GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Got my headlights overlay (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 02:35 PM
GatorWPB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesca
Here's some pics i took on my camera phone of my '07 Obsidian GS350 with Optic Blue headlight and Yellow fog lamp overlays installed by Aerotect.
Looks nice!! I hadnt thought about the blue overlay, but I really like the way it looks.
Is aerotect making the new Gs pre-cut for headlamps and taillights?
Im not out in Ca so I cant have them install if they have to be custom cut.
I want the smokey taillights as well.
Old 01-24-08, 02:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
Looks nice!! I hadnt thought about the blue overlay, but I really like the way it looks.
Is aerotect making the new Gs pre-cut for headlamps and taillights?
Im not out in Ca so I cant have them install if they have to be custom cut.
I want the smokey taillights as well.
Yes they already have them for the 08 GS. Give them a call.
Old 01-24-08, 03:56 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think it was difficult for them to install the overlays? Asking this because I like to do some stuff on my own, and if it was rather easy to do, I could most likely do this by myself. How does it look in the sunlight? is it like too blue?

I have a 02 GS and thinking about doing this? which would you perfer? the optic blue or like a smoked grey color like on the sportdesign GS when it was out?

Thanks
Old 01-24-08, 04:07 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

sorry another question, do you think these overlays in a match the headlights off the hybrids of the Lexus RX, GS, & LS as well as the camry hybrid's blueish headlamps? or is it more of a blue tint you would say?
Old 01-24-08, 04:15 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

This is from the Lexus.com website does yours have somewhat the same blue look as this? or is it lighter?
Attached Thumbnails Got my headlights overlay (PICS)-g_ext6.jpg  
Old 01-24-08, 06:28 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
This is from the Lexus.com website does yours have somewhat the same blue look as this? or is it lighter?
It is definitely bluer than that. If you saw it in the sunlight you could tell it's blue without a doubt. Um, the guys at Aerotect kind of had a hard time installing the overlays because of the round housing of the headlamps. They had to stretch,heat,stretch,heat etc. I could say the inner headlamps(one with the DRLS) and foglights can be DIY but the outer headlamps you might have a little bit of trouble.
Old 01-24-08, 06:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

sorry another question, do you think these overlays in a match the headlights off the hybrids of the Lexus RX, GS, & LS as well as the camry hybrid's blueish headlamps? or is it more of a blue tint you would say?
The blue tint on the hybrid cars are light and subtle. If you didn't know the difference between the regular, you would never know.
Old 01-24-08, 09:42 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Im trying to decide wether I like the blue overlays, I have a 02 GS 300 and i been wanting to put them on for the longest but was nervous if i would like the look for not. Dont get me wrong they look awesome on your car, most likely because its a newer model and the low beam headlamp have that chrome strip alond the outside of it. But how do you think they would look on a GS of the 2nd generation? I'm already purchasing smoked for the real taillamps and i believe they will look good on a black car, and was considering the smoked for the front but i dont want the car to be all blacked out ya know. i like the blue but im just nervous of how it would look on my GS. what are yalls opinion?

Flipside909,
yeah i kinda realized they were subtle but wasnt sure if the ones on :MESCA: car was just more blue because of the background light setting, and the fact that he was really close to the car. But i can so tell the difference between hybrid and non-hybrid headlamps, especially on the RX
Old 01-24-08, 10:30 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stupid question, where is aerotect? im nor bay area. NORCAL
Old 01-25-08, 03:33 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Im trying to decide wether I like the blue overlays, I have a 02 GS 300 and i been wanting to put them on for the longest but was nervous if i would like the look for not. Dont get me wrong they look awesome on your car, most likely because its a newer model and the low beam headlamp have that chrome strip alond the outside of it. But how do you think they would look on a GS of the 2nd generation? I'm already purchasing smoked for the real taillamps and i believe they will look good on a black car, and was considering the smoked for the front but i dont want the car to be all blacked out ya know. i like the blue but im just nervous of how it would look on my GS. what are yalls opinion?
If you got a black car i would shoot for it. The blue sure adds contrast to the black. even though its a little change, it makes a big difference. anyways, its only colored vinyl so if you end up not liking it later, you can always peel it off. I remember looking at a poll in the 2IS forum and someone asked if the blue looks good on his IS, a lot of people said no, so he just peeled it off. probably only lasted a couple of days . but then again his car was white.

And it's also near Cal Poly Pomona. If you want the address go to aerotect.net they can help you out
Old 01-25-08, 08:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Flipside909,
yeah i kinda realized they were subtle but wasnt sure if the ones on :MESCA: car was just more blue because of the background light setting, and the fact that he was really close to the car. But i can so tell the difference between hybrid and non-hybrid headlamps, especially on the RX
Yeah the headlamp overlays are a lot more prominent in color that the stock hybrid lamp lenses.
Old 01-25-08, 08:47 AM
safricags
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STUNNING

think it would nice on silver car as well
Old 01-25-08, 02:19 PM
GatorWPB
Driver

Thanks for confirmation Flipside!
Originally Posted by Mesca
Um, the guys at Aerotect kind of had a hard time installing the overlays because of the round housing of the headlamps. They had to stretch,heat,stretch,heat etc. I could say the inner headlamps(one with the DRLS) and foglights can be DIY but the outer headlamps you might have a little bit of trouble.
Hmmm, well maybe Ill start with the smoked taillights and see how I do with those. Im certainly not DIY, more like PSE (pay someone else) lol
Old 01-25-08, 08:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think it looks great
Old 01-25-08, 11:07 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Heh thanks for all the positive feedback guys! Nice to know everyone here likes it. all i need now is some rims and a good ol clublexus sticker ! =D

Quick Reply: Got my headlights overlay (PICS)