GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Thanks God For My 3gs Brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 12:12 AM
MSL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks God For My 3gs Brakes...

GUYS TODAY ON MY WAY HOME I ALMOST GOT INTO A CRAZY *** CAR ACCIDENT BUT MY BRAKES SAFE MY CAR AND I THINK MY LIFE. THIS WAS CRAZY CUZ THE GUY CUT ME OFF BUT I HIT THE BRAKE JUST IN TIME AND THEN HE HIT THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME AND I HAD TO HIT THE BRAKES AGAIN THE GUY HIT THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME AND FLIP IT. AND THE CAR WAS FULL OF KIDS (4) BUT THANKS GOD ONLY ONE OF THEM GOT HURT BROKE HIS LEG. I STOPED AND HELP TAKE THE KIDS OUT OF THE CAR. WAOOO HERE IN FLORIDA IS CRAZY I WAS A COP FOR 6YRS IN NEW YORK AND NEVER SAW NOTHING SO CRAZY I GUESS WHAT MADE IT WORSE WAS THE KIDS BUT DAMN . THAT GUY MOST OF BEEN COMING ATLEAST 130MPH MINIMUM HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE CARS THAT I TOOK WITH MY IPHONE AFTER EVERYTHING SETTLE DOWN...

"GUYS LETS DRIVE MORE SAFE AND WATCH OUT FOR OTHER PEOPLE NOW IN THE HOLIDAYS AND KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN CUZ THEIR IS ALOT OF CRAZY MF OUT THERE"

THIS WAS THE CAR OF THE MF THAT CUT ME OFF.

THIS IS THE CAR WERE THE KIDS WAS...

YES IS A 4DOOR NOT A COUPE... EVENT THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE ONE...
Old 12-03-07, 12:24 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holly crap, that looks like a serious accident, hopefully none of the kids got seriously hurt.
Yeah the GS brakes are very good; brake assist do work wonder at high speed, I was very surprised the first time I had to hit (hard) the brakes, nothing like any other cars I driven before...
Old 12-03-07, 12:26 AM
MSL
Rookie

Yes Sir I Most Of Been Going Atleast 80mph And He Cut Me Off Like If I Was Park...
Old 12-03-07, 12:56 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Wow holy SHAT that is a pretty serious car accident. Good thing no one was badly injured. **** shouldn't have been driving like that...well good thing your car is also intact.
Old 12-03-07, 01:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Glad you were able to escape that with out any major harm. Lexus/Toyota has always engineered great brakes for their vehicles. OEM Toyota brake pads are superior.
Old 12-03-07, 05:34 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yikes...

2 door accord coupe with acura tl wheels and a donut?!
Old 12-03-07, 05:55 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Holy chet man!!

Why didn't you call me dude...wow...
Old 12-03-07, 07:52 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yang1815
yikes...

2 door accord coupe with acura tl wheels and a donut?!
no...That's a '01 or so Acura CL. Look at the window and rims and I don't think that's a donut but the impact was so severe that the wheel broke off.....

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt....Hopeful, they will charge the asshat in the CL....
Old 12-03-07, 07:59 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, I'm glad you are OK, and kids in that flipped car are not seriously hurt. Yes, brake assist is amazing, I experienced it once...

Speaking of brakes, and this has nothing to do with dustless-TSIB that a lot of us have. Whenever I get IS250AWD loaner, I absolutely love its brakes. So responsive, just a little tap and you are stopped! Often while going through stop'n'go traffic, I wish our GS350 brakes would be the same. It totally pisses me off when I'm trying to keep a distance with a car in front of me (stop'n'go traffic, that is) and someone else takes this as an opportunity to cut in. That's when you need a very quick brake response which I feel like in 3GS is only when you apply a good pressure on your brake pedal.

Anyway to make our 3GS brakes to perform like IS brakes?
Old 12-03-07, 11:03 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MSL
GUYS TODAY ON MY WAY HOME I ALMOST GOT INTO A CRAZY *** CAR ACCIDENT BUT MY BRAKES SAFE MY CAR AND I THINK MY LIFE. THIS WAS CRAZY CUZ THE GUY CUT ME OFF BUT I HIT THE BRAKE JUST IN TIME AND THEN HE HIT THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME AND I HAD TO HIT THE BRAKES AGAIN THE GUY HIT THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME AND FLIP IT. AND THE CAR WAS FULL OF KIDS (4) BUT THANKS GOD ONLY ONE OF THEM GOT HURT BROKE HIS LEG. I STOPED AND HELP TAKE THE KIDS OUT OF THE CAR. WAOOO HERE IN FLORIDA IS CRAZY I WAS A COP FOR 6YRS IN NEW YORK AND NEVER SAW NOTHING SO CRAZY I GUESS WHAT MADE IT WORSE WAS THE KIDS BUT DAMN . THAT GUY MOST OF BEEN COMING ATLEAST 130MPH MINIMUM HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE CARS THAT I TOOK WITH MY IPHONE AFTER EVERYTHING SETTLE DOWN...

"GUYS LETS DRIVE MORE SAFE AND WATCH OUT FOR OTHER PEOPLE NOW IN THE HOLIDAYS AND KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN CUZ THEIR IS ALOT OF CRAZY MF OUT THERE"

THIS WAS THE CAR OF THE MF THAT CUT ME OFF.

Dude, accident aside, everyone here at work loves your English and the lack of comas

lmao!!!

I'll see you Wed.

(Mods, he's a personal friend of mine that I've known for 10+ years and I'm not making fun of the accident)...
Old 12-03-07, 11:11 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RFFG
Dude, accident aside, everyone here at work loves your English and the lack of comas
As much as I hate all caps and lack of coma, you have to give some slack to the guy, he just avoid a major cash, post about it a 3:12am, one can understand that his fingers were still shaking and heart still racing...
Old 12-04-07, 08:04 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by timeToy
As much as I hate all caps and lack of coma, you have to give some slack to the guy, he just avoid a major cash, post about it a 3:12am, one can understand that his fingers were still shaking and heart still racing...
I know I know...just messing with the guy...
Old 12-05-07, 12:36 AM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

lol the MF deserves it but i feel bad for the young ones.......must hella traumatizing.
Old 12-05-07, 12:40 AM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Oh man, glad you're ok!! Tonight on my way home from work, some dumb mother ****er was tailgaiting me, as I was on the slow lane doing 60-65mph, in traffic...Well the car in front of me brakes hard because traffic is coming to a crawl and the dumb mother **** behind me reacts too slow and since he was tailgaiting me he almost hit me....he actually skids on the shoulder, right past me, past my front passenger door!!!! Thank god for the shoulder or else I could kiss my car goodbye after just 4 days of owning it!
Old 12-05-07, 07:33 PM
MSL
Rookie

Originally Posted by The Godfather
Oh man, glad you're ok!! Tonight on my way home from work, some dumb mother ****er was tailgaiting me, as I was on the slow lane doing 60-65mph, in traffic...Well the car in front of me brakes hard because traffic is coming to a crawl and the dumb mother **** behind me reacts too slow and since he was tailgaiting me he almost hit me....he actually skids on the shoulder, right past me, past my front passenger door!!!! Thank god for the shoulder or else I could kiss my car goodbye after just 4 days of owning it!
Am telling you, we need to keep our eyes open now their is some crazy MF's out there now for the holidays. Everybody is in hurry. Thanks god you ok though.

Quick Reply: Thanks God For My 3gs Brakes...