GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What Else Can It Do!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-07, 10:53 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What Else Can It Do!

This isn't a big deal to you guys but today, for the first time, I used the seat cooler. You see, I thought it was kinda silly to have ac in the seat, not really that thrilled about warming the seat, either. But I decided to try it anyway....it's there...I'm paying for it....might as well try it. To my big surprise, it really does cool your butt. I could have really used this during the summer. Does all luxury cars come with ac in the seat or just Lexus? Seriously, I don't know. It's not a feature I ever thought about.

About a month ago I discovered bluetooth. Now this. What else can this car do? I hate reading owners manuals but I guess I should.
Old 11-29-07, 11:51 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. Vented seats does a difference, but again what you won't miss. After driving around in my car for the 2-3 weeks I have owned it with the vented seats on all the time (usually around 1-2 and 3 when I just get in the car and its hot!) and then getting into my friend's IS250 w/o the vented seats... it makes a big difference. You get less of a sticky feeling.
Old 11-29-07, 11:55 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

The seats are not A/C. They just have fans in them that draw ambient temp air from under the seat through the perforations in the seat. It works ok now because temps are not that bad. When you get into a hot car and use them, all they do is blow hot air at your butt so the only cooling you get is from airflow, not cooled air. Useless IMO. If you want real ventilated seats go try out a 7 series BMW!
Old 11-29-07, 11:57 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
The seats are not A/C. They just have fans in them that draw ambient temp air from under the seat through the perforations in the seat. It works ok now because temps are not that bad. When you get into a hot car and use them, all they do is blow hot air at your butt so the only cooling you get is from airflow, not cooled air. Useless IMO. If you want real ventilated seats go try out a 7 series BMW!
Try it, DON'T BUY IT!!! They are full of electrical problems... half of them are sitting on the dealership lots trying to be fixed.
Old 11-29-07, 12:01 PM
drewwynn13
Driver School Candidate

Going from A GS430 to a 750li is a world of difference with the ventilated seats. Avoid anything 2002-2004, those things were riddled with electrical problems. I have never had a problem with mine (knock on wood).
Old 11-29-07, 06:03 PM
Dallas777
Driver School Candidate

LOL!!! This was too funny!!!

In Texas it gets hot as hell and ANY relief is welcomed! The vented seat option does cool and wouldn't trade this for anything...

Oh yea, I am EMBARRESED to say, I have had several BMW's from the 318 to the 750 series and so far they have all been a piece of junk just waiting to be serviced every month! My Sister bought and 07 3 series (the so called best car of the year) and she traded it in for a Lexus after 6 months! Said she had it with the constant shop visits and poor interior materials...

Lexus for Life!!! (As long as they keep making a superior product)
Old 11-29-07, 06:52 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dallas777

In Texas it gets hot as hell and ANY relief is welcomed! The vented seat option does cool and wouldn't trade this for anything...

Oh yea, I am EMBARRESED to say, I have had several BMW's from the 318 to the 750 series and so far they have all been a piece of junk just waiting to be serviced every month! My Sister bought and 07 3 series (the so called best car of the year) and she traded it in for a Lexus after 6 months! Said she had it with the constant shop visits and poor interior materials...

Wow, I almost bought a 335 coupe. I thought they were okay...except for some overheating when pushed really hard.

Back to the seats.
You guys make it sound like just a simple fan. It felt pretty cold to me.
Old 11-29-07, 07:19 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reggiek
Wow, I almost bought a 335 coupe. I thought they were okay...except for some overheating when pushed really hard.

Back to the seats.
You guys make it sound like just a simple fan. It felt pretty cold to me.
I agree, it feels like a/c. Its interesting... maybe I will tear up my car for this...

We have a/c ducts going to the rear back seats correct? SOOOOO... how hard would it be for Lexus to make ducts that lead into the seats??? Fairly easy right? I believe its a/c air going through the seats, after all the center console has ducts going through it and the vented seat controller is right on top of it.
Old 11-29-07, 07:22 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dallas777

Off topic...

I would have gotten a BMW as well, but everyone complains about electrical problems. Not to mention, they have a ****ty interior... I could have used the work ugly or w/e but ****ty fits it perfect. They need to pay a Japanese designer to do it for them... Mercedes as well.
Old 11-30-07, 11:06 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

We have a warm day today so I tried it again. This thing puts out some cold air, more than just a fan. Takes a while but it gets cold. It's weird but kinda neat.
I feel like I'm in a real luxury car.
Old 11-30-07, 11:12 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reggiek
We have a warm day today so I tried it again. This thing puts out some cold air, more than just a fan. Takes a while but it gets cold. It's weird but kinda neat.
I feel like I'm in a real luxury car.
I was going to say, "**** its hot over here as well, damn what a coincident!" then i realized that you are from Florida as well. i drove my car in the hot sun today and yeah i felt good. then i put down the windows and it was feeling good rolling at around 50mph.
Old 11-30-07, 01:02 PM
Dallas777
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
I agree, it feels like a/c. Its interesting... maybe I will tear up my car for this...

We have a/c ducts going to the rear back seats correct? SOOOOO... how hard would it be for Lexus to make ducts that lead into the seats??? Fairly easy right? I believe its a/c air going through the seats, after all the center console has ducts going through it and the vented seat controller is right on top of it.
This is how it was explained to me.. Just like the ducts that run to your vents from your A/C, there are ducts ran to your seats. Early on Lexus called the seat "Air conditioned" but several complaints from people in the eastern desert countries that the seats were not as cold as the air coming from the vents...So, since its very difficult to control the temperature variance of someones a_ _... butt...(big heat difference from a 98lb Japanese lady butt to a 350lb sweaty man butt) Lexus decided to just call it "ventilated" seats and thus remove the liability of advertising A/C seats!

Someone here will rip their seats up and tell us the REAL deal one day!
Old 11-30-07, 02:59 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

I don't think that is necessary. Just remove some of the covers on the center console and check to see if there are ducts going towards the seats and not just to the back.

I figure if it has dual climate for the two people in the front, why not for the vented seats. It does have controls to adjust for warmth or cold.
Old 11-30-07, 03:16 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

perhaps this will help

Old 11-30-07, 03:24 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

a/c ducts are not run into the seats