GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Best Lexus Dealership in New Jersey, Ray Catena?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-08, 09:16 AM
slow_3.0
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Lexus Dealership in New Jersey, Ray Catena?

Need a dealership to fix my GS 300 dash. It rattles/creaks/squeaks like a 10 year old Hyundai.

this is an otherwise mint condition G with under 22k. Bought it a month ago, as an off-lease used.
Had Englewood try to fix the right A-pillar rattle, now I'm hearing other rattles. With even the slightest movement, the right and left side of the dash creaks, quietly, but very noticeable if I the fan and audio are off.

I am insanely picky about things like this, which is why I bought a Lexus in the first place. I want it to be dead silent.

So who's the best? Prestige in Ramsey? I already think Englewood is one to avoid as they didn't fix all the creaks, and they lost my keys for 2 hours while I had to go to work. they were generally very disorganized, and I can't imagine what the valet did to this thing driving all over Englewood.

How about Ray Catena?
Old 06-28-08, 09:26 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by slow_3.0
Need a dealership to fix my GS 300 dash. It rattles/creaks/squeaks like a 10 year old Hyundai.

this is an otherwise mint condition G with under 22k. Bought it a month ago, as an off-lease used.
Had Englewood try to fix the right A-pillar rattle, now I'm hearing other rattles. With even the slightest movement, the right and left side of the dash creaks, quietly, but very noticeable if I the fan and audio are off.

I am insanely picky about things like this, which is why I bought a Lexus in the first place. I want it to be dead silent.

So who's the best? Prestige in Ramsey? I already think Englewood is one to avoid as they didn't fix all the creaks, and they lost my keys for 2 hours while I had to go to work. they were generally very disorganized, and I can't imagine what the valet did to this thing driving all over Englewood.

How about Ray Catena?
That's funny as I've read on the IS forum that Englewood has the best service dept for stuff like that.
I think all Lexus service shops are hit and miss with warranty repairs like rattles and such.
Some will say XXXX Lexus was great and then others will say that same dealer service dept sucks.
Old 06-28-08, 09:55 AM
slow_3.0
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joeb427
That's funny as I've read on the IS forum that Englewood has the best service dept for stuff like that.
I think all Lexus service shops are hit and miss with warranty repairs like rattles and such.
Some will say XXXX Lexus was great and then others will say that same dealer service dept sucks.
well, they didn't fix the creaks, and the lost my key for like 2 hours.

Not a good first impression. they were just a mess overall. 8 am and they had no bagels, danish etc.
Old 06-28-08, 10:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow_3.0
well, they didn't fix the creaks, and the lost my key for like 2 hours.

Not a good first impression. they were just a mess overall. 8 am and they had no bagels, danish etc.

My dealer is TriCounty.
I had a small dash tick problem on my IS that they tried and couldn't fix.I was going to bring it back for another try but I traded the car in on my GS.
I asked my service advisor about the dash rattle issues on the GS and told him so far so good for my GS.
He said wait till the cold weather,chances are the rattles will be there.
Old 06-28-08, 10:16 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i'd suggest to let it rattle louder before taking it in.

i've had rattles fixed on another car, and it only created more rattles in other areas, because they have to take off other plastic panels to get to the main rattle.

i'm not so picky anymore. i'd prefer to fix a bunch of rattles at once, rather than taking it in for every tiny rattle.... unless you enjoy the loaner cars and free gas.
Old 06-28-08, 10:18 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dunnojack
.... unless you enjoy the loaner cars and free gas.
Gas isn't free at my dealer any more...
Old 06-28-08, 10:29 AM
slow_3.0
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Gas isn't free at my dealer any more...
yeah, i've been to both Englewood and Ramsey and you were supposed to return it with the same amt. of gas.

this car actually failed inspection first time, because the local garage claimed they couldn't communicate with the computer. So, having been annoyed by Englewood for not really fixing my dash creaks I took it to Ramsey to check the computer out.

Ramsey kept it for a couple days and they gave me an '08 ES 350. I dont drive much anyway, and the gas gauge never budged, so i just returned it.

Anyway, the computer on my G was fine, and i took it to the state inspection station where it passed. Idiot local guy charged me $70 to fail me, i should have just gone to the state inspection place.

btw, the 350 has much quieter tires than my G (General Exclaim UHP), but more wind noise. Also the ride was softer. I guess it was faster, being a lighter car with a bigger engine. Not nearly as nice. It really feels like a Camry with leather. And the styling is hideous inside/out. Interesting to compare though.

Englewood gave me an RX 350 loaner, which I totally hated. No idea why they are so popular. I hate SUV's anyway. Felt like a soccer mom.
Old 06-28-08, 07:34 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

heheh.

if there's no free gas, at least loan me a civic
Old 06-29-08, 03:44 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i'd suggest to let it rattle louder before taking it in.

i've had rattles fixed on another car, and it only created more rattles in other areas, because they have to take off other plastic panels to get to the main rattle.

i'm not so picky anymore. i'd prefer to fix a bunch of rattles at once, rather than taking it in for every tiny rattle.... unless you enjoy the loaner cars and free gas.
I first bought my GS in for dash creak sounded like styrofoam rubbing together, well they fixed that & now my speakers rattles ! If not one thing but another but I think whereever you took it the 1st place keep going back there until it's fixed since they have all records of what was done. Going to another dealership just starts you off again from square one.