GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New 2008 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-08, 03:16 PM
GENLEXIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2008 GS350

Hey guys ....

im in the market right now for a new ride. Yes the GS is on my list but i noticed that the front bumper is different this year vs. last. I kind of like the older bumper/grille better, what do you think?
Old 02-17-08, 03:31 PM
GENLEXIS
Driver School Candidate

also does anyone here have any pics of the dark grey + birds eye maple interior?
Old 02-17-08, 06:23 PM
jenadamson
Driver

I'm actually liking the new front end better than the '07s that I've seen. Another GS person I know that has one was envious of the new one,... I guess it all depends on your taste. Of course, you can always change it up with a modification too. Lots on this forum about that!
Old 02-17-08, 06:59 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

When I was shopping for a new GX, I had to choose between a 08 and the year end 07s, the year end 07 was about $2000 cheaper. I actually bought the 08 becuase of the redesign front end. It looks much more aggressive than the 07. What really seal the deal was the turn signal side mirrors. Lexus should have had those years ago.
Old 02-17-08, 07:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i like the bottom part of the new bumper, a lot sportier and slicker. but the grille is bad with all the extra chrome
Old 02-17-08, 07:13 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The new grill enhance the L-finesse look, it pulls all the dimension toward the back of the car. It makes the car look more aggressive.
Old 02-17-08, 07:16 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will hear a lot of biased opinion, the same when GS350 was introduced over GS300 (sharkfin anyone? ). True, front end is more agressive, '07 is smoother. I like both of them. The thing that I hate is a rear bumper where a two-tone was replaced with a solid color. I have seen a few on the road, the same silver color as mine - and it makes a HUGE difference. Of course, it doesn't matter on a dark color, but it takes away a lot from a sporty design on a light corner.
Old 02-17-08, 07:24 PM
GENLEXIS
Driver School Candidate

well im still getting used to the gs ....
i think it looks good from certain angles so far (exterior).
Im comming from a mercedes c320 and its between a:

1. GS350 AWD
2. Cadillac Escalade / CTS AWD
3. 5 Series beemer
4. Mercedes GL

and a couple more in mind ..........
Im looking between 50-70k

It needs to be AWD.
Old 02-17-08, 07:35 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

My friend has a MB GL, its a amazing SUV, if thats what you are looking for. It handles almost as good as the X5 but with much more cargo space, Compare to the GS which have no cargo space. To be frank, if your budget is 70K, I would be looking at the X5 4.8I.

Last edited by The G Man; 02-17-08 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-17-08, 08:16 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GENLEXIS
Hey guys ....

im in the market right now for a new ride. Yes the GS is on my list but i noticed that the front bumper is different this year vs. last. I kind of like the older bumper/grille better, what do you think?
I like the new front and rear bumpers better in the 08.

The new grille I don't like so much, but overall I would take a stock 08
over a stock 06-07.
Old 02-18-08, 06:05 PM
GENLEXIS
Driver School Candidate

well ... like i said its something im trying to get used too.

Im not a x5 fan at all ... i cant seem to find anywhere in my taste to like it.
Car shopping is never easy, i keep leaning towards the same one's.

Anyways i love the gs's interior/ the push start/ blue tooth/ back up camera/ parking sensors/ l.e.d interior lights/ even the damn arm rest. It lacks a rear heated seats option/ do they make illuminated door sills for this car?/ with the car being so new it doesnt have many exterior modding options but i know those will come along. The car is very spacious, me being 5'7. I dont want any car smaller than this.

If i could choose i would take a 2008 gl550 or s550 4-matic but damn thats like 80k+. I actually considered the q7 4.2 w/ premium + s-line pkge but they dont mix the cold weather + s line together so i pulled the plug on that. I really like the GX but only if they change up the interior a bit with a push start and get rid of the ugly extra shift **** like they did in the LX.

So far the GS is on my most likely list but i could use some concept/spy shots of the 09 GX right about now.
Old 02-19-08, 05:25 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I am the opposite, I love car shopping We test drove the X5, but wasnt too happy with price tag and the stupid I-drive. I like that damn arm rest on the GS too They do make a illuminated door sills for the GS. The interior on the GX470 is actually pretty nice but dont expect a 09 re-deign for the GX. Rumor is that its going to be a 2010 or 2011 re-design.
Old 02-19-08, 06:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by GENLEXIS
also does anyone here have any pics of the dark grey + birds eye maple interior?
Actually, it LIGHT grey + dark grey bird's eye maple ...

& the new front end is growing on me ...
Old 02-19-08, 08:29 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

I was in the same place you were just a few months ago. (Took delivery of my 08 GS AWD on 01/31/08).

I like car shopping, but when you have a budget, that is when the problem comes in. My top choice was also an S550 4matic, but $85K is a little too steep for me right now.

The Range Rover was next, but same price and gas is just as big of a problem.

Then the RR Sport, same gas, but in the price range, but lacking all the interior glits and glamour I was looking for.

I had the previous X5 4.6, so I wanted to love the new X5, but styling wise, I just can't do it, sorry, maybe when they make the mX5 version.

The 5 Series, nice car, drives great, but I cannot tell you how overdone and over played they are. I see them everywhere and I hate to spend $50K + and be just another BMW fish in the see.

The CTS AWD, awards this, best this, functional this...sorry, I drove it and I was not sold. Smaller inside than most cars, nice power, but lacked the BMW handling and unfortunately, the Cadillac will not hold value like most cars.

The Benz GL is nice, but I decided if it wasn't a CLS or an S550, Benz would not see me for another 3-4 years.

This lead me to the 08 GS 350 AWD. Never considered a Lexus before, always been a German guy, but for all the reasons you named above, push button start, ML-DVD stereo, great interior, all the amenities plus where I am, I see them rarely, it was a no brainer. It was the full package and I am very happy with my decision! Every place I have been since, I get great comments, I enjoy the drive and the valet at the resturants always give me the thumbs up.
Old 02-19-08, 11:54 AM
GENLEXIS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for confirming that g man & rob....

yeah ... im going to lexus durring lunch and might test drive it. Mbenz, you know what im going through only im stuck between full size sedan & SUV. I wouldnt consider any other SUV but the benz GL550 which basicly "X's" it out because of price. So i guess i can say that im going to be a Lexus owner really soon.

I guess it was a good idea to come into a lexus forum to help convince my self lol.

But yeah, about the light grey and birds eye .... im still looking for pics if anyone knows where to find one.

Quick Reply: New 2008 GS350