GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

07 Modded GS 350 or 06 M5

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-08 | 12:14 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

If both the GS & M5 were new or relatively new (<10k), then it's no contest - you go M5. But since the M5 is used, has >25k miles, half of your factory warranty is gone and you really don't know how well it was maintained or how hard it was driven. Golden rule #1 - never own a german car out of warranty (period). Been there, done that, never again. . .

As for the GT-R, don't you love how other car brands rape you for a 'high demand' car ? I have never seen a Toyota or Lexus priced higher than Msrp, no matter how hot it is. I know Honda charged a 'marketing adjustment' on the Nsx, Odyssy, Mdx & S2000 when they 1st came out, anywhere b/w 2-5k depending on how bad you want it. The 30k for the GT-R is just obscene, I bet the LF-A will not be more than Msrp when it comes out. . .
Old 02-07-08 | 12:44 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

the highest mark up i've seen when m5 first came out is 50k =) bringing in just at around 110k+
Old 02-07-08 | 12:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by whlkev
the highest mark up i've seen when m5 first came out is 50k =) bringing in just at around 110k+
look at the markup on ferrari and we will talk. how about 200k markup easily?

but back to topic, the markup on the gt-r is kind of silly imho. my 2 cents
Old 02-07-08 | 01:33 PM
mattscpu
Driver School Candidate

Default Almost bought a brand new (never titled) 06 M5

for $69k... It would have been brand new black with red leather... I just couldn't pull the trigger. Didn't think it was worth the $15k more and for an 06, but it is on another level. I had a 2003 745 with only 30k mi, but it had a ton of problems with it. It had the 100k warranty. I am happy with my GS460....
Old 02-07-08 | 08:16 PM
bobbyt01nc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by The G Man
I would rather have a personalized GS than a stock M5.
Really?? What is so stock about a 500HP beast? Doesn't it have the most high performance parts on it...engine, brakes, springs, larger stock rims etc? hell i saw a sweet black convertible m6 today for the first m5 or m6 i've seen in awhile (at least where i am)

I believe it just comes down to whether you want a sports car or a luxury sport vehicle. Not exactly the same class. Get the M5 if you can even afford it...even the GTR doesn't have 500 HP
Old 02-07-08 | 10:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I hate trips to the dealership. Stick with the moded GS.
Old 02-07-08 | 11:31 PM
Amiricanm
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
what's the issue with a used bmw when you still have warranty?
Being at the stealership every week...or if you're lucky every OTHER week
Old 02-07-08 | 11:40 PM
Amiricanm
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jace7
even if you compare the nissan to the M5, a nissan, no matter how powerful it is and how fast it is, is still a NISSAN. enough said on that.
NO comparision, the M5 should win over any nissan ever.

Comparing the 350 and the m5.
if you can afford it, get the m5. better seats, especially if it has the comfort seats, 20 way, articulated back.

Is it smg or manual?

I have had some friends that have had to take it to the shop quite a few times with either reprogramming issues or smg problems in that specific year.

BUT then I have had some that have had NO problems and their car has been perfect for them.

Comparing both cars have no maint. issues go for the m5, no questions asked, and don't even worry about the nissan, bah.
Below are your specs for the GT-R, it's still a 2 door nissan though, remember that, even with its stunning numbers.

The wait is over.
17 Oct 2007
Undisguised 2009 Nissan GT-R photos have now become available prior to the car's official debut at the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show
Most of the specifications aren't expected to be announced until Nissan's Tokyo show press conference on October 24, but today we know that the all-wheel-drive 2009 GT-R will get a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces 473 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. It'll drive all four wheels through a rear-mounted transaxle. The only transmission will be a GR6 dual-clutch six-speed automatic.
Nissan says the GT-R will accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, finish the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds and reach a top speed of 192 mph. Base price is expected to be less than $80,000.

#1 M5
#2 GS350
#100 Nissan

Not trying to be a ****, but we all kown it's a Nissan. I don't kown about you, but I don't look at the badge of a car. I don't need the BMW badge to "prove" anything for me nor do i need it to get laid. The GT-R and the M5 are two totally diffrent cars, and i don't konw what u mean by the M5 should always win, cuz if you put them side by side, many people will take the GT-R over a wana-be heavy *** non luxury sedan. The M5 is not the fastest car out there nor is it the most luxuries. It's kina stuck in the middle with a big *** price tag. You are comparing apples to oranges. Not sure if you are much of a car enthusiast, u sure don't sound like you are by your statements but if you appreciate a car for what it is, you would appreciate the GT-R. BTW, have you ever owned or driven a GT-R? Or a M5 for that matter?
Old 02-07-08 | 11:55 PM
TYPEII
Racer

I would wait for the GT-R...I am not too impress with the looks of the new M5, the bottom half of the front is fugly, so what if it handles and has tons of performance...AMG E63 on the other hand

And yes I know this is a modded one with a front lip kit and a hood...All that stuff just made it busier and uglier. Just My opinion.

Last edited by TYPEII; 02-08-08 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-07-08 | 11:59 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

PASS on M5, especially it is USED!!!
Old 02-07-08 | 11:59 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TYPEII
I would wait for the GT-R...I am not too impress with the looks of the new M5, the bottom half of the front is fugly, so what if it handles and has tons of performance...AMG E63 on the other hand
I like your taste
Old 02-08-08 | 07:28 AM
LexFather

Even if really don't like the 5 or M5 exterior, well it > modded GS, sorry. Get it in a dark color, don't look at it much but drive the snot outta it. 500hp/7 speed SMG...wow....It is a special car....V-10 to boot!
Old 02-08-08 | 08:19 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

drive one and it will change your mind. modded GS3 doesn't even come close. sorry

I could care less for the regular bmw or regular mb.

The ///M & AMG, they are the one that people should respect.
Old 02-08-08 | 09:06 AM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

The 06 M5 is owned by a friend of mine who wants to buy a Maserati Quad. He is not looking to make $ off the sale. The car is all black inside and out. It has every option on it. Custom 21" Hamman black staggered wheels, deleted mufflers, lowering springs, smoked tails, and misc. Wald peices.

This car turns more heads than a lot of other beautiful cars. I'm not trying to get laid, nor am I trying to impress anyone, I just think the thrill of a 500 hp beast would be incredible. I like the idea of having a 4 door car so I can tote my girl and my friends around. A 2 door GT-R in 3 years (3 yrs so I can aviod a huge markup) is close to when I want to start a family.

Here is the kicker... if I do get this M5 (for approx $65K) I would need to sell my 2006 Ducati 749 bike that was been all carboned out. The payments and insurance cost of the bike out of the equation makes the BMW purchase more feasible.
Old 02-08-08 | 09:18 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DUFF Ace
The 06 M5 is owned by a friend of mine who wants to buy a Maserati Quad. He is not looking to make $ off the sale. The car is all black inside and out. It has every option on it. Custom 21" Hamman black staggered wheels, deleted mufflers, lowering springs, smoked tails, and misc. Wald peices.

This car turns more heads than a lot of other beautiful cars. I'm not trying to get laid, nor am I trying to impress anyone, I just think the thrill of a 500 hp beast would be incredible. I like the idea of having a 4 door car so I can tote my girl and my friends around. A 2 door GT-R in 3 years (3 yrs so I can aviod a huge markup) is close to when I want to start a family.

Here is the kicker... if I do get this M5 (for approx $65K) I would need to sell my 2006 Ducati 749 bike that was been all carboned out. The payments and insurance cost of the bike out of the equation makes the BMW purchase more feasible.
He wouldnt happen to work in coral springs would he?

Quick Reply: 07 Modded GS 350 or 06 M5