GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

which carrier Lexus/Toyota uses for import?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 09:27 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Toyota ships on K-Line and NHK Line. Lexus on the west and mid west usually end up at TLS Port at Long Beach or Portland. On the east, it's either Newark or Jacksonville.
awesome, thanks for the info, that's what I was told too! now who do I know at K-Line

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
i didnt even notice your screenname till now.
NOW i know which ssl you work for kev.
are you in this business as well?

Originally Posted by Trexus
That's cool that you work for an ocean carrier. I do as well. I work for Matson. Our headquarters are located in Oakland and we have terminals in Long Beach, Oakland and Seattle...
Gotta love domestic carriers, you are stealing all our reefers business

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Maybe the dealership you goin thru to buy the car, can't allocate the specific color/package that you want. They might use that excuse to try to find you the car you want from dealer trade. If i were you i'll go thru Longo. PM me if you wanna get a good price.

Tommy
I did get my car from Longo I already got the VIN # and options list. Apparently, my car will appear on the list tomorrow, congrats on yours!! I told them I will raise hell if they drill a front plate on my car, so I am crossing my fingers on that.

This car will be one hell of a birthday gift for myself
Old 12-19-07, 10:10 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
are you in this business as well?
int'l logistics = yes
ssl = no
co i work for is a very small (hahaha/LOL) tech company importing from asia.
Old 12-20-07, 12:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

awesome, thanks for the info, that's what I was told too! now who do I know at K-Line
It's one or the other.
Old 12-20-07, 08:46 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Gotta love domestic carriers, you are stealing all our reefers business
What can we say? Domestic carriers are very interesting especially that they are in a protected trade with the "Jones Act" in place. Matson has got a rich history and has been around for a long time. I work at the headquarters and I got a chance to tour one of the ships. Our ships are much smaller compared to the foreign ships and it's amazing how many containers they can carry. I believe there is a ship owned by Maersk that can hold over 15,000 containers. That blows my mind...
Old 12-20-07, 12:35 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
What can we say? Domestic carriers are very interesting especially that they are in a protected trade with the "Jones Act" in place. Matson has got a rich history and has been around for a long time. I work at the headquarters and I got a chance to tour one of the ships. Our ships are much smaller compared to the foreign ships and it's amazing how many containers they can carry. I believe there is a ship owned by Maersk that can hold over 15,000 containers. That blows my mind...
those are the super/mega vessels. Just need special berths to dock those babies. Matson is so far so good in LGB. since their cans go to STY, availability is much more efficient.