GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Car does not start properly sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 11:13 AM
jojosalvia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea how to reach Lexus. The only number out there is the general customore service number.
They did replace my vehicle but it sure wasn't easy. For more than six weeks they finally decided it had nothing to do with where the car sat on my property or the fact that I might not have known how to put my foot on the brake and press a button to start the engine - DUH! The car they replaced it with seems fine so far, but I feel that I should be compensated (monitarily) for the expenses I incurred (lease payments, insurance payment, and inconvenience) while the car was in the shop for more than 6 weeks. We've sent several e-mails and made several phone calls to corporate and once in a while we get an e-mail back saying that someone is checking into the situation, and will get to us soon. I would never want to go through another negative experience like this and I am so blown away that it is Lexus who is not stepping up to the plate to make things right.
Old 03-25-08, 07:42 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by beercity
Anyone know what the best way is to give feedback to Lexus on their product/service?

I'm not happy with the engine issue and it's embarrassing for Lexus that I have to inform their Technicians of the TSB, even though they've told me for 2 weeks that they would 'look into it'. I'm not feeling the love here and I'm definitely not a happy camper.

Anyone know the best way to get Lexus proper feedback on this dealership?
Beercity...do you deal with Lexus at Maplewood...or a dealer in WI...Beercity...hmmm Milwaukee? If this involves the 08 GS350, they know exactly the cause and fix...no arguments for me at Maplewood.
Old 03-26-08, 05:39 AM
beercity
Rookie

I'm dealing in Milwaukee. In January when I brought the problem up to them, they seemed to take it seriously...

"Lexus Engineers are in the US this week to figure it out, top of our priority list, blah blah blah.... they'd call me immediately when the fix was available."

No calls.... of course I check this forum to find out what others are experiencing.... and alas the fix came out 2 weeks ago. When I went in yesterday, the service manager still tried to tell me the fix was not available. Only when I gave him the TSB I found here was he convinced.

Just not happy to do their job. I know they deal with Lexus cars all day long, but I only have 1, it's my first, and I don't think my expectations are that high.... Car needs to start properly.
Old 03-28-08, 07:29 PM
MelYW
Pole Position

beercity...no arguments there...they should be on top of it...in fact should be proactive about calling about it. No car...let alone a Lexus should make that kind of sound. Hope it is all fixed now. Also hope we get some warmer weather up here to really enjoy our new found loves.

The only upside is that this forum has been fantastic to be able to understand the latest and greatest...I assumed lexus dealers would be watching these forums as well...maybe not.
Old 03-29-08, 02:21 PM
beercity
Rookie

I agree... thought they'd be proactive, but they have not been. In fact, every time I've called to get appointment this week, they ask if it's for the 5k service... I have to say no, the car only has 1100 miles on it b/c it won't start all the time and it's annoying to drive like that.

You'd think they'd at least flag the account to show the car has a serious problem and needs to get in for service.

Anyway... the service appointment is made. I'm traveling all next week, so won't be able to actually get the fix until the first week of April.

Warm weather is greatly anticipated! Finally seeing the grass (dead grass) here in Milwaukee.