GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Msrp Otd?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 03:41 PM
dannygjatt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Msrp Otd?

Ive noticed some people on this thread are buying 3GS MSRP. Does this mean Out the Door, or is this MSRP plus tax? I want a GS350 AWD with ML. Would I be looking to spend over $50k? I have a IS250 AWD specail order with ML fully loaded for $42k. Think I paid too much? I wish I knew about the site before?
Old 05-12-08, 03:56 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

to be honest, not one of us on this board will buy the car MSRP + TTI (tax/title/license)

I think you meant people are paying for invoice price (several thousands below MSRP)

check out the other price thread we had, people always specify how much exactly they paid if it's OTD, $ +/- invoice amount (pre tax so members can compare the difference)
Old 05-12-08, 04:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

correct, i very much hope no one here is paying msrp + tax and fees for their cars. tax is different from state to state, so imho most of the time it's pretty pointless to talk about OTD price. it's probably more useful to say you get your car for xxx over invoice and then plus tax and fees.

at this point, i say 1000 over invoice at the very most
Old 05-12-08, 06:19 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

I just bought an '08 GS350 with Nav/ML/RWD. MSRP is $51,915 and invoice is $45,800 - I paid $46,385 ($585 over invoice), not to mention I got more than my trade was worth (according to KBB).. So the point is you can get a much better deal than MSRP and even $1000 over invoice in this economy is pushing it. Take advantage of the downturn in sales and get the best deal you can because they are out there.

P.S. The dealer threw in a full kit of Clear bra and all weather floor mats gratis.
Old 05-12-08, 06:31 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
at this point, i say 1000 over invoice at the very most
you're being too nice.
$1000 in the ultra rare chance that there's an ultra rare color/option combo.

but that doesn't apply to the GS. it's not a high demand car, and it doesn't have color changing paint.
Old 05-13-08, 06:58 AM
mjb2124
Driver School Candidate

Interesting. I started looking around a week ago. I live in Pittsburgh and talked to 1 of the 2 dealers in the area and also called a dealer in nearby Akron, OH (79 miles away).

The one dealer in Pittsburgh offered 49,389 on a 52,460 (MSRP) GS 350 AWD. It was the first offer so I know I can go lower. The other dealer offered 5% off MSRP and a $200 gas card (which is a bit higher than the 49,389). That was a deal I got through email so I have to call him today.

Then I called the Akron dealership to see if they could beat the 49,389 deal. The guy said that the 49,389 was a great price on a car in such high demand and he would have to talk to his manager to see if they could go lower. I emailed him yesterday afternoon to see if there was any update and he hasn't emailed me back.

I guess I need to stand my ground. After talking to Akron, I thought maybe the 49,389 was a good deal. I saw little reason for him to tell me it's a great deal and he didn't think he could beat it unless he didn't want to deal with an out of state guy looking for the best deal.
Old 05-13-08, 07:48 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mjb2124
Interesting. I started looking around a week ago. I live in Pittsburgh and talked to 1 of the 2 dealers in the area and also called a dealer in nearby Akron, OH (79 miles away).

The one dealer in Pittsburgh offered 49,389 on a 52,460 (MSRP) GS 350 AWD. It was the first offer so I know I can go lower. The other dealer offered 5% off MSRP and a $200 gas card (which is a bit higher than the 49,389). That was a deal I got through email so I have to call him today.

Then I called the Akron dealership to see if they could beat the 49,389 deal. The guy said that the 49,389 was a great price on a car in such high demand and he would have to talk to his manager to see if they could go lower. I emailed him yesterday afternoon to see if there was any update and he hasn't emailed me back.

I guess I need to stand my ground. After talking to Akron, I thought maybe the 49,389 was a good deal. I saw little reason for him to tell me it's a great deal and he didn't think he could beat it unless he didn't want to deal with an out of state guy looking for the best deal.

I am not sure what options you have on the 08 AWD, but for $52K, I assume it is Mark Levinson Audio (ML) and Navigation. The market is very poor for cars right now and the price you pay for a luxury car should reflect that. I paid $46,500 plus Tax, Title and Tags, for my 08 back in January with ML and Nav. So I think you can do better. Stand your ground and don't be afraid to contact dealers who are not in your area, at least for comparison quotes.
Old 05-13-08, 09:51 AM
mjb2124
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i
I am not sure what options you have on the 08 AWD, but for $52K, I assume it is Mark Levinson Audio (ML) and Navigation. The market is very poor for cars right now and the price you pay for a luxury car should reflect that. I paid $46,500 plus Tax, Title and Tags, for my 08 back in January with ML and Nav. So I think you can do better. Stand your ground and don't be afraid to contact dealers who are not in your area, at least for comparison quotes.
Yes I'm looking for ML/NAV and the preferred accessory package. 46,500 + TTL is a great deal. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to find some other dealers that will sell for less and use those to compete with the dealer in my area.

I might also have to wait until the end of the month to see some better deals.
Old 05-13-08, 10:00 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

yes the market is poor, but it seem like Lexus does make that many GS. If you go into any Lexus show room, you will see a lot more ES, IS and RX on the lot. Its all supply and demand, if the dealer only have 2 or 3 on the lot, they are not going to discount it too much.
Old 05-13-08, 10:21 AM
mcukier
Rookie

Meh....

I got my GS350 AWD for $46,000 + tax/title/reg. This is ML/NAV with mucho accessories, etc.

And they didn't even have my car on the lot -- they had to requisition it off an incoming shipment (should be arriving on Friday or early next week).

The economy is poor, and '09s will probably be coming soon-ish. You can definitely get around $46,000 no problem....

- Mark
Old 05-13-08, 10:49 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mcukier
Meh....

I got my GS350 AWD for $46,000 + tax/title/reg. This is ML/NAV with mucho accessories, etc.

And they didn't even have my car on the lot -- they had to requisition it off an incoming shipment (should be arriving on Friday or early next week).

The economy is poor, and '09s will probably be coming soon-ish. You can definitely get around $46,000 no problem....

- Mark
Congrats Mark on the new pick up!!!!

I agree with him, by the way, my GS was actually bought from another dealer and just for the dealership I purchased it from to get the sale, they absorbed those costs. So $46,000 sounds like what you should be looking for, on the lot or not.
Old 05-13-08, 11:04 AM
weilunc5
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

purchased my gs350rwd back in january.
msrp $51590, invoice $44500, paid $43600 + ttl
we unintentionally walked in 20 min before closing on a saturday night...
Old 05-13-08, 11:06 AM
mjb2124
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. From what I'm hearing, they'll have to get the exact car that I want from another dealership as well. I was told there were 3 exact cars in lots across the US (mercury metallic exterior, black interior with dark wood trim, ML/NAV, preferred accessory package).

I spoke with one of the dealers today who told me he'd see if he can beat the first quote I got and would get back to me. The guy from Akron called and said he could go $400-$500 lower than the $49,389, but that was it. I told him that wasn't going to get it done and he said that he can't go any further. So I left it at that. If he's pressed at the end of the month to make a move, maybe he calls back. If not, I'll continue with other dealerships.
Old 05-13-08, 11:51 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mjb2124
Thanks guys. From what I'm hearing, they'll have to get the exact car that I want from another dealership as well. I was told there were 3 exact cars in lots across the US (mercury metallic exterior, black interior with dark wood trim, ML/NAV, preferred accessory package).

I spoke with one of the dealers today who told me he'd see if he can beat the first quote I got and would get back to me. The guy from Akron called and said he could go $400-$500 lower than the $49,389, but that was it. I told him that wasn't going to get it done and he said that he can't go any further. So I left it at that. If he's pressed at the end of the month to make a move, maybe he calls back. If not, I'll continue with other dealerships.
Good deal, let that stealer go! Trust me, be patient and get a few different quotes. You will see the prices start to fall, particularly in about 2 weeks or so.
Old 05-13-08, 05:02 PM
ISFTwins
Driver

The dealerships are independantly owned and operated businesses and some are just willing to work with you and some are not.. Yes, sales figures do matter, but you just have to find a dealer that really wants/needs your business.. It is worth the effort! When you find the right deal show the original dealer your paperwork and let them know what they are competing with and how they blew it by playing the numbers game with you.

Quick Reply: Msrp Otd?