GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Another Spring Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07, 11:17 AM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Spring Question

Has anyone notice any issues after installing lowering springs with the OEM sport/ normal mode for the shocks. My car has the sport/normal switch and the tech at the dealer (Charlotte NC) said I would have problems.

Thanks in advance.

06 GS 430

Look like I gotta move to CA or FL to get some work done.
Old 11-09-07, 12:17 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my gs 430 lowered for more than year no probs
Old 11-09-07, 05:12 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smalldog
Has anyone notice any issues after installing lowering springs with the OEM sport/ normal mode for the shocks. My car has the sport/normal switch and the tech at the dealer (Charlotte NC) said I would have problems.

Thanks in advance.

06 GS 430

Look like I gotta move to CA or FL to get some work done.
after living in charlotte for 10 years, i still trust hendrick lex for most of my stuff (preston svc mgr is good friend)...i don't think they are fans of aftermarket stuff and kind of got that feeling after talking to them. i then went to a local high performance shop in jax and have had zero problems after i did it a month ago.
davegs4 is in charlotte and one of the mods on the site...he may know a good shop up there

i keep it on power/sport mode 24/7 btw....also, i think one of the problems he may be referring to is negative camber...I had that on my original springs as the inside of my tires are worn in like no other...which is reason for alignment that is needed soon after
do it...u will love it
Old 11-09-07, 05:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

lexus dealerships are not performance oriebted, bec its not a performance oriented car make. the old infiniti I had before i could have had the dealership install a twin turbo or supercharger for me. they did springs, shocks ,sway bars, exhaust, graounding wires, carbon fiber engine cover, and camber kit. all this was done at the dealer without them even batting an eye lash. I took my springs to the dealer and they looked at me like I had a third eye. they kept telling me they would have to ask the mgr at the dealership to do it. they said they will do it but it will cost almost a thousand dollars for labor and alignment. this seems a little high, but we do what we got to do. I may look around at other dealerships for qoutes on this. overall you shouldnt have any probs woth aftermarket springs ang gs adjustable shocks. I would just tell you to keep the setting on the shocks on sport. with decreased stroke on the suspension you will need a stiffer shock to avoid stressing the shock. you will be absolutelly fine. My last ride was FREAKN WORKED, so when i goto the dealership i know that I have more knowledge on tuning cars than the the techs at the dealership. the aftermarket auto parts market is a thirty billion dollar a year bussiness, it was not built on mesing up cars with their parts.
Old 11-09-07, 10:57 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bobbyt01nc...davegs4 referred me to Hendrick lex but the tech said he couldn't install them because of the sport suspension. He said if I didn't have that (sport suspension) it would be no problem.