GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vandalized by some @$#%$!! (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 12:35 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smalldog
Was the mirror painted when you got it from lexus?
yep,it was painted. (thank god). When i ordered it, they wanted to know the vin# of my car and all that crap. i assume to ensure the correct color, etc...

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
If I'm not mistaken but from the pics all I see is a broken mirror and no dent, so I'm assuming the dent is under the mirror caused by it striking the door when broken. If I came back to my car, I would assume that someone ran into it themselves or with an object. I don't any evidence to suggest that this was an intentional act. Like the OP stated, this time he had to park next to other cars so someone (probably a large person or one who was running) may have run into it. Nevertheless, I don't see how anyone could argue that auto folding mirrors are useless or pointless. I see NO downside to them whatsoever as it is designed to protect against exactly these situations, which could quite possibly be an accident versus a deliberate act.
its so rediculous, im too tired to even comment on what you said. i assure you, the mirror was kicked off. i had to clean off the 2 foot long boot print on the side of my door. If you look at the way the mirror is made and where/how it was broke.....u'd agree. that could NOT be done by someone walking by and accidently contacting it.....i dont care how "large" he or she is. Metal doesnt just break like that.

And as for many people on this site, including myself, i can tell you where every little flaw or blemish is on my car. i promise you Nauticalx......there WAS a dent in my door, and it WAS caused by the mirror.
Old 01-05-08, 02:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Most trim items like door mirrors, mouldings, door handles and etc. come pre-painted from the factory. This is something Toyota/Lexus does for their parts.
Old 01-05-08, 02:54 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

that sux. The world is filled with hateful people.
Old 01-05-08, 10:28 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
yep,it was painted. (thank god). When i ordered it, they wanted to know the vin# of my car and all that crap. i assume to ensure the correct color, etc...

its so rediculous, im too tired to even comment on what you said. i assure you, the mirror was kicked off. i had to clean off the 2 foot long boot print on the side of my door. If you look at the way the mirror is made and where/how it was broke.....u'd agree. that could NOT be done by someone walking by and accidently contacting it.....i dont care how "large" he or she is. Metal doesnt just break like that.

And as for many people on this site, including myself, i can tell you where every little flaw or blemish is on my car. i promise you Nauticalx......there WAS a dent in my door, and it WAS caused by the mirror.
The footprint does tell a lot about how it happened...maybe something as important as that that could have been mentioned initially. Trust me, I've spent enough time in congested areas of big cities to personally witness my fair share of vehicles striking objects and people causing the mirror to break away or break off entirely. It's not as hard as you think to get those things to break. Not even on something as well built as a Lexus.
Old 01-05-08, 10:31 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

And if you would re-read my post, I did not state or question your truthfulness in whether there was a dent, I stated that I did not see one and therefore, it appears that the dent was under the mirror and caused by it striking the vehicle. No biggie...I'm glad you got your car fixed and I hope that you catch the jerk who did it! Perhaps there are surveillance cameras in that lot.
Old 01-05-08, 01:31 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
If somebody were that angry with me, I'd be happy that was all the damage they did to my car.

Sorry to hear about that though, you had to pay alot of money for somebody elses mistake, it's very not cool...
Unfortunately, I don't think it was done by anyone angry at him or by mistake. There are lots of idiots out there who think it's funny to just mess up other people's property. Luckily, this wasn't too bad and was fixable. Hope those ******** get caught or karma catches up with them.
Old 01-05-08, 02:47 PM
cwchill
Driver School Candidate

Default Somebody got me too!!!

Yeah, I know how you feel.. Some azz broke out my passenger window, reached in open my glove box and took my Glock(brand new). You know the alarm does'nt work if the doors are not opened. So I'm looking at getting an addition to the current system. The crook will get his.
Old 01-05-08, 03:21 PM
BKruptcyJD
Rookie

Sorry, I feel your pain.
Old 01-05-08, 06:19 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by codex57
Unfortunately, I don't think it was done by anyone angry at him or by mistake. There are lots of idiots out there who think it's funny to just mess up other people's property.......

Exactly what i think too!! People are f-ing jealous!