GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Looking to get into a new GS. Can it be had at invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-08, 04:34 PM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking to get into a new GS. Can it be had at invoice?

I'm looking to pick up a new GS350 and want to see (before I head to the dealer) if I can get one for invoice. I sold my e46 m3 and always really liked the 3rd gen Lexus. Anyone have any information on pricing? Thanks!

Edwin
Old 01-03-08, 04:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i doubt that, but worth a try. socal is probably the best place to get the lowest price, i think i have seen as low as around 500 over invoice
Old 01-03-08, 05:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

It may be possible, but your best deals at invoice would depend on the dealership as rominl said. Dealerships are in the business to make money, not sell everything at invoice.
Old 01-03-08, 06:02 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my GS350 recently, look for my thread for a full lease breakdown. I paid $552 over Edmunds.com invoice. The $552 is an advertising fee that shows up in the dealer invoice but not on edmunds. The general consensus was that the advertising fee is legit, hence all the december to remember commericals. Everything is negotiable obviously but after reviewing the prices paid here and on other sites, I thought that the price was reasonable and it was the lowest anybody posted, so I jumped on it since they had the color and options I wanted. I think its getting harder to get a good price because the December to Remember sale just ended and less incentive for the dealer to squeeze out that last sale of the year to meet a year end sales quota, things like that. Realistically, I would be happy with about $1000 over Edmunds invoice, which shouldn't be a problem in SoCal at least.
Old 01-03-08, 06:55 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to the dealer on the last few days of the month and buy something that they have in stock and its very possible.
Old 01-03-08, 07:29 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lowest i've seen on this forum i think is $211 or something over invoice, if you happen to have the taste of lexus coupon, then you will be well under invoice

i only wish i could have the 460 for invoice
Old 01-03-08, 07:58 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I doubt getting a GS for invoice, but anything can happen at the right time at the right dealer. If you go in, don't go in HAVING to get a GS, go in with a tough stance and be willing to leave if your deal is not good.

Like selling a house, it's best to sell when you want to, not when you have to. Same with buying, when the question of "so, what can I do to get you to drive this car away today" comes up, you give your drop dead price, if they don't budge, you call their bluff and walk away. Then go to the next dealer.
Old 01-04-08, 11:02 AM
mj0723
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend just bought a 08 GS350 (Nav, but no ML system) for $1000 below invoice a week ago. I believe the price is a tad below 43K before TTL. This is in SoCal area. That was the best deal we could find during the "December to Remember" sales event.
Old 01-04-08, 01:58 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I echo Moolman's post. If you want a plain jane GS, you might get close to invoice, but a loaded ML/Nav will not be heavily discounted, especially a hot color like Smoky Granite or Black. Best bet is to get as many quotes from every dealer within a 150 mile radius, price dealer against dealer and buy on the last day of the month (or quarter). Good luck.
Old 01-04-08, 02:03 PM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doesn't Lexus have "holdbacks" like most dealers?

I wouldn't worry about them not making anything even at invoice.

Most dealers/factory has a "holdback" program wherein the factory gives the Dealer, about 2% on Lexus, a hidden percentage on any new vehicle they sell at the end of the quarter. This would be well over $1K on any new vehicle they move.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ack/index.html

I heard most dealers have to start paying interest or something similar if the car is on the lot over so many days. They become quite motivated to get rid of it.

Whit
Old 01-04-08, 02:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
I wouldn't worry about them not making anything even at invoice.

Most dealers/factory has a "holdback" program wherein the factory gives the Dealer, about 2% on Lexus, a hidden percentage on any new vehicle they sell at the end of the quarter. This would be well over $1K on any new vehicle they move.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ack/index.html

I heard most dealers have to start paying interest or something similar if the car is on the lot over so many days. They become quite motivated to get rid of it.

Whit
so? no one say they are not making money at invoice. but bottom line is they want to make as much money as possible. it's demand and supply
Old 01-04-08, 02:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Supply and demand is correct. Car dealerships are not going to let every car in their inventory go for invoice or whatever Edmunds or Carsdirect publishes. It's amazing how the internet world today demands everything at invoice or less.
Old 01-04-08, 02:58 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whlkev
lowest i've seen on this forum i think is $211 or something over invoice, if you happen to have the taste of lexus coupon, then you will be well under invoice

i only wish i could have the 460 for invoice

I see that you got your car at Longo, I was offered edmunds invoice plus TDA fee about $550, for a GS460 fully loaded with ML, sirius, illuminated door sills, at Longo but that was at the end of the year when they are trying to squeeze out every deal. Pretty close to invoice. I really struggled with if I wanted the GS460 or GS350 but went with the GS350 because I couldn't justify in my mind the $5k difference.

Man, I didn't know people were getting below invoice for the GS at the end of the year. How come nobody posts this kind of information. I would of haggled more instead of paying $552 over invoice. Share some love people, help everybody out and don't keep it a secret.
Old 01-04-08, 03:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by moolman
I see that you got your car at Longo, I was offered edmunds invoice plus TDA fee about $550, for a GS460 fully loaded with ML, sirius, illuminated door sills, at Longo but that was at the end of the year when they are trying to squeeze out every deal. Pretty close to invoice. I really struggled with if I wanted the GS460 or GS350 but went with the GS350 because I couldn't justify in my mind the $5k difference.

Man, I didn't know people were getting below invoice for the GS at the end of the year. How come nobody posts this kind of information. I would of haggled more instead of paying $552 over invoice. Share some love people, help everybody out and don't keep it a secret.
wow, seems like the overall sales market has been really low this holiday seasons. i have heard from several sales about low season this year and hard to meet quota, so i guess these further confirms it. gs460 is all new, and to meet their december to remember quota, they are hitting it at invoice? man
Old 01-04-08, 03:33 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moolman

You have to have the right temperment and a lil' luck to score that kind of a deal - was the GS460 the right color combo ? If you are set on a certain color combo, waiting until the 11th hour might get the rug pulled out from under you. IMHO, 550 over invoice for a new '08 GS with the exact color and equipt combo you wanted is a great deal, add in the DTR lease rates and MSDs and you got a sweet deal that you shouldn't have buyer's remorse over. Besides, you never know how many of those 'under invoice' deals are really true, afterall this is a public internet forum - caveat emptor.

Quick Reply: Looking to get into a new GS. Can it be had at invoice?