GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS350 vs. Hyundai Genesis ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 06:17 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Well this (should be these) last few thread (should be threads) proves that only the misinformed and people who have a hard time pricing out cars on the internet are Genesis interested in the Genesis. (WTF?) Let the fireworks begin

Or maybe it proves that you don't know how to phrase a coherent sentence?

Sorry, but you asked for it!

Last edited by jwaters; 07-30-08 at 06:20 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 06:23 AM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And they're probably the same people who listen to rap music.
Old 07-30-08, 06:39 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jwaters

Hook, line and sinker
Old 07-30-08, 07:16 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by codex57
Lexus/Toyota's websites aren't the greatest either. They force you to get option packages that aren't necessary. The resulting car you can "build" is always more expensive than what's possible in real life.

I guess it's better than Cadillac's site letting you double up on options, but it's still inaccurate.
Lexus website has improved but I agree, its not the greatest and still needs work.

Old 07-30-08, 08:34 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jwaters

Ok cmon guys lets not get into that. Im guilty of typos and grammar mistakes too. Lets just stick to the topic Genesis vs GS350.

I love my GS350 and It would be hard convincing me to trade/sell it in for a Genesis. Much respect/props to the Genesis ive driven it and seen it up in person. I like the car for what it is. Its not a Lexus GS350 but its a pretty darn good car. Value or not I like it. My opinion, my 2 cents whatever you call it. I like it, maybe some of you dont but we all have our opinions.

Even if you guys dont think you'll ever like it or give respect to the Hyundai brand. Just go test drive it. Arent you curious to see how "bad" it handles/rides and looks? We all know pictures dont do justice. There are some GS's on this forum ive seen that look HIDEOUS. Oversized rims not lowered tints that are blacker than night. Nasty but once again just my opinion. So why not just go drive one see one in person and if you still dont like it then or even think its a good car. Then atleast you have proof for yourself instead of just believing whatever reviews youve read online. There are many 5 series owners who test drove a GS, and didnt think it BESTS a GS but give respect/props to the GS for what it is. Its not a BMW....

Anyways sorry for the long post again.
Old 07-30-08, 08:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Respect has to be earned, and Hyandai havent earned mine yet. And there is no way on earth I would consider buying a 1st year design Hyandai, it will have problems and you can count on that.
Old 07-30-08, 09:35 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Respect has to be earned, and Hyandai havent earned mine yet. And there is no way on earth I would consider buying a 1st year design Hyandai, it will have problems and you can count on that.

Youre right Respect has to be earned. How can they earn your respect if you havent given Hyundai a chance. Have you? Did you go see the Genesis for yourself? Did you go test drive one? answer is NO, so untill you do, you cant say you have given them (Hyundai) and their new Genesis a chance. If youre basing your opinion on the Genesis compared to the past of Hyundai and their older vehicles you are very mistaken. If Korean cars are still worrying you, you need to re-think that. They arent far off in technology as you might think. For example Samsung/LG would you say they havent earned your respect? Samsung/LG plasma and lcd tv's dont compete with SONY on the same level? Maybe if not better than some Sony tv's? Samsung/LG phones are great phones, there are some cheap ones but overall they are good phones. Or are we all going to jump on the bandwagon and say Samsung and LG are crap like Hyundai?

Go test drive a Genesis and then you can say you atleast tried to give them a chance to earn your respect.
Old 07-30-08, 10:10 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1989Lexus
Ok cmon guys lets not get into that. Im guilty of typos and grammar mistakes too. Lets just stick to the topic Genesis vs GS350.
Listen, I'm not perfect either. Everyone makes typos, it's no big deal. The fact of the matter is he came after me with a comment that was totally uncalled for. He left himself wide open for criticism.

Either way, I already admitted I was wrong on the CTS pricing. I wasn't even actively involved in the whole debate to begin with. I don't care what the CTS costs to be honest. Still, I think it's odd that Cadillac's build-your-own feature doesn't even give you a warning when you have conflicting option packages. I wonder how many people have been to their site and built a car costing far more than than is even possible and have thus dismissed it from their car shopping lists based on the price.

My apologies for straying off topic yet again.

Last edited by jwaters; 07-30-08 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 10:11 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

Even if you guys dont think you'll ever like it or give respect to the Hyundai brand. Just go test drive it. Arent you curious to see how "bad" it handles/rides and looks? We all know pictures dont do justice. There are some GS's on this forum ive seen that look HIDEOUS. Oversized rims not lowered tints that are blacker than night. Nasty but once again just my opinion. So why not just go drive one see one in person and if you still dont like it then or even think its a good car. Then atleast you have proof for yourself instead of just believing whatever reviews youve read online. There are many 5 series owners who test drove a GS, and didnt think it BESTS a GS but give respect/props to the GS for what it is. Its not a BMW....

Anyways sorry for the long post again.
Good points!
Old 07-30-08, 10:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

1989Lexus, nothing personal, but I don’t like LG products either. Had 2 friends who bought their LCD TV and they both had problems. I had a LG cell phone, it was cheaply made compare to my Motorola.
My co-worker has a 2 year old Santa Fe, nice car for the price but that all I would say about that. Would I buy one, no.
In the end, you can compare Hyundai’s standard options and low price until you are blue in the face. The bottom line is that most people that are into cars or who are car enthusiast will not buy a $45,000 Hyundai.
Old 07-30-08, 10:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Youre right Respect has to be earned. How can they earn your respect if you havent given Hyundai a chance. Have you? Did you go see the Genesis for yourself? Did you go test drive one? answer is NO, so untill you do, you cant say you have given them (Hyundai) and their new Genesis a chance. If youre basing your opinion on the Genesis compared to the past of Hyundai and their older vehicles you are very mistaken. If Korean cars are still worrying you, you need to re-think that. They arent far off in technology as you might think. For example Samsung/LG would you say they havent earned your respect? Samsung/LG plasma and lcd tv's dont compete with SONY on the same level? Maybe if not better than some Sony tv's? Samsung/LG phones are great phones, there are some cheap ones but overall they are good phones. Or are we all going to jump on the bandwagon and say Samsung and LG are crap like Hyundai?

Go test drive a Genesis and then you can say you atleast tried to give them a chance to earn your respect.
See,the thing is I have absolutely no interest in ever buying a Hyundai.None,zilch,zero...
It's probably a nice car but not for me..Like I mentioned before so are some models of Volvo.I wouldn't buy a Volvo either.
This is a Lexus board and having a Hyundai compared to a GS and shoved down my throat is not for me.
The car just isn't in the luxury market class.
Side to side the Hyundai just can't compare to a GS,IMO.

Last edited by Joeb427; 07-30-08 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 10:24 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

Upon doing a quick Google search I found the following results from J.D. Powers New Vehicle Quality Survey:

2006 Results
http://www.garyromehyundai.com/jd_power_rankings.cfm

2008 Results
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60607007/1041

And here is one for Customer Satisfaction just for good measure:

2006 Results
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...s46/index.html

Enjoy!
Old 07-30-08, 10:26 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

The bottom line is that most people that are into cars or who are car enthusiast will not buy a $45,000 Hyundai.
I love how people like to stretch the price, even if it's only a few thousand, to make it sound more expensive than it really is.
Old 07-30-08, 10:34 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

You are right, the top of line Genesis is only $42,000. Look Jwater, I see you just bought a Hyundai, good luck with it and let us know how the car is a year or 2 from now.
Old 07-30-08, 11:56 AM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

1989Lexus, nothing personal, but I don’t like LG products either. Had 2 friends who bought their LCD TV and they both had problems. I had a LG cell phone, it was cheaply made compare to my Motorola.
My co-worker has a 2 year old Santa Fe, nice car for the price but that all I would say about that. Would I buy one, no.
In the end, you can compare Hyundai’s standard options and low price until you are blue in the face. The bottom line is that most people that are into cars or who are car enthusiast will not buy a $45,000 Hyundai.

I have had 3 motorola phones in the past. 2 of them Razrs to be exact and 1 krazr. All 3 of them were peices of crap. The Krazr was less than a year old and the battery would die every 30 min. Does this mean motorola makes cheap stuff? No just because I have had a few problems with certain motorola phones doesnt mean they dont make good electronics.

I see your friends had problems with LG tv's, but again you never have. You never had personal experience with a LG tv but since your friends have it makes it a bad tv? Maybe they bought the cheaper brand maybe you had the cheapest LG phone they have out. The ones they give out for free? If you look at the biggest cell phone makers I think the list goes Nokia,Samsung,Motorola,LG.....

I am not saying you should have interest in a Hyundai and Im def not saying the Genesis is a better car than OUR GS's. All im simply saying is that if youre going to KNOCK the new Genesis back it up. Not with other peoples reviews or only with the reviews you want to read that say the Genesis is a bad car. Go drive one. Is it really wasting your 10 min of your life to go see how "bad" the car is? After all you said RESPECT has to be earned. Unless your worried that they might gain a little respect after you test drive it and even if you test drive it and you still have no respect because its a hyundai, no problem. In the end our GS is that much better than the Genesis right? lol

Quick Reply: GS350 vs. Hyundai Genesis ???