GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How would you design/build a GS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 08:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How would you design/build a GS-F?

What would you put in it?

anything goes.......... you are chief designer engineer.

(interior/exterior, style, engine......... vents, and more vents, holes wherever, etc etc.......)
Old 07-15-08, 09:30 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would have:

550BHP V10 Engine with a 6 speed SMG dual clutch tranny and a electronic differential or a LSD.

Maybe a Supercharged V10!

The interior would be hand stitched!

It would have a night vision camera like the LX470.

The GS-F would have no chrome either!

Thats my dream GS-F!

I really love the E39/E60 M5. If the GS-F doesn't live up to my standards maybe the m5 will be the next car to replace the GS350.
Old 07-16-08, 12:01 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

N/A v10 with minimum of 550hp, adaptive suspension, adjustable throttle response,traction control, top speed of 180 mph,... basically all of the stuff that the germans have on their autobahn bombers . The car needs to feel very stable at 130+ . stock lexus suspension stops being stable at 90mph imo, especially if the roead surface shiifts or banks. Its suspensions are too compliant. The extra damping and some added aero aids like small diffusers, and flat paneling the entire bottom of the car will make it extremely stable at high speeds and even slippery to the air. Please no stacked exhaust pipes though!! I am not a big fan at all. Seems kinda like they did it to be different, a signature of the brand. I hope the designers find something else to carry through the F line of cars, like the aggressive front fenders.
Old 07-16-08, 08:44 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance:
Twin turbo V8 for power
SMG dual clutch 7-speed transmission with pedal shifter
Big brakes with drilled/slotted brakes and pre-painted 6 piston calipers + either "Lexus" or "GS-F" written on it.
Adaptive suspension and lower stance/firmer setting
Strut bars (F+R)
Available with AWD

Exterior:
More aggressive styling hood/bumpers/sides/spoiler/roof spoiler
Special color
Special badging
19" light wheels
Quad exhaust blended into the bumper
Different grill
Functional vents
Bi-xenons with LED fog/DRL

Interior:
Black semi-aniline leather interior with red stitching available with either black wood or brushed aluminum with leather dash
More lateral support on the seats
Special badging/stitching on seats/door sills
Special GS-F key fob
Old 07-16-08, 01:56 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of GS-F, does anyone have an idea when/if it'll be out?
Peter
Old 07-16-08, 01:59 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

2010 I believe...
Old 07-16-08, 02:02 PM
kit cat

just put in whatevers in the LS600hL, give it 3 pedals (screw this 2pedal crap), LSD, a more "live" steering feed back, better brakes, etc. I personally dont care about top number power that much. I'd much rather have a smooth linear power delivery. Maybe using an electrical motor for the low end and using an internal combustion engine for the high end.

and also give it the special F treatment for the interior/exterior.
Old 07-16-08, 02:28 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ReyRey305
2010 I believe...
doubt it.

i wonder who lexus is hiring as consultants for the F GS..... I hope they're true enthusiasts. Maybe they should steal the GT-R crew from nissan.
Old 07-16-08, 02:30 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by dunnojack
doubt it.

i wonder who lexus is hiring as consultants for the F GS..... I hope they're true enthusiasts. Maybe they should steal the GT-R crew from nissan.
probably Yamaha.
Old 07-16-08, 03:09 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
How about the TRD crew from Toyota?

Lexus will then have learned a lot from the current F model.
Old 07-16-08, 07:45 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

I wouldn't waste my $$$ on GS-F when a GTR could be had

If I had to build one, I'd like to see a high compression V10, SMG, offered in limited edition color only. 4 wheel BBK, No fluffy lexus crap on the interior. give me a basic barebones performance sedan. save the heated power seats for your grandma. Save the navigation, sunroof, mark levinson, and al lthat other stuff for non F cars. Im tired of buying a fake performance car and having to take out stuff I bought stock with the car to replace it with better quality performance parts. Just cut 8K off the price and give me a race car.

Get the picture? I hope you do because Lexus doesnt.
Old 07-16-08, 07:51 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Without even reading all the posts and getting technical.... These are "REQUIRED" for the GS-F to even have a chance to compete:

1. Minimum of 475hp & nearly as much torque.
2. Handling somewhere between an E65 AMG and M5

That is all... good night.

Actually.... By the time Lexus gets around to actually building the car, it may need more like 550hp and comparable torque.
Old 07-16-08, 08:20 PM
SmokeyGS
Pole Position

I would say
1. Stuff the GT-R "style" motor in it... twin turbo V-6...500hp.(tunablity!!!)
2. Agressive "M" style body kits
3. Staggered Wheel setup
4. Coilover Suspension
5. BBK (carbon ceramic optional)
6. DSG padal shift or 3 pedals.
7. "tunable" exhaust.. after certain RPM...baffles open...
8. Interior straight out of Audi's parts bin ie: new TT RS!! WOW!!!

I could be here forever!
Old 07-16-08, 08:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

what alot of people forget is that these car like the m5, m6,and all of the big Amg car weigh in at about 4300-5000lbs. My close friend has a convertible m6 that I drove a couple of times. Yes the technology was insane, but the car didnt pull as hard as you would think with 507hp.With the convertible the car weighs in at about 600lbs heavier than a 3GS. Its all hp to weight ratio. That is why a lotus elise can destroy cars with three times the power on the track. weight is the number one enemy of performance . Id like to see the GSF with some carbon fiber door panels and trim pieces . Id also like to see carbon fiber roof, hood, and fenders to shave some weight on this fat girl to turn her into a track star. I really hope lexus will try to change its image. Most people would rather have an IS sport instead of the full ISF ( present crowd excluded). Mercedes,BMW,Infifnti, audi, and even Volvo will produce sports versions of the cars they sell with higher spring rates , damping, sway bars, larger wheels, paddle shifters,larger brakes, sports seats, and even special colors and interior stitching . At lexus we get 18's and they call it a day. WAKE UP LEXUS!!!!!! your customer base is literally dying. If they are going to delay the GSF I wish they would flex some of that financial muscle and at minimum bring back the supra for gods sake.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-16-08 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-17-08, 02:38 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
I wouldn't waste my $$$ on GS-F when a GTR could be had

If I had to build one, I'd like to see a high compression V10, SMG, offered in limited edition color only. 4 wheel BBK, No fluffy lexus crap on the interior. give me a basic barebones performance sedan. save the heated power seats for your grandma. Save the navigation, sunroof, mark levinson, and al lthat other stuff for non F cars. Im tired of buying a fake performance car and having to take out stuff I bought stock with the car to replace it with better quality performance parts. Just cut 8K off the price and give me a race car.

Get the picture? I hope you do because Lexus doesnt.
Where's the luxury and elegance in that then? If you lose those two elements, it wouldn't be a Lexus.

I'm sure you can get the heated seats, navigation, sunroof, great sound system and all that stuff in an AMG, M, and S/RS cars.

Quick Reply: How would you design/build a GS-F?