it right now!! erghhh. If i bring it in on monday, i know they are gonna get the TECH to take it apart again.. he already snippd the windsheild clips, he already insulated it, im like- what else can he do besides let the others mess something else up like these stories im hearing on CL. (fix one thing, break another, dont realize it, owner notices, back to the shop- its all warranty but my nerves arent!!!)

man, im super pistoff, im mega-upset about it, and im about to make a huge stink like a skunk in a small mall!!!

any advice or experience would help in a major way..
Sorry to hear that.I also have dash rattle it just came couple weeks ago.But on mine is almost 27 000 miles.I did appoitment on next week.Because driver side mirror dosen't go up and down and this dash noise.
If you that much upset.Get a Lawyer,because you can get some $ cash if you was more than 3 times at Lexus service.It call LEMON LAW
Call Lawyer,they happy to do that,because you not gonna spend a penny.All charges pay Lexus at this point.
Good Luck
Old 12-02-07, 09:52 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Geez,

I feel so sorry for you. Thats a beautiful white GS you have and I hope everything will smooth out for you. I had a speaker rattle on the right corner windshield and I have hearing aids and I heard something coming from there that was not ever there before and I thought that it was my hearing aids but hey it was the speaker cover. I slammed my sweat band into the space between the windshield and the speaker cover, and the sound was gone! That was last fall, and 20,000 miles later, no problem on my 2006 GS300.

haha awesome, that's exactly what my problem was, and it was fixed the same way (but using carpet piece instead of a sweat band lol)
Old 12-03-07, 03:14 PM
mel's-gs
Pole Position

Whoa, you're going to make a big stink about it? If I had to make that many returns to service, the stink would have already been made! It is a shame that we spend this much on a beautiful car and have to have these types of problems. No car is perfect, but something like this shouldn't be happening.