GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Just got back from my FireBall Run Rally some pre-rally Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-07, 07:47 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from my FireBall Run Rally some pre-rally Pics

I had to post some of the pics of my car before the Rally. The car is being transported back from LA. The run was from Orlando to Beverly Hills for the Child Rescue Network. I will have more pics when the car comes back and will list the sponsors that supported our entry. But I just have to post some shots now. (Well I wanted to post more pics but only one was allowed.) There were allot of changes from this pic to the final car set up and I will ask the moderator to see if I can post more shots with some of the cool parts supplied by my sponsors, most of them Forum venders.

Should have more next week and video to follow from the 2 track events, (the HKS exhaust sounded sweet at full throttle on the front straight away at MSR Houston and Las Vegas Motor Speedway).:
woot:
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from my FireBall Run Rally some pre-rally Pics-smaller-back-to-front.jpg  
Old 10-11-07, 08:02 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

That's awesome! Sounds like a great experience!

I anxiously await the vids
Old 10-12-07, 07:50 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is only one allowed? You could upload the picture somewhere else and link it.

Can't wait to see!
Old 10-12-07, 09:52 AM
RufRidn
Pole Position

Sounds like it was real fun. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Why don't you use photobucket to host the images and link them. You can link as many as you want per post.
Old 10-13-07, 08:04 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Default My try to get pictures out there on the web

This link should have 6 pictures of the car after the event.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/oliveiraej/
Old 10-13-07, 08:39 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Default It Worked I have added a bunch more pictures

Some of the sponsors:
Carson Tuned Steve Thanks for all the help the car was photographed everywhere, (the only Lexus in the whole event). People where asking is this the 2008 GS????
Dunlop for the awesome tires that made my track times better than cars with 100hp more than my GS300 AWD.
Xenon Depot
HKS thru Carson
Body Kit thru Carson
The companies that made it all possible are:
Ram Tech They are by far the best Defense contractor in PA
Stellar Inc.
Ameripack
Ray Catena
HighSocietyVIP.com Mark was my link to all the parts sponsors, he made all the cool body kit parts, tires, lighting, show up at my door step
KnightsCollisionCenter.com Auto body put all the kits on and matched the paint!!!!!

I will also load up the video of the Lexus at MSR Houston and the Las Vegas Motor speedway. It sounded like the 8 cyl going down the front straight away.

While you're looking at the pics please take a look at the girl that we represented. She is missing and we need your help finding her if you see a little girl that may be her please just call the 800 number and let the people at Child Rescue Network know. Even if it comes out negative it was worth the time, (it could have been her).

Thanks guys and gals,

Love my GS
Ernie

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/oliveiraej/
Old 10-14-07, 08:01 AM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Default The finished car back from the fireball run

2006 Gs300 Awd
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from my FireBall Run Rally some pre-rally Pics-slot-cars-030.jpg  
Old 10-14-07, 08:06 AM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Default More views

Here she is
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from my FireBall Run Rally some pre-rally Pics-slot-cars-024.jpg  
Old 10-14-07, 09:22 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all those stickers must've added 50hp.
Old 10-14-07, 02:51 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Default The Stickers did add the 100HP State Trooper effect

It was funny to gauge the reaction of the State troopers as we went from state to state. There was a dramatic difference from state to state. The Child’s picture on the front doors did help out when I explained the event and most, not all of the troopers were actually impressed that we had 63 teams doing this. One of the extra points things we could do was to get pictures with your Car and a State Trooper with his car next to you, we tried to avoid getting any trooper picture extra points!!!!! (We go 2 pictures with troopers that were at rest stops.)

Over all the stickers did do what we wanted them to do, draw attention to the cars at all the evening events and while we were all at host hotels and at the scavenger hunt locations.

The watch out for stickers and troopers states were Southern Virginia right at the border and western Texas as we moved into Albuquerque. Other wise no real issues on the 5700 miles from Orlando to Beverly Hills. (We had allot of scavenger hunt missions very day as we went across the country.)

Things that we need to do for next year, MORE POWER, (super charger or Turbo for the Track events), and a stiffer suspension to get rid of the roll and add more grip to the AWD system. I will switch out of the springs for the coil-overs for sure. And we are already trying to find a shop in NJ PA NY that would be interested in sponsoring their expertise and knowledge so we can get the car more competitive. We did drive the doors off the car and finished 4th in Luxury class which included BMW 3/5 series car along with a kick Butt Audi TT with at least 400HP's to the AWD system.

We were severely under powered for the track events but we did finish well at both MSR Houston and the infield track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I hear there will be at least one additional track event next year maybe 2. So if anyone knows a great shop to get our car performance up to competitive levels send along the info, we would love to add them as sponsors and get serious decals on the car to represent them in a big way. Who know maybe Lexus will even sponsor a new GS with a serious power and handling package next year, BMW and Toyota had manufacturer cars in the event 3and 5 series B’mers and a TRD decked out Tundra with their off road drivers in the seats. (The TRD guys were great and we wound up hanging with them from the start.)