GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My Starfire Pearl with Black interior GS460 is finally here!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 09:59 PM
made_in_japan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations! definitely a classy color. hope to see you around socal sometime. enjoy and happy belated b-day!
Old 12-21-07, 11:17 PM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

YO Kev, congrats on the new car!! I guess it's all worth while for those sleepless nights that you had up until yesterday...lol

So, will we be going out to lunch in YOUR car next time? HAHAHA....Anyways, car loooks very nice, actually it's better than what I envisioned...Glad Longo didnt put the 2 holes on the front bumper, can't imagine how you gonna react if those holes were on the bumper...lol...CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!

Oh, BTW, you can change your sig picture now!!
Old 12-21-07, 11:52 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Congrats man. I know you have been waiting for this badboy for awhile. Very nice color combo!!! Starting to see 460's showing up here at CL...cool. Enjoy your ride.
Old 12-22-07, 03:31 AM
rkb43
Pole Position

Very Nice!
Old 12-22-07, 04:50 AM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

Congrats! Great color choice, too.... ;-)
Old 12-22-07, 04:52 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and enjoy!

Finally!!!
Old 12-22-07, 07:31 AM
allklr
Pole Position

Perfect choice! That is the color combo I wanted...so hard to find. I love the white exterior but never got a white car since the interior is usually lighter which for me is harder to keep clean.
Old 12-22-07, 09:22 AM
ahearn
Rookie

Congratulations on the beautiful GS 460. I just got my Blk/Blk a few days ago and can't find anything not to like about it.

I was wondering if anyone knows the planned production numbers for the GS 460 compared to other models. Based on comments made by the dealer, Lexus doesn't plan to flood the market with them, making them fairly exclusive.
Old 12-22-07, 09:25 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ohh... i love starefire pearl/black. ONE thing thou, when you walk up to your car in a parking lot under certian light conditions, if your car is CLEAN the brightness of the paint will hurt your eyes
Old 12-22-07, 09:29 AM
mmoore3
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful ride! Im jealous
Old 12-22-07, 09:39 AM
weezer
Rookie

Wow... beautiful car. Enjoy every second of it... and please be safe, especially this holiday weekend. People are driving like maniacs... I was almost in 2 accidents yesterday, and was driven off the road and onto the median by someone who just decided not to stop... thank God there was open space to my left for me to turn onto. My eyes are usually glued to my mirrors, and it saved me this time. All for some idiot to get someplace 2 seconds sooner...

Again... enjoy, and you picked an absolutely beautiful color combo!
Old 12-22-07, 12:57 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonderful combo! Gives me shivers thinking about it.
Old 12-22-07, 02:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Woo hoo congratulations! Finally, the wait is over.

Longo always delivers for me. Why go anywhere else?
Old 12-23-07, 12:24 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys, really appreciated, been so hectic in this holiday schedule so didn't really have time to truly enjoy the car, all i can say is, this car is everything I've dreamed of now to answer people's question

Originally Posted by rominl
oh and i will be first to ask, when can you take me for a spin? i want to see if it actually has 380 horses

just notice it doesn't have APSSS. a bit bummer but it's one heck of a ride already!
hehe, anytime! whenever I am in town and I haven't even gone past 3k rpm yet, I want to break it in nicely before I punch it. We can meet up then

$3000 on APSSS was the deal breaker, I am sure a nice set of coils can make the car handle better in 1/2 the price

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Now we have a better reason for a local meet SOON>......congrats
thanks! I am definitely down for a meet if i am back in CA that is..hehe

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
Longo had stuck on a front plate on my car....I am glad they did not violate your car !!!
You have to really push it for them not to drill the plates, that's usually the FIRST thing they do when the car gets in. I had to sign a waiver.

Originally Posted by reggiek
Beautiful car and welcome to 3gs ownership.
Any mod plans?
Like several people on here, I've gone through the whole modding scene at earlier stage in life, I will try to keep this car classy with very minor mods, already got the clear bra installed HID fogs going in and some tint soon. More minor stuff to come later

Originally Posted by abuzzl23p
did you order that one or find one on the lot? i'm hoping to find one like that that i can get a deal on...but i dont know if the white black combo is common on dealer lots...

btw if you dont mind me asking how much did you get off MSRP?
it is DEFINITELY a rare color still, I almost ordered mine then I found out there are 13 white/black GS coming in the month of December to western regions, so I just had them secure one for me.

FYI, there is one white/black GS460 in longo now without illuminated door sills and the white/black gs460 just got into the dealer of Glendale Lexus 2 days ago.

Originally Posted by made_in_japan
congratulations! definitely a classy color. hope to see you around socal sometime. enjoy and happy belated b-day!
thanks for the warm wishes, i am sure you are enjoying your 460 as much as i am !

Originally Posted by mj0723
YO Kev, congrats on the new car!! I guess it's all worth while for those sleepless nights that you had up until yesterday...lol

So, will we be going out to lunch in YOUR car next time? HAHAHA....Anyways, car loooks very nice, actually it's better than what I envisioned...Glad Longo didnt put the 2 holes on the front bumper, can't imagine how you gonna react if those holes were on the bumper...lol...CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!

Oh, BTW, you can change your sig picture now!!
haha, you bet we'll be going to lunch, thanks for all your help in the process man! see you when i get back.

Originally Posted by weezer
Wow... beautiful car. Enjoy every second of it... and please be safe, especially this holiday weekend. People are driving like maniacs... I was almost in 2 accidents yesterday, and was driven off the road and onto the median by someone who just decided not to stop... thank God there was open space to my left for me to turn onto. My eyes are usually glued to my mirrors, and it saved me this time. All for some idiot to get someplace 2 seconds sooner...

Again... enjoy, and you picked an absolutely beautiful color combo!
I am glad you got out of all those safely! CA roads are definitely filled with road rages and careless drivers. Another reason why our RX400h got totalled

Originally Posted by flipside909
Woo hoo congratulations! Finally, the wait is over.

Longo always delivers for me. Why go anywhere else?
you know, it really is nice to be a big dealer, they can easily secure all incoming cars, that's exactly won me over because they got the car before anyone else.
Old 12-23-07, 12:29 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

images limitation on the previous post, so here are some pictures from my first mod, through our exclusive CL sponsor - Aerotech for some clear bra installation!

Francisco and Jason are such nice people! I can't believe I just looked into clear bra now, this will be the first thing I do on all my car purchases now!

venture clearbra on full hood/bumper & parking sensors as it does not affect the detection/Nav Screen. You can't even see the film until you are like 2" away from the car

and such a small world, I ran into another CL member - Tommy doing the exact same thing, but with a nice little touch on the reflectors to reduce the orange effect. It looks great!

Quick Reply: My Starfire Pearl with Black interior GS460 is finally here!!