GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

MotorTrend Comparison: 550i vs. E550 vs. XF vs. GS460

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-08, 12:05 AM
SilverSprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing beats the smoothness and plushness right of the Lexus, PERIOD. Yes, those other cars might be a tad bit faster or might be a little more agile around the corner at high speeds, but let's face the facts. How many of us are sprinting from 0-60 at every stop light? or taking corners at high velocity everyday? I can only speak from my personal experience. Every since I've gotten my car, I haven't "raced" anyone or exited the freeway ramp at 60mph. Of course every now and then, I may engage in spirited driving, but for the most part I just cruise around in this car at legal speeds. When I drive people around in my car, many of them have immediately complimented on how "smooth" the car is. I think most passengers, including your significant others and wives, will appreciate smoothness/plushness over the extra tight/firm suspension anyday of the week. As the article mentions, the drawbacks are that you feel all the cracks, crevices, and imperfections on the road.

At the end of the day it comes down to your preference and what you're looking for in a car.

(BTW, The ML system rocks - The first time I took my buddy for a ride, he said "this is the best sound system I've ever heard in any car".)
Old 05-21-08, 05:50 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

That is true silversprt, you can enjoy the smooth ride and luxury of the Lexus and still have a little fun once a while, its the best of the both world. The quality of those jaguars since Ford took over is not as good as it use to be.
Old 05-21-08, 10:55 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW, thats not an good look for the 460 de-tuned still sexy
Old 05-21-08, 01:04 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Silversprt you are so right. I see this more on so many other forums. How fast or agile their car can is......meanwhile let's face it if you live in an urban environment, you are probably in a lot of stop and go traffic. If you are in a rural or suburban one you are probably just cruising on the highway.
The amount of times I used to really push my Vette was pretty small and probably not worth the lack of utility.

Right now I am more into luxury that bragging rights. When I am into that stop and go traffic, do I feel comfortable in my car ? If I am just cruising on the highway can I stand being in my car for a long drive ?
Old 06-02-08, 07:32 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Motor Trend has a "Video on Demand Channel" on youtube. This article is in video form in a few parts. The GS460 - On Youtube