GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Rear ended at stop sign in my 1 month old 450h

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-08, 09:21 PM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Rear ended at stop sign in my 1 month old 450h

I was at a stop sign when I was rear ended by some dumb-*** who was not paying attention. Just got my white GS 450h in the beginning of June. This guy gets out, not even apologetic, and looks at my bumper and thinks its not a big deal. Needless to say I was FUMIN. There is not a whole lot of damage. The question is......Can I get a replacement bumper that is Pre-Painted?(I think not). Another question is...Does anyone know of an EXCELLENT body shop in the Cedar Grove NJ area? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-14-08, 10:18 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that blows!! i feel sorry for you!
Old 07-14-08, 10:28 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow ... a month old ... i would be SO MAD ... in fact, i think i'm mad for you!
Old 07-15-08, 04:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

im right outside of philly and theres a few body shops near me called cavallos auto body. very nice body shops. my buddy is a manager/estimater at one. they do all high end cars and do amazing work
Old 07-15-08, 06:58 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

damn that sucks to hear that... sorry man. i have a similar story, i got my 08 back in april and when i dropped it off at the dealer to do a wheel alignment someone backed it up into something and scratched and dented my bumper, worst part is that they tried to covered it up with touch up paint.

anyways good luck with the new bumper!
Old 07-15-08, 09:51 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

I had the same thing happen to me, dunno if the ******er was smokin something or not, but I was dead stopped at a light and he comes thru and taps my bumper. Left a dent and ran off after I called the cops... the cops couldnt do much since he ran off even though I had his plates. stupid no fault fl.

good luck on the repair.
Old 07-15-08, 10:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Luckily no one was injured, that's the most important part.

Bumper covers do not come pre-painted from the factory unfortunately. There are a few pieces of the car that come pre-painted like the park assist sensors on the bumper, door handles, door mirrors and a few other pieces.

That bumper cover alone is roughly about $380 after taxes. Paint materials, labor and installation, the job should be around $800 granted there is no underlying damages (foam absorber, bumper reinforcement bar, rear body, and etc).

PM me if you have questions.
Old 07-15-08, 10:46 AM
TXprfrmnce
Driver

I have nothing to add but feel for you, sorry to hear of the misfortune.
Old 07-15-08, 10:56 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MDlexus
I was at a stop sign when I was rear ended by some dumb-*** who was not paying attention. Just got my white GS 450h in the beginning of June. This guy gets out, not even apologetic, and looks at my bumper and thinks its not a big deal. Needless to say I was FUMIN. There is not a whole lot of damage. The question is......Can I get a replacement bumper that is Pre-Painted?(I think not). Another question is...Does anyone know of an EXCELLENT body shop in the Cedar Grove NJ area? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
aw man, I'm so sorry! I know exactly how you feel. Actually, I was rear ended back in March/April. I was sitting on the Ben Franklin bridge in traffic and BAM some crazy lady with a crappy hyundai suv slams into me. Needless to say her truck had to be towed off the bridge, I drove off safely, +1 for Lexus safety. I was more in shock than mad. I was thankful that I was alive. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I took my car to Virgo Auto Body in Cherry Hill, NJ. They were amazing, they did an amazing job without any hassle, they took care of everything. The paint is flawless and it's lifetime guarantee. Ask for Terry or Dan. Give them a call. Very professional family owned shop. They replaced my trunk, trunk panel, bumper, tailights and repainted my rear fenders and blended the paint very well. My car was back to factory condition. I kind of wished my front hood was damaged too so it could be repainted cause it has mad rock chips now...lol. Good Luck!
Old 07-15-08, 11:05 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

I feel for you bro. Couple years back, some girl rear ended me at a stoplight b/c she was on the phone and just wasn't paying attention to the road. She comes out of her car crying telling me she was late for her first day at work and stuff. I wasn't too angry b/c i was planning on repainting my rear bumper already, and she wasn't too bad looking either. =Þ Funniest part was i bumped into her at some party couple months down, only to find out she was dating one of my buddies! lol
Old 07-15-08, 11:26 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS3.0
I feel for you bro. Couple years back, some girl rear ended me at a stoplight b/c she was on the phone and just wasn't paying attention to the road. She comes out of her car crying telling me she was late for her first day at work and stuff. I wasn't too angry b/c i was planning on repainting my rear bumper already, and she wasn't too bad looking either. =Þ Funniest part was i bumped into her at some party couple months down, only to find out she was dating one of my buddies! lol
hahahaha
I loved that story.
Someone rear ended me in a parking lot and didn't even apologize. Just stared blankly at the dent in my bumper. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I realized that part of my bumper was split later on. Wish I had at least yelled at the person at the time!
Old 07-15-08, 12:53 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
I had the same thing happen to me, dunno if the ******er was smokin something or not, but I was dead stopped at a light and he comes thru and taps my bumper. Left a dent and ran off after I called the cops... the cops couldnt do much since he ran off even though I had his plates. stupid no fault fl.

good luck on the repair.
Ok your telling me its not a crime to leave the scene of an accident in FL? They wouldnt even let you file a police report? I assumed this was a criminal act in any state.
Old 07-15-08, 02:04 PM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

A woman in a Hummer behind me became distracted while we were stopped at a red light. Her foot came off the brake and she rolled into me. She never realized she hit me, and I had to chase her down. After she looked at my rear bumper and saw the dent and scratches, she then saw my paint on the tow hook of her Hummer's front bumper. She asked what I wanted to do. I said I wanted her to call her insurance company at that minute, and I wanted to talk to them, or I was calling the police. She complied, said she hit me, and I was told by the insurance agent (Geico) they would take care of it. At the estimate, they agreed to refinish the bumper. I wasn't satisfied with that, and took the car to a collision center used by the local Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes dealers. They argued, and Geico agreed to pay for a new skin. There wasn't any other damage. I got the car back last Wednesday, and the total bill came to $844.70. Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-08, 02:18 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear that, but at least you got the person who had damaged your toy!!!

When I got my toy back in 2006, at the time was less than 2 weeks old; some Asshxle hit&run in the parking lot without leaving a note!!!

At least you are not hurt, that is the important!!!
Old 07-15-08, 08:01 PM
SmokeyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ek9vboi

good luck on the repair.
Damn that sucks!

THAT WHY I KEEP IT LOCKED AND LOADED IN THE CAR!

Quick Reply: Rear ended at stop sign in my 1 month old 450h