GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Two Defective Asantis And My Stock Wheels Are Back On

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 07:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Nothing wrong with the mesh design. It all depends on who you ask if it's played out or not. It's a timeless classic.

Last edited by flipside909; 01-09-08 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-09-08, 09:19 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

asanti's are nice wheels for those who are saying its not high end. All high end 7series and S class mercedes have asantis
Old 01-10-08, 05:38 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LXXTASY
asanti's are nice wheels for those who are saying its not high end. All high end 7series and S class mercedes have asantis
that doesn't necessarily mean i'ts a true high end wheel. it simply means their marketing is working. by pushing the wheels to all the big name custom shops to sell to their wealthy customers, they make it seem like the wheels would be the best you can buy. they're not.
i bet the margin on those wheels is also larger than a true high end custom wheel. so it makes sense for everyone to push them and keep up the appearance of it being the best.
Old 01-10-08, 09:10 AM
LSonDubz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about your misfortune, unfortunately this is what happens when companies get too big, start shipping out truckloads of wheels/day, they lose quality control. it's unfortunate and the public isn't made aware of all the problems.
Old 01-10-08, 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 19psi
that doesn't necessarily mean i'ts a true high end wheel. it simply means their marketing is working. by pushing the wheels to all the big name custom shops to sell to their wealthy customers, they make it seem like the wheels would be the best you can buy. they're not.
i bet the margin on those wheels is also larger than a true high end custom wheel. so it makes sense for everyone to push them and keep up the appearance of it being the best.
i agree, product is one thing, but marketing is the key when it comes to selling. profits on these wheels are pretty high i can tell you.

Originally Posted by LSonDubz
sorry to hear about your misfortune, unfortunately this is what happens when companies get too big, start shipping out truckloads of wheels/day, they lose quality control. it's unfortunate and the public isn't made aware of all the problems.
and that's one thing where i "relatively" prefer japanese stuff. the same thing can happen to them (ex. toyota losing on quality recently after expanding so fast), but they are doing a much better job on quality overall i think. like work or ray wheels, they are HUGE (they are really big), but their quality stays

nonetheless, case in point there, it could be independent events on the wheels, i wouldn't "generalize" asanti as a whole yet
Old 01-10-08, 10:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Lexani is the parent company for Asanti. Remember the Lexani Crystals?

Old 01-10-08, 11:07 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Lexani is the parent company for Asanti. Remember the Lexani Crystals?

exactly.
Old 01-10-08, 12:53 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19psi
exactly.

LOL, I see lots of those wheels on "BALLER" type cars too

I dont worry about what guys with S550's and 745's buy
Old 01-10-08, 05:18 PM
Raleigh GS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope that everything works out for you!!!
Old 01-10-08, 06:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Asanti is well known globally for producing the most exspensive set of wheels ever made. A person offered 1 million for a set of of the diamond covered wheels. That kind of thing attracts attention. I agree marketing has alot to do with sales, but once the product hits the streets thats when it gains its rep. People ( Dr's, celebrities,bussiness people, ballers ) dont keep buying wheels based on marketing. You buy wheels based on the look,and quality.And if you have a little extra cash and you can affords the wheels for a $1000 a piece and you want the best for your brand new 50K car, you guys would have done the same thing. I saw the wheels on easily 50 -60 % of all of the cars in the celebrity car magazines, the guy at the wheel and tire place said they were the top in quality and definetly are well known so I went with them. I personally understand the JDM feel on these cars and first looked at Volks and the Work wheels, but I dont like the design of any of their wheels and they produce them in small sizes ( no 20's alot of the time). I wanted a wheel with alot spokes and a wheel that had a beautiful chrome finish to contrast the dark color of the car. I saw the asanti 128 and was into it . They ( and the Maya wheels) were the most exspensive wheels I looked at. They ranged from 950 to 1400 depending on the wheel and size. The Maya wheels I looked at were the most exspensive wheels I havce ever looked into. I figured the 5k on the asantis was solid enough to ensure quality, looks , and to be honest the exsclusivity. I did not want to see my wheels on another car. Ever. Bottom line is I went with the more exspensive wheels thinking I was going to get the look and the quality. Generally you do get what you pay for. And yes some of us are consumers and big suckers for the flashy adds with asanti wheels on 450 thousand dollar cars. It did it for me. Thanks for all your input you guys! I would say yes I have had a negative experience but I will not write the company off. All companies (even the holy lexus brand ) produce prducts that are defective and do get past quality checks. Its a fact of production, nature of the beast. I just happened to get that unfortunately defective product. Lexus this year has slipped bec of our cars (gs) and the problems with the ES( GS having problems with water leaks and wind noise and the ES is having major trasmission failures at less than a 1000 miles). It happens to the best. In this case it happened with asanti. Take a look at the wheels objectively. They look very nice and have very unique designs, and offer them in insane custom finishes. They will put ostrige skin, real wood, diamonds, and custom paint on your wheels

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-10-08 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-10-08, 06:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!
Attached Thumbnails Two Defective Asantis And My Stock Wheels Are Back On-gs350-029.jpg  
Old 01-10-08, 06:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Attached Thumbnails Two Defective Asantis And My Stock Wheels Are Back On-gs350-044.jpg  
Old 01-10-08, 08:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey dude,
you don't have to convince us......or yourself the wheels are nice. They are. Chill. Only reason I would be reluctant to get them is they are a very popular wheel around here. Too many people sporting them in the south. Other than that, they have the look.
Old 01-10-08, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am not going to go too deep into the history of asanti and whether their wheels are that good or bad. i personally don't know enough about that company to really comment much.

however, though, i am not trying to educate you, but i will share with you about some facts

1) if you talk about american made forged wheels, asanti isn't the most expensive. you said you paid 5 grands for the wheels (ouch...). go look for a set of hre in the same spec as yours and in chrome, and you can see how much it's going to cost. it will cost at least the same

2) your style of wheels? they are available from japan. work universal and auto couture lative, easily two off the top of my head

3) maya being the most expensive? lol, do you know why? coz' dazz (maya distributor here in the US) got the wheels from riverside in japan (who makes the ORIGINAL wheels, trafficstar!!!!!!!!) and then rebadge them here. then they sell for a high markup, that's why you see such a high price tag. it's not coz' their wheels are anything special (and i have 3 sets of trafficstar, so i know). i had 2 sets of trafficstar 20s, both of them around 3500 airshipped from japan. they ARE available through dazz as maya, and they rip you off by another 1500 apparently

4) and having the money doesn't mean spending the money. whatever the shops says to you? i would take it with a grain of salt, they are after profit. celebrities? they are good at what they are, but most of them don't know squad about cars. they just follow each other or the flashier the better. i had a set of hre wheels before, i can afford them any day. but that doesn't mean i will just buy them (in fact, bought 3 sets of jdm afterwards)

again, i am not going at you, but i am just pointing things out that you are getting wrong about

bottom line, if you like the wheels that's the most important thing. facts and stuff are for sharing

Last edited by rominl; 01-11-08 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-10-08, 10:39 PM
LexFather

Do (most) Porsche or Ferrari owners or any higher end car put x brand wheels on their car. WHo makes their OEM wheels for example?
That lets you know what brand is TRUE high end brand or not. Work, HRE, BBS, Auto Countoure, JP, OZ, Volk, Rays, SSR...

Look where are Asanti's are sold.
http://superbuytires.com/ and other wheel shops that sell anything to anybody and will tell anyone "oh they fit" and "oh they look great".

They make nice wheels but please, stop trying to "Sell" us on how good they are as we are trying to be PC here

Other Asanti wheels....

Me, I prefer ASHANTI lol

Quick Reply: Two Defective Asantis And My Stock Wheels Are Back On