GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Must...vent...from....crash...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 11:48 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
I am betting $9k in damages and no way to a total....sorry to hear this happened to you, what did the police say? so who's at fault on the report?
Thanks Eyekutr, thats good to hear. Insurance and police said my case is favorable to win since he didn't yield to oncoming traffic. I won't know who's at fault until a week or so. God what makes me so upset is he took a left in my face and didn't even bother trying to speed up or anything. I tried the best anyone could do to avoid it but he just took the turn wayyyyyy too late.

Originally Posted by dunnojack
was it a kid or old man?

i use my honker liberally.
like a 50 year old man.
Old 06-04-08, 12:00 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
I am betting $9k in damages and no way to a total....sorry to hear this happened to you, what did the police say? so who's at fault on the report?
Mesca, good to know that you were not hurt (except your toy).

I doubt that 9k would be enough to repair the damage, last time I got my front bumper and a headlight replaced (it was hit&run in the parking lot) it cost close to 5k to do the repair.

In Mesca's accident, I think the insurance would "total" his badly damaged toy!!! Especially when the air-bags have been deployed, that is at least 10k for the interior + 10k for the exterior... But it seems the body frame is also bend, so it is a goner!!!

BEST OF LCUK TO YOU!!!
Old 06-04-08, 12:29 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear you are ok! I had a similar accident last year and know all too well how these things go down. Focus on yourself and make sure you are ok, my experience has been that you never truly walk away from these things.
Old 06-04-08, 05:47 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Mesca
I forgot your airbags went off....I may be with slk dds on this one then, I am just glad you are ok man....you can always get another GS....
Old 06-04-08, 06:03 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Awh...I don't think I can get another GS. I've already screwed up this one, I doubt my parents are going to pay for another one. If the car does end up being totalled and I do get reimbursed, I might either get a TL-S, Honda Accord, or a Prius depending on the amount won. Unless someone wants to sell me their 2007 black on black GS350 with navigation to me :/
Old 06-04-08, 06:43 PM
johnomac87
Rookie

sorry to hear man..

hey by any chance do you go to Cal State Long Beach, because I think i might have seen your car in PS1 during the regular school semester.
Old 06-04-08, 07:36 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnomac87
sorry to hear man..

hey by any chance do you go to Cal State Long Beach, because I think i might have seen your car in PS1 during the regular school semester.
yup that's me. I always park on the 4th floor next to the pole. What car do you drive? Bleh, I'm going to be depressed if they declare my car totalled.
Old 06-04-08, 08:11 PM
johnomac87
Rookie

I drive the millennium silver gs300, with black pearl badges. I usually see your car and always gawk at it as I walk by, beautiful car man, but Im sorry to hear...
Old 06-06-08, 05:58 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

mm got a rough estimate today of the bare minimum and it's a little under $12000. This isn't including driver's seatbelt, steering wheel, wheel airbag, leg airbag and the frame damage(which there is for sure). He said its NOT likely that it's totaled but there's a small chance. Going to get a call back next Tuesday so we'll see where it goes on from there. Thanks everyone for being with me during this hard time
Old 06-06-08, 06:08 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow that sucks bro. Hope everything works out. Its funny cuz I almost got in an accident this morning from someone turning extremely slow in front of me. Guess bad drivers arent just in Maryland

-Smitty
Old 06-06-08, 08:14 PM
soulatkh
Driver School Candidate

Wouldn't wish this on anyone. All things aside, be grateful you have your limbs, sight and senses. You'll get the best replacement (GS ofcourse) soon enough!
Old 06-07-08, 11:21 AM
MadDawg350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you add in the cost of a rental, supplemental damages which will be found (after tear down and later on), and depreciation for the vehicle being damaged as a result of an accident, you'll have a "constructive" total loss. You'll be better off in the long run if its totaled.
Old 06-07-08, 01:44 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Ouch. Glad to hear your fine. Personally I'd definately want it totaled. Just could see the car ever being the same after a crash like that. I hope that the fault doesn't fall on you. Maybe the folks will be more sympathetic and help you out with your '08 GS:-) knowing it wasn't your fault. Take care.
Old 06-07-08, 02:58 PM
mhlamin
Rookie

Wow, thats horrible. I would say push for a nice check and get it fixed at a respectable non dealer shop on your own time. You will save a few grand to put towards some nice new stuff for the car. I mean, the dealer is going to send it out to their body shop, find out who they use and call them direct!
Old 06-15-08, 02:16 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Damn man thank god you are ok. The damage look horrible. Good to know the Lexus put to the test was there for you and performed. If you can I would file a law suit and collect for the damages.

Quick Reply: Must...vent...from....crash...