GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

which carrier Lexus/Toyota uses for import?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 01:37 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default which carrier Lexus/Toyota uses for import?

Anyone knows which ocean carrier lexus uses for importing their cars? and perhaps which terminal?

My car is apparently in the States and stuck at the marine terminal, I am in the business and could certainly use my contacts to speed things up
Old 12-19-07, 02:19 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doubt it, probably stuck at the port in Long Beach... doesn't have anything to do with the carrier. Holidays means the ports are super busy.
Old 12-19-07, 02:25 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
Anyone knows which ocean carrier lexus uses for importing their cars? and perhaps which terminal?

My car is apparently in the States and stuck at the marine terminal, I am in the business and could certainly use my contacts to speed things up
If you dont mind me asking, what do you do specifically? also, transporting autos uses specific types of equipment. they dont just throw x amount of cars in a 40' or 45HQ. you mentioned, 'it's stuck at the terminal'. thats very broad. care to specify?

Originally Posted by AlBoston
Doubt it, probably stuck at the port in Long Beach... doesn't have anything to do with the carrier. Holidays means the ports are super busy.
Actually, the terminals aren't 'super busy' right now. the holiday rush to get imports in has passed for some time; i know with my vol and my direct contacts with the SCM components.
Old 12-19-07, 02:32 PM
AlBoston
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
If you dont mind me asking, what do you do specifically? also, transporting autos uses specific types of equipment. they dont just throw x amount of cars in a 40' or 45HQ. you mentioned, 'it's stuck at the terminal'. thats very broad. care to specify?

Actually, the terminals aren't 'super busy' right now. the holiday rush to get imports in has passed for some time; i know with my vol and my direct contacts with the SCM components.

Sorry, when I say "port" I mean the vehicle prep/distribution centers located at the port. They are def super busy.
Old 12-19-07, 02:34 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlBoston
Sorry, when I say "port" I mean the vehicle prep/distribution centers located at the port. They are def super busy.
i could imagine with all the mfr's trying to get the '08's on the lots all over the country.
Old 12-19-07, 02:39 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the reason why i asked for the carrier is so I know which terminal they call, and i know it's in port of long beach.

like 4ntvings mentioned, holiday rush is already over, also, no one will keep cargos on the terminal for extended period of time, per dealers, cars go out fairly fast.

4ntvings - I work for one of the ocean carrier currently calling TTI/trapac/APMT terminals.

"stuck" at the terminal was to quote the dealer, that's why I wanted to find out myself why. cars are shipped in containers all the time =) but with these large numbers of cars out of japan, only a hands full of carrier have these type of vessels for cars. Probably going to be either Mitsui or NYK.

thank god i didn't order a Mazda

Old 12-19-07, 02:46 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

like 4ntvings mentioned, holiday rush is already over, also, no one will keep cargos on the terminal for extended period of time, per dealers, cars go out fairly fast.
4ntvings - I work for one of the ocean carrier currently calling TTI/trapac/APMT terminals.
"stuck" at the terminal was to quote the dealer, that's why I wanted to find out myself why. cars are shipped in containers all the time =) but with these large numbers of cars out of japan, only a hands full of carrier have these type of vessels for cars. Probably going to be either Mitsui or NYK.
well that narrows it down
just use your contacts in the ssl/terminal industries to find out some info for ya. might be able to narrow it down for u.

if those vessels are like typical 6-8k teu vssls, then they should be in/out of the berth in 2-3 days, right? GL!
Old 12-19-07, 03:15 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

That's cool that you work for an ocean carrier. I do as well. I work for Matson. Our headquarters are located in Oakland and we have terminals in Long Beach, Oakland and Seattle...
Old 12-19-07, 04:07 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trexus
That's cool that you work for an ocean carrier. I do as well. I work for Matson. Our headquarters are located in Oakland and we have terminals in Long Beach, Oakland and Seattle...
and you use STY in LGB i know
Old 12-19-07, 04:14 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered my fully loaded 08 GS350 from Longo Lexus on Dec. 13th and left a deposit. They told me the car is arriving at Long Beach port on the 15th. Sure enought i got a call today from the sales manager at longo telling me the car will be arriving at the dealership tonight (19th) @ 11pm. I will go pay tomorrow and pick up my car.
Old 12-19-07, 04:17 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

the reason why i asked for the carrier is so I know which terminal they call, and i know it's in port of long beach.

thank god i didn't order a Mazda

Maybe the dealership you goin thru to buy the car, can't allocate the specific color/package that you want. They might use that excuse to try to find you the car you want from dealer trade. If i were you i'll go thru Longo. PM me if you wanna get a good price.

Tommy
Old 12-19-07, 04:25 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
If i were you i'll go thru Longo. PM me if you wanna get a good price.

Tommy
tommy, the 2GS is gone already?
Old 12-19-07, 04:31 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
tommy, the 2GS is gone already?
Jason,

My 2GS is gone since Dec 11th. I missed my EX-girlfriend But i'm getting a new girlfriend tomorrow
Old 12-19-07, 04:32 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

i didnt even notice your screenname till now.
NOW i know which ssl you work for kev.
Old 12-19-07, 07:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Toyota ships on K-Line and NHK Line. Lexus on the west and mid west usually end up at TLS Port at Long Beach or Portland. On the east, it's either Newark or Jacksonville.

Quick Reply: which carrier Lexus/Toyota uses for import?