GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Vandalized by some @$#%$!! (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 12:23 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vandalized by some @$#%$!! (Pictures)

This is what i came out to my car and saw a couple weeks ago!!! Someone obviously didnt like the way my mirror was mounted, so they "fixed" it for me! Oh!, and dont worry people, its already fixed. Lexus wanted $680.00 for the mirror and 2.5 man-hours for the install and they quoted me $175.00 for the paintless dent removal. (which was needed cuz the mirror put a slight dent in my door when it SLAMMED down upon it!!)

A friend of a friend works for one of the local Lexus dealerships here in So*Cal and got me the mirror at cost ($450.00). i took the door apart, put the mirror on and yet another friend of a friend came by and fixed the door ding for $75. (who did an amazing job i might add!)

Needless to say, the whole experience sucked. i dont wish it on any of you!
Old 01-04-08, 12:27 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

If somebody were that angry with me, I'd be happy that was all the damage they did to my car.

Sorry to hear about that though, you had to pay alot of money for somebody elses mistake, it's very not cool...
Old 01-04-08, 01:31 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope those people get what's coming to them somehow by karma >=/
Old 01-04-08, 02:33 AM
mysteryan
Lead Lap

Would've been a good time to get those 08 mirrors with the signal lights.
Old 01-04-08, 02:37 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn sorry to hear what happened to your car mang. Thank your lucky stars...it could have been worse. =(
Old 01-04-08, 04:38 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mysteryan
Would've been a good time to get those 08 mirrors with the signal lights.
Except they don't have GFM anymore so it would've cost quite a bit to get both of them painted and wired.

Gosh what an SOB!
Old 01-04-08, 07:09 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn that sucks...the primary reason that auto-fold mirrors are a big benefit. Maybe you or someone who sees this will develop or have someone develop a mod for auto-folds on the 3GS!

Can you ask your friend who works at the dealership if he can find out for sure whether auto-fold can be "programmed" by the dealer as was discussed in another recent thread. And if not, who might be able to get such a mod done in your or someone else's vehicle?
Old 01-04-08, 09:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

An auto fold feature wouldn't really deter from breaking off that mirror. If they were really looking to do the damage anyway, all they have to do is yank it to the open position and cause the same damage.
Old 01-04-08, 12:36 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
An auto fold feature wouldn't really deter from breaking off that mirror. If they were really looking to do the damage anyway, all they have to do is yank it to the open position and cause the same damage.

yeah, i know. your probly right. If my mirrors were folded away, who knows what they woulda done??? and in reference to that "auto folding mirror" post lately, i cant remember who said it but i remember reading that "whats the point of auto folding mirrors? i usually park in B.F.E. away from everyone anyway!!??" thats usually my experience. but every once in a while (like when this crap happened) i HAVE to park near other peoples cars'. which sucks and worries me everytime i do it. Oh well, like many of you said........ could have been worse!
Old 01-04-08, 01:05 PM
ydng99
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
yeah, i know. your probly right. If my mirrors were folded away, who knows what they woulda done??? and in reference to that "auto folding mirror" post lately, i cant remember who said it but i remember reading that "whats the point of auto folding mirrors? i usually park in B.F.E. away from everyone anyway!!??" thats usually my experience. but every once in a while (like when this crap happened) i HAVE to park near other peoples cars'. which sucks and worries me everytime i do it. Oh well, like many of you said........ could have been worse!
Sorry for what happened to your car, it really sucks. BTW, where did you park you car? I always park far away, and you know what, I always got either huge trucks or rusty cars park right next to my car.
Old 01-04-08, 01:30 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Have you tried to use the insurance, so you just pay the deductible?
Old 01-04-08, 01:49 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Was the mirror painted when you got it from lexus?
Old 01-04-08, 04:10 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If I'm not mistaken but from the pics all I see is a broken mirror and no dent, so I'm assuming the dent is under the mirror caused by it striking the door when broken. If I came back to my car, I would assume that someone ran into it themselves or with an object. I don't any evidence to suggest that this was an intentional act. Like the OP stated, this time he had to park next to other cars so someone (probably a large person or one who was running) may have run into it. Nevertheless, I don't see how anyone could argue that auto folding mirrors are useless or pointless. I see NO downside to them whatsoever as it is designed to protect against exactly these situations, which could quite possibly be an accident versus a deliberate act.
Old 01-05-08, 12:21 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

+1, if someone wanted to mess with your car I don't see why they would just stop with a mirror... or should I say start with a mirror. Either way, it sucks.
Old 01-05-08, 12:24 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear what happened. There are a lot of scum bags out there, my car has been vandalized before too. It sucks.

Quick Reply: Vandalized by some @$#%$!! (Pictures)