GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Two Defective Asantis And My Stock Wheels Are Back On

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 08:26 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wanted the exspensive stuff not the cheaper JDM wheels like everyone else. That is the bottom line. I never said asanti was the best or better. I only said that they are more exspensive and you see them on more high end cars. You get what you pay for generally . Even if you pay more for the name, thats fine with me. Asanti has more of the flashy high end rep in places like LA (even if its BS marketing) . Like a benz vs the lexus we all know which is known for being more exspensive, high end, ...more baller. The BENZ. The lexus is a higher quality product in terms of reliablity like the JDM wheels, but if you want the image and the status you spend the extra money and get the benz ( aka asanti's in this situation ). rays and volks go on cheaper cars like, g35's, evo's,wrx,s, 350z's, acura. You see rays and volks in super street, sport compact , and import tuner magazines, not modified luxury and exotic, celebrity car, Rides, or DUB. I just didnt want to put cheaper rims that I see on cheaper cars on my new lexus. Look it up man asanti is hardcore, rays and volks are more for sport compacts ( cheaper japanese cars mainly)
And that is the entire issue. Just because they are in those mags, does it mean it is good. If you haven't noticed, the same wheels are advertised all over those mags. If you haven't noticed, the articles for the most part are hot garbage. I do find MLE is one of the best high end mags, they shoot straight and for the most part know their stuff.

Rays and Volks ARE not for cheaper cars, as those wheels cost as much if not more than Asantis or some other newborn baby marketing brand.

Asanti's, hmmm look what people do..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234521

Old 01-14-08, 08:28 PM
LexFather

Wow, then I see you post this, in that thread.
I love asanti wheels. I have a set on my ride. Some morons on this forum think asantis are for posers. Its bec they cant afford them.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-14-08 at 08:31 PM.

Old 01-14-08, 09:37 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL... this is why I gave up on some of the forums here...
Old 01-14-08, 09:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Poseur (n) - a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one.
Old 01-14-08, 09:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry to all. I was feeling a little defensive and tired of explaining myself. Sorry again. I guess we agree to disagree.
Old 01-14-08, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, exactly why i stopped replying here, i don't see the need anymore since i am a moron. funny i never thought asanti are for posers, but i will just give you a friendly advice: some people can afford a lot of things, even if they don't say it.

no need to be sorry, coz' you are not. you know it. i have made my notes
Old 01-14-08, 11:15 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, exactly why i stopped replying here, i don't see the need anymore since i am a moron. funny i never thought asanti are for posers, but i will just give you a friendly advice: some people can afford a lot of things, even if they don't say it.

x2

I feel that people who go online and post stuff up and then go talk about how something is "baller" is doing it to make them feel better then others. I post pictures and offer advice to help others... everyone loves to look at pictures right???
Old 01-14-08, 11:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
x2

I feel that people who go online and post stuff up and then go talk about how something is "baller" is doing it to make them feel better then others.
Sure if you say so.
Old 01-15-08, 12:08 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

A thread about 2 defected wheels ended up into this convo about which is better?

This is how I see it.

Everyone has different taste, now to some it may be EWW, or it may be beautiful.

But all we can do is respect one anothers ideas. Cut it out dudes
Old 01-15-08, 12:25 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl

wasnt ref to you . Truce!!!! Peace!!!!! This thing has blown way the hell out of proportion. Chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-08, 12:29 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Sure if you say so.
wasnt ref to you . Truce!!!! Peace!!!!! This thing has blown way the hell out of proportion. Chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take your own advice. I'm just going to stop replying to this thread.
Old 01-15-08, 09:00 AM
LexFather

Alright I think this thread has ran its course