GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Familiar with SL2Vi

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 01:42 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Familiar with SL2Vi

hi guys, i called up Vaistech today and was asking them questions about the SL2Vi. I told them that I have navigation, but its not Mark Lev so it doesn't play Movies with the DVD player. I asked him if I could just use this unit to play movies with my IPOD and not worry about getting the switch for the DVD player in the car. He said it would cost around $239 for the SL2Vi, but I would need package 4 because it had the DVD switch so I could watch movies with the IPOD as well for $450. I thought i wouldn't need the switch because the SL2VI would display any vidoe on to the screen. Is this a correct asumption or do I still need the DVD switch to watch movies through my IPOD on my Nav Screen. thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-08, 03:59 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can you watch movies if non-ML has no dvd player? You still need a Dvd switch. They aren't trying to rip you off or anything. If you had ML you don't need the DVD switch I believe.
Old 07-21-08, 04:05 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedozz
hi guys, i called up Vaistech today and was asking them questions about the SL2Vi. I told them that I have navigation, but its not Mark Lev so it doesn't play Movies with the DVD player. I asked him if I could just use this unit to play movies with my IPOD and not worry about getting the switch for the DVD player in the car. He said it would cost around $239 for the SL2Vi, but I would need package 4 because it had the DVD switch so I could watch movies with the IPOD as well for $450. I thought i wouldn't need the switch because the SL2VI would display any vidoe on to the screen. Is this a correct asumption or do I still need the DVD switch to watch movies through my IPOD on my Nav Screen. thanks in advance.
If you have GS 3rd Gen and you don't have ML package then you don't need package 4, you just need package 3 for SL2Vi. It's $349.99 on our website, but we do have a group buy open right now, so you can get it for $299.99
Old 07-21-08, 07:11 PM
borg1of2
Rookie

Originally Posted by VaisTech
If you have GS 3rd Gen and you don't have ML package then you don't need package 4, you just need package 3 for SL2Vi. It's $349.99 on our website, but we do have a group buy open right now, so you can get it for $299.99
What is Package 4? I have an 07 GS450h and it says Package 4 is required. What does it offer that causes it to cost the additional expense?

Where do I find out information on the group buy? Is it available on Package 4?

Dows the SL2VI still require an override switch for the emergency break?
Old 07-22-08, 05:21 AM
tmv22
Driver

i returned my SL2Vi 6 months ago cause i was tired of the limitations.. such as only access songs via playlists. this is a big hassle if i wanna go by artists... i would have to create a playlists for all the artists.

any way, on vaistech website, it says i can access songs by artists, genre if i have the 5th gen nav. how do i know if mine is 5th gen? mine is an 07 gs. i might get it and try it again
Old 07-22-08, 07:34 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

I have an 08 with the newest Nav, does this mean I will be able to sort by artist name and than select the album and song? It doesn't make sense to get it for me if I have to go through playlist. Also, before I meant, if I have a movie loaded on my Ipod, i would still need the switch to watch the movie even though its not going through the DVD player but through the IPOD.
Old 07-22-08, 10:07 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by borg1of2
What is Package 4? I have an 07 GS450h and it says Package 4 is required. What does it offer that causes it to cost the additional expense?

Where do I find out information on the group buy? Is it available on Package 4?

Dows the SL2VI still require an override switch for the emergency break?
Package is a Video switcher, if you have factory DVD, then in order to keep it operating you need video switcher, which will switch in between your factory DVD video source and iPod Video source.

Package 4 is also available for Group Buy pricing, if you would like to place an order please call us and mention CL pricing.

Thanks,
Old 07-22-08, 10:09 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by tmv22
i returned my SL2Vi 6 months ago cause i was tired of the limitations.. such as only access songs via playlists. this is a big hassle if i wanna go by artists... i would have to create a playlists for all the artists.

any way, on vaistech website, it says i can access songs by artists, genre if i have the 5th gen nav. how do i know if mine is 5th gen? mine is an 07 gs. i might get it and try it again
'07 GS 350 does have a 5th Gen Nav system, and with the new firmware you are able to search your iPod by playlist, artist, album, genre, podcasts, audiobooks.

We appreciate if you give us a second chance.
Old 07-22-08, 10:12 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by mikedozz
I have an 08 with the newest Nav, does this mean I will be able to sort by artist name and than select the album and song? It doesn't make sense to get it for me if I have to go through playlist. Also, before I meant, if I have a movie loaded on my Ipod, i would still need the switch to watch the movie even though its not going through the DVD player but through the IPOD.
'08 GS does have a 5th Gen Nav, so you will be able to able to search your iPod by playlist, artist, album, genre, podcasts, audiobooks.

With SL2Vi you will be able to watch videos you have on your iPod right on your Nav screen.

Please keep in mind our system complies with Toyota safety feature, so you will be able to watch video only when parking brake is engaged.
Old 07-22-08, 12:07 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

thanks Vaistech
Old 07-23-08, 08:01 PM
tmv22
Driver

does it still have the limitation of songs per playlist?
before i returned mine, i saw there was only 106 songs in a playlist that has 1120 songs. seems like the vais unit randomly picked out songs from the 1120 available in that playlist.
Old 07-24-08, 10:19 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by tmv22
does it still have the limitation of songs per playlist?
before i returned mine, i saw there was only 106 songs in a playlist that has 1120 songs. seems like the vais unit randomly picked out songs from the 1120 available in that playlist.
You can have as many songs per playlist as you want, but due to Radio limitation it can only display 3 digits for song number in CD-MP3 emulation, and 2 digits for song number in CD emulation. So once you cross song number 999 in CD-MP3 emulation it'll display the last three digits of the song number only, for CD emulation it'll display last two digits for song number only once you cross 99.