GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Illuminated Door Sill Plates - Lexus.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 05:53 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ After Oct 29, I'll be right there with you.

In case you guys don't know, Sewell is having a 24hr sale on these on Oct 29, so check out the Vendor Marketplace forum for details . . .
Old 10-09-08, 06:31 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good! I think its a nice touch. I am still not working. Its got me puzzled as to why they wont work. Fuse is good. Power is good. I can only think that maybe something is not good with the sills or the bulb in them if it opens up? I left Darell a message and sent a PM so I will wait at this point as they are hard wired in and nothing more I can do. Its the right wires to tap into and I am good with this kind of stuff. I will post and finish the post with the pics of the wires to tap and more info once I get them done. It is easier to remove the clips and they have this black clip that once you release them from the bottom it swivels up towards you and pushes the clip out. really easy to get out and get to the wires. the diagram is dead on for the color and location.
Old 03-03-09, 12:08 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
I guess the best way is to see if a local dealership has a set of the US ones in stock, so they can check if the four light up. I called the lexus dealers in our area, and they have to be ordered.

The JDM ones I have, all four light up. I also looked at the package and there are some wires that plug in, and some that have the tap connectors at the end. Here are some pics I just added up

In this pic you see 1 front and 1 rear sill

here is the back of the sills

and here are the package of wires and hardware they come with, pretty much the tap wires are power and ground
Anybody know if there's a group buy on the JDM set of sills (all 4 light up)?

Thanks
Old 03-04-09, 04:40 PM
smilepak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how much is it for dealer installation. I would be interested with in.
Old 03-04-09, 06:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by smilepak
I wonder how much is it for dealer installation. I would be interested with in.
probably would charge too much. this is likely a good diy
Old 05-29-09, 04:25 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

so I see the instructions for the front doors, but does anyone have the DIY instructions for the back doors, or have done them personally that can advise if this is a project for the dealership to tackle?

thanks
Old 05-29-09, 04:27 PM
dk0515
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done this myself. Very easy install. The most trouble I had was getting the wires through. But once I figured out how to do it on one side. It was very simple on the second. Back set was the easiest. You just pop them off and put the new ones on.
Old 05-29-09, 05:43 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dk0515
I've done this myself. Very easy install. The most trouble I had was getting the wires through. But once I figured out how to do it on one side. It was very simple on the second. Back set was the easiest. You just pop them off and put the new ones on.
you may be talking about the Lexus-USA sill plates. I'm referring to the Lexus-Japan all 4 door lighted sill plates. Sorry for the confusion.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3268298-post75.html
Old 05-29-09, 07:29 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2008 Related question: I have an '08 GS460 which came from the factory with the front lighted sills, but not the back (go figure, stupid I know). Can the rear sills be added and, if so, is it as easy as the fronts or have they changed the wiring and harnesses? Also, do the sills light up a different color (the ones ordered from Japan versus the OEM ones on the US models?)

Lee
Old 05-29-09, 11:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
2008 Related question: I have an '08 GS460 which came from the factory with the front lighted sills, but not the back (go figure, stupid I know). Can the rear sills be added and, if so, is it as easy as the fronts or have they changed the wiring and harnesses? Also, do the sills light up a different color (the ones ordered from Japan versus the OEM ones on the US models?)

Lee
there is no harness for the rear, you just have to tap into wires. i am not sure about the color though
Old 05-29-09, 11:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeladisky

Lee
usdm lighted sills are only for the front, no rear is available. yes, rear lighted sills can be added, but you must order jdm lexus japan sills from a jdm importer (like carson toyota for example). as rominl said, you can tap the rear sills into the wires. as for color, you need to confirm with the vendor. i know they come in white for sure, but i recall reading or seeing that it comes in blue (not sure, you need to ask to confirm)
Old 05-31-09, 09:23 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

will those japan front and rear door sills work a a 2006 gs300. is there any diff between the 07 and 06 door sills?
Old 06-01-09, 07:11 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

according to l-tunedparts.com....they should be compatible with 2006+ RWD or AWD or H.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2019
Old 06-19-09, 07:11 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

so I finally ordered the Japan version of these and received them Tuesday. I called the dealership for a quote and time-frame to install these and they said to quote 2 hours and setup me up for a Friday install. Dropped the car off this morning and they called at 10 to say, it was going to be much more involved then they originally thought and needed the car all day. I have no problem with that, other than an hourly rate of all day and not 2 hours.

I still don't think my dealership understands the difference between the US and Japan version of these things. I've specifically mentioned Japan everytime I've spoken to them and they just ignore that word. For the people that have the Japan version installed, how long did it take you, or your place of install to do this job? Is wiring the back doors that much of a problem? Glad I didn't try to tackle this myself. I'll report back once I get my car back on how they look and how much they charged for the install.
Old 06-19-09, 09:24 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
I still don't think my dealership understands the difference between the US and Japan version of these things. I've specifically mentioned Japan everytime I've spoken to them and they just ignore that word. For the people that have the Japan version installed, how long did it take you, or your place of install to do this job? Is wiring the back doors that much of a problem? Glad I didn't try to tackle this myself. I'll report back once I get my car back on how they look and how much they charged for the install.
the car audio shop that did mine took a little over 2 hrs to do the install (but they had 2 technicians working on it at the same time). wiring the back door sills is not difficult, the problem is finding the correct wire to tap into the courtesy door switch. if memory serves me correctly, the white rear courtesy switch wire needs to be connected to a pink wire at the front. with so many wires, it took quite a bit of time for the shop to hunt down the correct wire to tap into (basically process of elimination).

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sill Plates - Lexus.com