GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS350 vs. Hyundai Genesis ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-08, 12:02 PM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
See,the thing is I have absolutely no interest in ever buying a Hyundai.None,zilch,zero...
It's probably a nice car but not for me..Like I mentioned before so are some models of Volvo.I wouldn't buy a Volvo either.
This is a Lexus board and having a Hyundai compared to a GS and shoved down my throat is not for me.
The car just isn't in the luxury market class.
Side to side the Hyundai just can't compare to a GS,IMO.

No one is shoving a Hyundai Genesis down your throat. No one ever will. You made your opinion clear that the car isnt for you. You made it clear Hyundai is a cheap car brand. You also made it ver clear that a Hyundai Genesis CANT compare to a GS. In your opinion that is. Youve stated your opinion very clearly and I respect that. All that I ask is you do the same. Dont Knock the Genesis if you havent even seen it up in person or test driven one. Just like I said before. 5 series owners will tell you the Lexus GS falls way short of it. We GS owners like to think different correct? We think it compares nicely to the 5 series right? I do atleast. But it doesnt make them wrong to think that way is it? If you wont ever buy a Hyundai, no problem im not asking you to. I dont think anyone is. I probably wont buy one myself for whatever reason. To some money is a bigger issue than others, and if they cant afford a NEW GS, and they opt out for a Genesis who are we to criticize them for doing it? Are we that much better than him/her who owns/buys a Genesis because they cant AFFORD a NEW GS? Im happy for you that you/we can afford a GS and if you dont want to buy a Hyundai, then dont.
Old 07-30-08, 12:11 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989Lexus
If you wont ever buy a Hyundai, no problem im not asking you to. I dont think anyone is. I probably wont buy one myself for whatever reason.
I rest my case, the genesis looks good on paper, but there are many people out there who will say a lot of good things about it but would never buy one for what ever reason.
Old 07-30-08, 12:16 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

No one is shoving a Hyundai Genesis down your throat. No one ever will. You made your opinion clear that the car isnt for you. You made it clear Hyundai is a cheap car brand. You also made it ver clear that a Hyundai Genesis CANT compare to a GS. In your opinion that is. Youve stated your opinion very clearly and I respect that. All that I ask is you do the same. Dont Knock the Genesis if you havent even seen it up in person or test driven one. Just like I said before. 5 series owners will tell you the Lexus GS falls way short of it. We GS owners like to think different correct? We think it compares nicely to the 5 series right? I do atleast. But it doesnt make them wrong to think that way is it? If you wont ever buy a Hyundai, no problem im not asking you to. I dont think anyone is. I probably wont buy one myself for whatever reason. To some money is a bigger issue than others, and if they cant afford a NEW GS, and they opt out for a Genesis who are we to criticize them for doing it? Are we that much better than him/her who owns/buys a Genesis because they cant AFFORD a NEW GS? Im happy for you that you/we can afford a GS and if you dont want to buy a Hyundai, then dont.

I've stated that I believe the Genesis is a good car but not for me and I don't care how many reviews JWaters posts..
I don't have to see the car in person.
Pictures are enough to see that the GS looks much classier and more expensive(which it is) than the Genesis.
I don't care how it handles.The first things I look at when purchasing a vehicle is the looks both in and out and reliability.
The thread title is GS350 vs Hyundai Genesis.IMO,there is no versus.The Genesis isn't in the same catagory to me..
If money is an issue to ssomeone then a Genesis may work for that person.
If money was an issue to me,I'd buy something else for $40K over a Genesis.That's me and I believe a lot of people when they see the cost of a Genesis would feel the same.
As far as the BMW 5 Series.I like them.
BMW's killing you with individual option pricing and the 5 Series ride moved me into the GS.
Old 07-30-08, 12:34 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

BTW,all this talk about the Genesis powerful V8...

Lexus GS350
(1/4 mile), 14.1 sec

V8 Genesis
(1/4 Mile) 14.0 sec

Where the Genesis' extra 65 HP go?
Old 07-30-08, 12:39 PM
drpepper
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one is shoving a Hyundai Genesis down your throat.

jwaters is...

j/k, j/k
Old 07-30-08, 01:08 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

LOL! Some of you are guys fanboys to the core. Lexus (Toyota) is truly lucky to have you!

Fanboys =
Auto Enthusiasts =
Old 07-30-08, 01:11 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jwaters
LOL! Some of you are guys fanboys to the core. Lexus (Toyota) is truly lucky to have you!

Fanboys =
Auto Enthusiasts =

Yeah,right.
With all your Genesis "listen to me" posts,you're not a Hyundai Hiney?
Old 07-30-08, 01:12 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Lexus fanboys? not me. I happen to think Lexus quality is on the decline.
Old 07-30-08, 01:28 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

Yeah,right.
With all your Genesis "listen to me" posts,you're not a Hyundai Hiney?
Unlike you, I've actually owned both the GS & Genesis. I'd also like to think that I'm capable of appreciating any good car, regardless of the maker. In fact, I've owned cars from Mitsubishi, VW, BMW, Ford, Cadillac, Honda/Acura, etc. But, if it makes you feel better, I'll take the compliment.

jwaters943 = resident "Hyundai Hiney"
Old 07-30-08, 01:39 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Unlike you, I've actually owned both the GS & Genesis. I'd also like to think that I'm capable of appreciating any good car, regardless of the maker. In fact, I've owned cars from Mitsubishi, VW, BMW, Ford, Cadillac, Honda/Acura, etc. But, if it makes you feel better, I'll take the compliment.

jwaters943 = resident "Hyundai Hiney"
That's great.
I'm glad you're happy.
I see that makes three vehicle manufacturers you bought from that I wouldn't consider.
Though,if I had to,I would even consider a Mitsubushi or VW over a Hyundai in a heartbeat.
Except for the Beemer,I've owned the other makes and others.

Last edited by Joeb427; 07-30-08 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-30-08, 01:55 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

That's great.
I'm glad you're happy.
I see that makes three vehicle manufacturers you bought from that I wouldn't consider.
Though,if I had to,I would even consider a Mitsubushi or VW over a Hyundai in a heartbeat.
Except for the Beemer,I've owned the other makes.
Pretty much the last car I would consider would be VW!
Old 07-30-08, 05:27 PM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Lets not let this thread get out of hand.

You dont have to go see the car in person JOEB427. If you say the car isnt for you, then it must not be for you. If you want to knock the Hyundai Genesis for whatever reasons you choose to then so be it. If you wont even go take the time to go see, You must have your mind set that the GS will always be a better car lol. Right?

And Gman, I didnt want to post this but I guess I will to back up my statement when I say I probably wont buy one for whatever reasons. I wont get one because I can afford a car a little more pricey to my liking. If one chooses the Genesis due to their financial situations or just to their liking thats up to them. So you can rest your case with that.
Old 07-30-08, 06:01 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh really? I think we have shown remarkable restraint in putting up with your
trash talk about the GS in a 3GS forum...
Old 07-30-08, 06:14 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

What trash talk?

I didn't start this topic.
I have not "trash talked" the GS.
I have only tried to give my point of view as the sole person on this site who has owned both a GS & Genesis.

Sorry for ruffling your feathers. HONESTLY, that wasn't my intention. I'm not here to **** off GS owners. The GS is a very good car and you should be proud to own one. My only issue is with certain close-minded people who, before even driving the Genesis, have made up their mind that it's a POS.

Last edited by jwaters; 07-30-08 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-30-08, 06:20 PM
1989Lexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Oh really? I think we have shown remarkable restraint in putting up with your
trash talk about the GS in a 3GS forum...

Uhh... what? cmon man lets not let this get out of hand. We are all being civil right? We are mature enough to have a debate/discussion on a lexus forum without letting it get out of hand right?

Marshmallo there are a few of us on the 3GS forum who have been continuously posting in this thread, I might be mistaken but I think your just reading a few of the recent posts....?

Quick Reply: GS350 vs. Hyundai Genesis ???