GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My 07' GS 350 **Photo-Shopped**

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-08, 03:09 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to keep it with that Japanese JDM look... I don't think the grill is bad, I wanted a more aggressive look to the front. It's just hard hooking up a Red car and not make it look cheap or like a ricer...

Any suggestions on Rims ? Should I go chrome ? The IS-F rims I am not going to try it seems like they won't fit... But I found these other rims that almost look like the IS-F rims , come in black chrome and have a nice lip on them.

I like the Blitz carbon fiber grill, but i cant see spending 650$ for a small piece to put on my car.

Last edited by ReyRey305; 07-08-08 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-08-08, 03:24 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

iono... i don't like it personally... it looks ricey... like really ricey
Old 07-08-08, 03:29 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the grill makes it look ricey IMO. there are a few other things that dont make the car look nice either but it is ur car and u should do what u like. hooking up any car is the same, red, black, blue, pink, yellow...

I'm going to try to help you out and be as nice and not so "brute" as I did with another dude, he was tripping. lol

i love the ISF wheels, get them and get spacers because the front will need them. Make it flush with the fenders/quarter panels... there are plenty of spacers, just gotta look around. Leave the stock ISF wheel finish on them, they look great as is.

Either leave the grill as is or get a new one. making one is some what sort of difficult if your doing it from scratch. there is a reason why they cost so much, the fact that they have to make a mold and so on cost them $$$. they have cheaper grills but no chrome, but generally speaking most grilles are around 500 bucks. keep that mod for last because after doing what u want and then there is nothing left u will save some money and get it.

i would leave the headlights as is, or take them to a paint shop and get them sprayed with some smoked paint, JUST lightly to give it a black chrome effect. Do it to both the high and low beams, do no black out the lenses please!

08 turn signals are cool, again thats money. trying calling around in a few months to junkyards, u might get lucky and pay less then 1/2 of new. u will have to wire them up to the turn signals as well.

jdm side markers, get them, i like them but i dont want to put holes in my fenders for it.

oem lip kit is cool, but they have so many other full kits for the 06-07 3GS. money better spent on an after-market kit rather them oem, not to mention u might save more.

oh yeah, dont for get the rear roof spoiler and JDM visors. i should start looking for a roof spoiler since im not willing to put out money for a grill... yet.
Old 07-08-08, 03:37 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

I probably wont spray the headlights, it seems that it will be ricey or cheap... Everything else you said I def. want to do... I have had 3 honda accords before I got my Lexus so I am used to hooking up Ricers, lol... I need to get away from that and start doing VIP mods.

I deleted the other photo because everyone was hating on it, lol... But I guess it did look ricey.. Back to the drawing boards !
Old 07-08-08, 03:43 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

LOL

Painting the headlights is hard to make work and does look riced out with the chrome trim. I hate chrome Trim but at least lexus has less then most other car companies!!!!!
Old 07-08-08, 05:45 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
I probably wont spray the headlights, it seems that it will be ricey or cheap... Everything else you said I def. want to do... I have had 3 honda accords before I got my Lexus so I am used to hooking up Ricers, lol... I need to get away from that and start doing VIP mods.

I deleted the other photo because everyone was hating on it, lol... But I guess it did look ricey.. Back to the drawing boards !
I don't think you should have deleted it, at lease you thought of it. Others are afraid to post anything up because of the criticism that others will say.

if you want black or rather a black chrome housing, it will look nice. just dont do flat black or something like that. make it have a nice shine.

It doesn't hurt to ask opinions from others... as long as you don't make 1384732874238947238 threads on the same thing like others on this board. Then they get all upset about it.

Originally Posted by valgs350
LOL

Painting the headlights is hard to make work and does look riced out with the chrome trim. I hate chrome Trim but at least lexus has less then most other car companies!!!!!
i think its due able, if i had an extra set of headlights i would do it. even with the chrome bezels around the headlights it will still look nice.
Old 07-08-08, 05:58 PM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, so help me out on what must be a senior moment...

[Old man voice]Back when I rode, "ricer" was pejorative term for Japanese bikes used by non-Japanese bike owners (mostly just Harley owners)[/Old man voice]

I'm not catching from the context what "ricer" has come to mean.
Old 07-08-08, 06:44 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

pretty much just making it look like a honda all tricked out with funky bodykits, cheap lights, and other cheesy stuff...

Originally Posted by drpepper
Okay, so help me out on what must be a senior moment...

[Old man voice]Back when I rode, "ricer" was pejorative term for Japanese bikes used by non-Japanese bike owners (mostly just Harley owners)[/Old man voice]

I'm not catching from the context what "ricer" has come to mean.
Old 07-08-08, 07:51 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it's still japanese. this one is the rocket version

Old 07-09-08, 04:48 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm...so, one man's ricer is another man's tastefully modified car.

[Old man voice] I'm old [/Old man voice]
Old 07-10-08, 05:29 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

This is what I think of your design thous far, nothing personal!

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i say red out.
and put a sticker.
You missed the wheels!!!

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
Red car and not make it look cheap or like a ricer...
Too late, with that grill and front roof spoiler... You have been crowned "King of RICER"!!!

Originally Posted by dunnojack
it's still japanese. this one is the rocket version

Not my cup of tea, but at least this guy has the gut to go all out with his unique creatativity!!!
Old 07-10-08, 05:46 PM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice and subtle
Old 07-11-08, 07:16 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

haha.. a Ferrari logo?..nice..but @ 1st glance the 1st pic grille looks like of Hyundai genesis ...
Old 07-16-08, 11:19 PM
blkgs4wnav
Driver

Default wtf is that

is that a g20?
Old 07-18-08, 08:04 PM
StealthAWD
Driver

Hey..it is your car..so do what you want to it..as long as you love it that is really all that matters. I am not a fan of the chrome wheels and grill.

Quick Reply: My 07' GS 350 **Photo-Shopped**