GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

07GS450h traded for a 08RRSupercharged??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 06:11 PM
MELODY7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilikay
I have had 9 (yes, 9) Range Rovers including the Range Rover Sport SUpercharged, Range Rover Sport Limited Edition Supercharged, the Range Rover Full Size HSE, the Range Rover Full Size SUpercharged.. And I will say that there is no feeling like driving a Range.. IT has a commanding presence and definitely says "you've arrived" when you pull up. It's addicting, because once you start buying them you can only drive the Range as an SUV! However, the GS has it's own appeal, at least in hybrid form.. And in terms of the "girls" thing... Chicks LOVE environmentally friendly cars. A few women I know have thought of trading in their 3-series convertibles or Range Rovers for Prius's! Either way you can't go wrong, they are both great cars with difference personalities. The Range is the ultimate SUV, and the GS450h is the ultimate mid-size sedan IMO... (other than the E63 or M5, but that's a different class).

But it is not even debatable, but should just be taken for fact that when you drive a range rover, automatically there is a stigma that you're rich (and people will look). There are very few cars which have styling that is loved by both men, women, young and old, the range rover is one of those vehicles and that is amazing in itself.
You should work for Land Rover, you just sold me. I'm 22, but someday i'll have that Range in my possession.
Old 12-15-07, 08:16 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, the Range looks nice and...well, that's about it. Keep the GSh!
Old 12-16-07, 10:26 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

I think I remember reading on one of the RR boards that they are coming out with models that compete with the Porsche Supercharged models and M5 power.

Anyone know if this is for just the Range Rover, or also the Range Rover Sport Supercharged?

I'm still torn. I'll go test drive an other one in the coming weeks to see once again.

Too bad Lexus can't make a comprable 500hp off road worthy/LR comparable car, but with the reliability that I am used to, and the reliability I wish LR had.

I love our GX don't get me wrong, I've even considered the brand new redesigned LX5.., but am still very early in my decision making process.

Also... That limited edition RRS, is the top pick for me if I go with LR.
I've thought of the RR supercharded, not the sport, but I don't want to dish out 100K on a range rover, not worth it in my mind.

I really jsut wish the cars I want came in AWD. M5, GS450h, but then I need more room too. oh well.

I have considered the new RS6, the 599 hp ones, 08 models, that are in Europe only for the first production year in the avant.

Might wait for them to come to the us, but then again, I am not sure if I would be happy with the quality interior that I am used to.

ha ha, still torn. Still all over the place with my decisions... someday (next 6 months) I will narrow this down and make a decision.
Old 12-16-07, 10:31 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can't ever tell what Land Rover will be bringing out given that they are for sale. There's the coupe concept something like a rugged jeep called the Defender but nothing is certain given that some company could buy LR tomorrow and scrap those for something totally different. The FFRR Supercharged is one bad machine but if you don't want to spend 100k, go with the RRS SUpercharged. You won't regret it.
Old 12-16-07, 10:51 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

I suggest that you first try all car you want to buy and then let us know what you think. It is very hard to judge cars by looking up stuff on internet - go out and drive them.
Old 12-16-07, 10:56 AM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
NO WAY will a GS pull women like a Range man....not even close!

No offense but you have no clue what you are talking about. You pull up in a range AND YOU WILL GET NOTICED. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT. CASE CLOSED. Pulling up in a GS at best MAY GET YOU NOTICED.

True story- While waiting on valet to bring us our cars where a friend's wife's white RRS is pulled up along with a new IS and a G35 coupe. Everyone in our group begins to talk about the Range and move towards it to check it out. Dude who's tagging along who had just met the friend who owns the RRS immediately asks, "damn who's range is that?". I tell him and he's like "damn, they rich!". I'm like why do you think that? He's like, "You're rich if youre driving a range rover"! Trust me, that is the only vehicle where the driver and passenger were getting stared at while walking up to and into their vehicle. The GIRLS took notice!
I am sure about you guys but hes comparing $35000 cars to $58,000 thats not really a fair fight. Besides considering G35 and IS350 are alot cheaper thier more common so they dont get as much recognition. Also those are just the starting prices so imagine how much the supercharge pumps up 58,000