GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS350 - various bluetooth questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-07, 09:44 AM
sf7307
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS350 - various bluetooth questions

I'm reposting this here because the "Audio" forum doesn't get as much activity. Thanks for your help.

I have now figured out how to "Dial by number" and Dial by Name (by pressing Talk>Say Dial by Number or Dial by Name>Talk> say number/name>Talk>say dial. Is there any shortcut, or is that basically correct?

I have a couple of additional questions. Since I had to record the Voice Tags that go with the few names I want to be able to dial using the Dial By Name option, will it only recognize my voice or can someone else use my car and use the feature?

It would be just as easy to use speed dial. However, despite all my button-pressing, I can't figure out how to enter numbers in speed dial. There is one number in there - Home - which the salesman entered. The rest of them are greyed out (this is while I'm sitting in the car in my driveway, not moving). Please help me add names and numbers to speed dial.

Also, I'd like to be able to call my work voicemail using 1-touch speed dial. Can someone tell me how to enter it -- the phone number is obvious, but do I use a "p" or a "w" for when it says "please enter your extension and pound sign" - and then again when it says "please enter password and pound sign". Total is 11 numbers followed by 4 numbers (3 numbers and pound sign) followed by 5 numbers (4 numbers and pound sign). When I tried it, it just dialed the phone number and then sat there waiting for me to do something On my cell phone (Moto Razr) it's the phone number, then "p" then 538#538# without anything in between, but using the hands free I can't even get past the phone number.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-30-07, 11:04 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can turn the voice guidance off so it just beeps.

For the speed dial, you can consult the manuals that came with the car. There's an option to set speed dials in phonebook.

You can bring up the number pad in a conversation so you can enter passwords and stuff.

Honestly, the answers to your questions are in the user's manual.
Old 10-30-07, 11:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah definitely read the manual, it has all the instructions. for sure if the number is already in the phone book, you can add it to speed dial from there
Old 10-30-07, 11:30 AM
sf7307
Pole Position

Well, I tried the manual first. I'll look again tonight.
Old 10-30-07, 08:43 PM
sf7307
Pole Position

Default Can someone with Nav 6.1 check this?

I read through the manual while in the car tonight. At least one thing isn't working as described and I need to know if it's a glitch in mine or in all of them.

If you're in the Telephone Number screen, you can "dial by number" by pressing the talk key, saying the number, pressing the talk key again and then saying "dial".

If you're in your phone book, you're supposed to be able to "dial by name". The process is supposed to be the same: press the talk key, say the name, press the talk key again and say "dial". However, when I press the talk key the second time, it doesn't give me a chance to say "dial", it repeats "say name".

If someone could try this and let me know, I'd appreciate it. Its on page 274-275 of the manual.

Also, I couldn't figure out from the manual how to turn off "voice recognition guidance" - any idea?

Also, what are voice tags for?
Old 10-30-07, 09:45 PM
sf7307
Pole Position

I found out how to turn off Voice Recognition Guidance (haven't done it yet, but I have an idea how).

Re voice tags....is it correct that in order to dial by name, you need to have recorded a "voice tag"? Can multiple people record voice tags for the same name?

Still have the same other question about the defect in the instructions.

thanks.
Old 10-31-07, 12:46 AM
florida700
Rookie

Originally Posted by sf7307
I found out how to turn off Voice Recognition Guidance (haven't done it yet, but I have an idea how).

Re voice tags....is it correct that in order to dial by name, you need to have recorded a "voice tag"? Can multiple people record voice tags for the same name?

Still have the same other question about the defect in the instructions.

thanks.
So how do you turn off voice recognition guidance?!
Old 10-31-07, 04:02 AM
NavyDoc333
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Is the Dial By Number or Dial By Name only available on the GS350? I have a 06 GS 300...and for the life of me I I can't get my car to recognize either of those commands...

Last edited by NavyDoc333; 10-31-07 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-31-07, 06:57 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you need to record voice tags in order to dial by name.

To turn off Voice Recognition Guidance is under Setup of your Menu. Page 2 I believe.
Old 11-01-07, 09:02 AM
sf7307
Pole Position

Yang, thanks. I went into Setup yesterday and there were three related items...."Voice Recognition Guidance", "Voice Guidance in all Modes", and "Auto Voice Guidance".

Two things:

1) What is the difference among the three?

2) I turned them all off and it didn't seem to make a difference. I thought after turning them off, that when I press the "talk" button on the steering wheel, I would just hear beeps, but that was not the case, it still said "Say a command" , etc.

Separate but related question

When I get the "Say a command" voice and say "Dial by Name", the voice then says "Say a name", I say the name. However, when I press the talk key again, it doesn't say "Say Dial" it repeats "Say a name", so I can never dial that way (it's an endless loop). Does this happen on your's (mine's 6.1) -- I'm wondering if it is it a glitch in 6.1, or a glitch in mine.

Thanks again.
Old 11-01-07, 06:42 PM
sf7307
Pole Position

Answering some of my own questions:

I still don't know the difference among the three "voice guidance on/off" options, but what I do know is that turning them off turns off ONLY the initial "Say a command", all the rest is the same.

Re Dial by Name and Dial by Number, I got it to work -- when it says "When ready, press the talk switch or the off-hook button to dial", it doesn't mean when you're ready, it means when it's ready. If I wait until "she" is done talking, it works fine.