GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Keyless Fob, Unlocking doors

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 06:52 AM
SmokeyGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Fob, Unlocking doors

I dunno if its because I dont know, but why dont all the doors unlock when you walk up to the car. Its weird that my drivers door only unlocks while my wife has to wait for me to unlock the door for her from the door mounted switch. My buddies CLS 63 you walk up to it and you can open any door.

Is there some setting that needs to be changed? WHat am i doing wrong. I would like all the doors to unlock when I unlock mine upon walk up.

any input would be great.

thanks
Old 06-04-08, 07:43 AM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i usually just click the key fob to unlock the doors if i have passengers.
Old 06-04-08, 07:46 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you have your Lexus Personalized Settings programmed? I bought used, so this is something I just read about. That is an option for unlocking, but it says that it's for the fob button--not mentioning the smart unlock. Seems like it should apply to both.

I wonder how much that costs if you're not owed the one freebie.
Old 06-04-08, 07:52 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Instead of chaning the settings, the easiest thing to do is this; when with the wife and your walking up to your car grab the rear passanger side door handle first. It will unlock all doors, so wifey doesn't have to wait.

And when you are alone, you dont have to worry about some unexpected passangers jumping in.
Old 06-04-08, 08:27 AM
TXprfrmnce
Driver

Yeah, oe maybe we should all open the door for our wife!? Believe me, need to take my own advice! Of course it actually sounds like grabbing the driver side passenger door would work if you didn't want to do that...
Old 06-04-08, 08:51 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you really don't want to open the door for your wife/spouse, you can just grab the rear passenger door on the driver's side...
Old 06-04-08, 09:01 AM
Net Junky
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you throw in the secondary key fob into your wife’s purse you don’t need to do anything. My wife carries her key in her purse so it makes my life easier.
Old 06-04-08, 10:29 AM
jawnly211
Driver School Candidate

come on fellas!!!!!!!!!

make them wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha

what happened to the good old days of dating when we used to open their doors first for them before we hopped in the car

hahahahahaha
Old 06-04-08, 10:36 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dude, just touch the rear passenger's handle before you walk up to your door, it's all within reach, not that hard.

it's for safety reason, and if you want it to unlock all door, just get it reprogrammed at the dealer
Old 06-04-08, 10:37 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I have my fob programmed so one touch of the unlock button unlock all the doors. I use the fob when I have passsenger and use the door sensor when I am alone. Its a safety feature to not open all doors when you enter the car alone.
Old 06-04-08, 10:40 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

still too complicated and the whole point of sensor is so you don't have to take out the keys

just touch the rear door handles if you want to open all doors, it takes literally less than 2 milliseconds while you walk up to the car

just get into the habit, much simpler and saves you time from taking out the keys, going to dealer
Old 06-04-08, 10:44 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont take out the key, I just push the button with the keys in my pocket.
Old 06-04-08, 12:09 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whlkev
still too complicated and the whole point of sensor is so you don't have to take out the keys

just touch the rear door handles if you want to open all doors, it takes literally less than 2 milliseconds while you walk up to the car

just get into the habit, much simpler and saves you time from taking out the keys, going to dealer
Agree, SAFETY always come first!!!

Personally I always open the door for my wifey, just to be a good gentleman!!!
Old 06-04-08, 12:47 PM
HeadCase
Driver School Candidate

I know one you can change the smart access key to open all the doors instead of just drivers door! It's very simple it's on page 23 of the owners manual. All you do is have the car off and sit in the seat and hold down the unlock or lock button while pressing the trunk button and screen will show you a display of what doors will unlock. It's hard to explain but it's on page 23 of the manual. That was my best find besides shutting off the seat belt buzzer.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216004

I found this in the mod's thread stickied to the top of this forum. I have successfully completed this on my 2008 GS460. When I touch my driver's side door handle with the key FOB in my pocket, all of my doors open.
Old 06-04-08, 06:40 PM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One other thing, when you get out of the car you don't have to use the FOB to lock all the doors just press the black button on the driver's door handle and all doors will lock. You should never have to use the FOB at all to enter or lock the car if you don't want to. It can all be done by touch.

Quick Reply: Keyless Fob, Unlocking doors