GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

OFFICIAL: Tanabe Exhaust Contest!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-08, 10:54 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OFFICIAL: Tanabe Exhaust Contest!

Hello everyone, we are conducting a Tanabe Exhaust Contest. Please post up 1 picture of your car with one of our Tanabe exhaust systems. Be creative to accentuate the exhaust in your pictures. The deadline is Feb 29th and we will choose 3 winners and they will be posted on March 4th. The winners will receive a limited edition Tanabe t-shirt pictured below:

Colors Available: Black & White
Sizes Available: S, M, L, XL, XXL

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Last edited by Tanabe USA; 02-11-08 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-11-08, 11:15 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not want to school you on how to manage your brand, but this T-Shirt is so not Tanabe. This looks like a West Coast Customs/Jesse James/OCC/look-at-me-I'm-a-badass-american wanabee with the Celtic cross, the snake and the skull, Tanabe on the other hand is anchored in the JDM culture, where absolutely none of theses design elements ever appeared. You are not going to gain any market share by rejecting your origins and pretending to be who you are not, please stay true to who you are and where you are coming from, this is the only way to grow...

Last edited by timeToy; 02-11-08 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-11-08, 11:53 AM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timeToy
I do not want to school you on how to manage your brand, but this T-Shirt is so not Tanabe. This looks like a West Coast Customs/Jesse James/OCC/look-at-me-I'm-a-badass-american wanabee with the Celtic cross, the snake and the skull cross, Tanabe on the other hand is anchored in the JDM culture, where absolutely none of theses design elements ever appeared. You are not going to gain any market share by rejecting your origins and pretending to be who you are not, please stay true to who you are and where you are coming from, this is the only way to grow...
lol these were my thoughts too. I was like wtf is this shirt... until I read Tanabe on it. I Thought you guys were gonna go and give away a free Tanabe exhaust, now that'd be better Maybe have a photo contest or something for that
Old 02-11-08, 09:48 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

hehe... well, at least its a 'limited' edition
Old 02-12-08, 09:22 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by timeToy
I do not want to school you on how to manage your brand, but this T-Shirt is so not Tanabe. This looks like a West Coast Customs/Jesse James/OCC/look-at-me-I'm-a-badass-american wanabee with the Celtic cross, the snake and the skull, Tanabe on the other hand is anchored in the JDM culture, where absolutely none of theses design elements ever appeared. You are not going to gain any market share by rejecting your origins and pretending to be who you are not, please stay true to who you are and where you are coming from, this is the only way to grow...
AGREE X infinity

Personally I would fired the person who okay the T-shirt design... It is very insulting and sad to see a comany would abandon its culture, to gain some market share...

Besides from that, this is the cheapest comany I have ever seen !!! Wanted us to do the work for them and the only reward is a Freaking T-shirt, a T-shirt inwhich symbolized in betrayal to its culture!!!

Probably T-shirt would equal the right of ownership of that photo (always read the fineprint)...

Just from this I will not make any purchase with "Tanabe" on it, from now on!!!

Last edited by slk_dds; 02-12-08 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-12-08, 10:11 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, you guys are harsh..

just a tshirt, not that big of a deal. it's not like they are making their products to resemble American muscles cars.

I much prefer the picture of a skull than root related, doraemon or something
Old 02-12-08, 04:42 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slk_dds
AGREE X infinity

Personally I would fired the person who okay the T-shirt design... It is very insulting and sad to see a comany would abandon its culture, to gain some market share...

Besides from that, this is the cheapest comany I have ever seen !!! Wanted us to do the work for them and the only reward is a Freaking T-shirt, a T-shirt inwhich symbolized in betrayal to its culture!!!

Probably T-shirt would equal the right of ownership of that photo (always read the fineprint)...

Relax, a t-shirt doesn't define the brand, just as the parts don't define the car, and the car doesn't define the driver. I'm sure your personal boycott of Tanabe based upon this thread will not cause the earth to stop spinning. It's just a t-shirt. . .
Old 02-12-08, 05:22 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AGREE X infinity

haha...do what work for them? The guy is having a contest to the most creative photo of your car with a tanabe exhaust...like we don't already post pics of our cars with our new mods...calm down, its just a t shirt contest not a huge superbowl commercial ad
Old 02-12-08, 05:55 PM
MaxMax256
Driver School Candidate

First, Thank you for the contest, but I do have to admit. Who ever came up with that T-shirt design, does not know their audience. I can't see anyone driving a Lexus wearing it. You would have a much better response with a Tanabe logo'd Polo Shirt that your Sales Reps wear on calls.
Old 02-12-08, 11:42 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

It is all about heritage, where you from is what you are... you can never deny that!!!
Old 02-13-08, 01:48 AM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

here mines
Old 02-13-08, 08:59 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

AGREE X infinity

Wow I am very surprised at this type of reaction from a member on this forum. It is definitely just a contest to showcase your creativity of our products on your vehicles. If there was ever a need for anyone of your photos we would never use them without proper permission. Please do not take this contest to offense as we are very appreciative of those who are entering this contest.
Old 02-13-08, 09:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Props to Tanabe for doing such an offer. Come on guys...think out of the box!
Old 02-13-08, 09:58 PM
makena88
Pole Position

Old 02-13-08, 11:28 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

ok, in Tanabe's defense on the t-shirt design, ya'll have to realize that Lexus owners are not their only customers..

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/e...tions.asp?id=7

the design really isn't all that far fetched for the younger honda, subaru, mitsubishi, toyota crowd that are into seriously tricking out their rides, drifting, racing, etc ..

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Tanabe Exhaust Contest!