GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Returning a New Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-08, 07:49 PM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexneffect
If I recall correctly, doesn't the car have to stay under a 100 miles in order for a dealer to still sell the car as new?

Well, just called up a buddy of mine (he works in a Law Office). He explained to me that "when a contract is signed for a set amount and afterwards, one party determines an incorrect verbage or amount that would be considered unreasonable, then a new contract can be made to correct these mistakes. However, the contract cannot be void on just this basis alone unless it is mutually agreed upon by both parties involved."

Curtis
Thanks for the post. I guess the "loophole" won't work. As for the seat issue I was told that if I modify it substantially it would affect resale greatly.
I would rather just lose the money now than continue to sink good money after bad. A full seat mod (dealer won't help om this) would cost me $800 or so and there is no guarantee I would be any better off.

I value my back more than this car or my financial loss. I just think the dealer is being a pig about the whole issue as he could easily sell the car for $44,000 and let me buy another Lexus for $1,000 over invoice like the RX 350.
In fact, I could find my own buyer for $44,000 and go to a new Lexus dealership. They would charge me $600 for processing the paperwork on a trade and sell me a RX 350 for $500 over invoice. That is my plan anyway and I hope Lexus of Jacksonville, JM Lexus, Lexus of Orlando, etc. will go for it.
Old 01-03-08, 08:25 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

I doubt it, I know Lexus of Jacksonville and JM Lexus are pigs at selling cars. They don't care about you... sale, sale, sale!!!

Keep in mind, even if you find a buyer, it will still be you that is selling the car. They have already done their part, so u get the stick in the a$$ again. Plus, they know RXs are easy sales as well, so they MIGHT or might not work with u on the price.
Old 01-03-08, 08:43 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Man, from the various sections on this board, it sounds like the Florida dealers are REALLY bad. Guess there's just not enough competition.

Good luck Valueguy. I think giving it 6 months is a good idea. Just sell it on your own after that. With so few miles, it shouldn't be that bad to sell. Just make sure it's stock. Dump the 20" rims. Try not to reupholster the seat if possible. Much easier to sell that way.
Old 01-04-08, 01:00 AM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Good luck with the sale. You should move to Cali.......not that hard to get invoice.....guess there's so many dealers and competition that they'd rather have a little profit than no profit at all. Hope everything turns out for the best for you.
Old 01-04-08, 05:06 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Valueguy
Thanks for the post. I guess the "loophole" won't work. As for the seat issue I was told that if I modify it substantially it would affect resale greatly.
I would rather just lose the money now than continue to sink good money after bad. A full seat mod (dealer won't help om this) would cost me $800 or so and there is no guarantee I would be any better off.

I value my back more than this car or my financial loss. I just think the dealer is being a pig about the whole issue as he could easily sell the car for $44,000 and let me buy another Lexus for $1,000 over invoice like the RX 350.
In fact, I could find my own buyer for $44,000 and go to a new Lexus dealership. They would charge me $600 for processing the paperwork on a trade and sell me a RX 350 for $500 over invoice. That is my plan anyway and I hope Lexus of Jacksonville, JM Lexus, Lexus of Orlando, etc. will go for it.
Value,

You have an unusual situation, but it seems something should be worked out along the lines of your financial thinking.

If you continue to be frustrated, consider calling Central Florida Eurocars, they are in Lakeland. Ask only for sales manager or owner of dealership. Launch into your story and I'm sure they can find a solution for you, if even ordering an RX through them for you or an MB that pleases you. Like any business, they like making money, but not so much that they cannot see your point of view too.

Good luck.
Old 01-04-08, 07:51 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
I doubt it, I know Lexus of Jacksonville and JM Lexus are pigs at selling cars. They don't care about you... sale, sale, sale!!!

Keep in mind, even if you find a buyer, it will still be you that is selling the car. They have already done their part, so u get the stick in the a$$ again. Plus, they know RXs are easy sales as well, so they MIGHT or might not work with u on the price.

You are right of course. I was just hoping they would be reasonable about the RX 350 and not charge me the usual price. $1200 over invoice doesn't seem like much of a deal especially with a trade-in value of $41,500 on my car. I wouldn't call that working with the customer.

I accept the situation and know it is up to me to sell the car.
Old 01-04-08, 08:59 AM
Valueguy
Pole Position

The dealer is willing to allow ne to "find a buyer" for my GS 350 and then do the exchange at the dealership. Anyone on the Eastcoast/Central Florida want a killer deal on a GS 350?

Are the LS seats really well padded in the back? I need to find that out for myself. Right now the deaker and I are working on a RX 350 because those seats seem padded like my 4 Runner.

Will my 20" wheels (staggered) look okay on the RX 350? Or, should I sell the 2 wheels in the rear and go for a non-staggered look? I know my wheels fit the RX 350 but my wife wants to keep a nice ride.

Anyway, I have learned from this experience a great deal. That is the thing about life you never stop learning even if it is the hard way.
Old 01-04-08, 09:52 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Exclamation Be very, VERY careful this time.

Originally Posted by Valueguy

Are the LS seats really well padded in the back? I need to find that out for myself. Right now the deaker and I are working on a RX 350 because those seats seem padded like my 4 Runner.
Be very, VERY careful this time. You do not want to have to yet another swap. Arrange to drive for a few days whatever car you'd like to buy. For the record, the RX seats, for some reason, hit my upper thighs in a really funny -- as in not good -- way. They felt good at first but the more I sat in them, the more I noticed it.

Try a lot of cars if need be before your next purchase. I am glad I've have the GS rather than the RX, even though I'd still put the GS seats/driver comfort at the top of my GS negative list.