GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Any 3GS street challenges? Or is she a bloulevard cruiser?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 07:02 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rkb43
I vote cruiser but this car is fine as a sports sedan. The problem for most people is you have to LEARN how to drive it fast. No floor and steer here. The grip is very good, but you will get very little feedback from the car, which is very disturbing at high speed and/ or rapid transitions.
+1

In a summary that is what a stock GS is with some braking and suspension mods feedback increases!

Very well put rkb43!!!

Last edited by valgs350; 07-21-08 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-22-08, 02:41 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe this is even a topic. If you want a fast car, go buy one. This isn't it. Why try to make it something it isn't?
Old 07-22-08, 05:37 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I8ABMR, I cant believe it, you are starting to like your GS You must be getting old

Seriously, I am pretty old and I bought the GS because I like the quiet and comfortable ride and have a little fun once a while, nothing too crazy. The GS fits that mode perfectly.
Old 07-22-08, 11:59 AM
MI350_55
Pole Position

My sig says it all. Though, I kinda push it a little if it's just me in the car. I use my wife's ride if I really want to have some fun and the Z has only seen less than 50 miles since December of '07.
Old 07-22-08, 04:31 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, if i wanted a performance sedan, this is the last car I'll get...
Old 07-22-08, 04:35 PM
drpepper
Instructor

Well if not a "luxury sport sedan," what about a "high performance luxury sedan?"
Old 07-22-08, 04:50 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drpepper
Well if not a "luxury sport sedan," what about a "high performance luxury sedan?"
LOL

The stock GS is borderline everything, most people buy it for comfort, I bought mine because the design was great and it offered the aspects of a LS and IS in one package.

I've taken mine to many track days and in 1-2 weeks taking it to Willow Springs for its first counter clockwise run might have to post a video for the many people on this forum that doubt this car and in its stock form it had body roll alot but it still performed great if Lexus just gave it an LSD it would be brilliant!

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/dr..._July26_27.htm

IS350- Luxury Sport Sedan

GS350- Luxury High Performance Sedan (The funny thing about the GS is it fits in all age groups, I have seen senior citizens driving it all the way to seeing a couple in high school parking lots)

Why, maybe it offers something different to everyone, LS/IS type of deal, cruiser meets sport!

ES350- Cruiser

LS460- Cruiser

IS-f- Sport Sedan

Here is a video some random guy in a Toyota Camry made, The EVO is the first car, GS is 2nd, and Camry camera car but yo can see the GS keeping up well with the evo, the GS is more than a cruiser but its not a race car either.

Watch the whole video we kinda cruise the first couple turns!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93eZvIGvIY

Last edited by valgs350; 07-22-08 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-22-08, 05:27 PM
drpepper
Instructor

Originally Posted by valgs350
LOL

The stock GS is borderline everything, most people buy it for comfort, I bought mine because the design was great and it offered the aspects of a LS and IS in one package.
Yeah, actually my post was a little bit of tongue-in-cheek baiting. "High Performance Luxury Sedan" is how Lexus describes the GS.

It's funny, these classifications are a few different things at the same time. One thing they are is subjective...way too subjective for the term delusional to be thrown around for simply not agreeing on a definition.

These classifications are also market segments. The definitions of automobile market segments are not carved in stone and guarded by Webster, but for the entities that use market segment classifications, the GS is in the "Luxury Sport Sedan" market segment, aka the "Performance Sedan" or "Performance Luxury Sedan" market segment.
Old 07-23-08, 06:14 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Originally Posted by drpepper
Yeah, actually my post was a little bit of tongue-in-cheek baiting. "High Performance Luxury Sedan" is how Lexus describes the GS.

It's funny, these classifications are a few different things at the same time. One thing they are is subjective...way too subjective for the term delusional to be thrown around for simply not agreeing on a definition.

These classifications are also market segments. The definitions of automobile market segments are not carved in stone and guarded by Webster, but for the entities that use market segment classifications, the GS is in the "Luxury Sport Sedan" market segment, aka the "Performance Sedan" or "Performance Luxury Sedan" market segment.
+1 to that !
Old 07-23-08, 10:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I8ABMR, I cant believe it, you are starting to like your GS You must be getting old

Seriously, I am pretty old and I bought the GS because I like the quiet and comfortable ride and have a little fun once a while, nothing too crazy. The GS fits that mode perfectly.
I am starting to appreciate the luxury ride and quietness.( yes I am getting older. 33 in 2 weeks) My old car was pretty bumpy and noisy, but LOTS of fun to drive hard. What the lexus isreally starting to make me realize is how much more time you will be able to enjoy the luxury than the sports aspect of the cars personality on public roads. That 40 minutes in the car alone, on the way home, with the music, ac, and the cocoon like setting that my GS offers, I feel like I am being cradled on the way home. My old car I would have to adjust the stereo a litle louder bec of the exhaust noise, and frequent the local dentist for filling work because the suspension was set up to 1 click from full hard on the shocks. lol. I went full luxury with this car. from the intiall soft tein h techs to the tein cst, I want it to ride nice. Plus nobody even tries to race me in this thing.
Old 07-24-08, 05:37 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I8ABMR, pretty soon you will be buzzing around in a LS
Old 07-24-08, 07:36 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

A luxury sedan with a bit of sportiness.
Old 07-24-08, 06:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I8ABMR, pretty soon you will be buzzing around in a LS
you know whats really funny is the LS is REALLY growing on me. I think it looks beautiful. The lines are great. I am really considering getting one in the future. every time I see one in the street I definetly look. I can oly imagine an LS 460 with a mild drop and a set of 22's. I saw a picture on the LS forum of a guy who purchased a black LS and got the full WALD kit on it and a drop. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Baller car big time.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-24-08 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 06:59 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Ill vote cruiser for one main reason, My Ls460 Burns the hell out of my gs .
But on the other end. i have springs, rims, full custom exhaust and custom intake on the gs. And because of that my gs is so much more fun to drive

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 07-24-08 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 10:19 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Ill vote cruiser for one main reason, My Ls460 Burns the hell out of my gs .
But on the other end. i have springs, rims, full custom exhaust and custom intake on the gs. And because of that my gs is so much more fun to drive
LOL

Do you have the 2006 GS300 I don't think you have the 430....lol

Quick Reply: Any 3GS street challenges? Or is she a bloulevard cruiser?